Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:07 am

I think Chris Rager was the best actor in the old Z dub.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:13 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:I think Chris Rager was the best actor in the old Z dub.
Since I consider the first 53 Ocean dub episodes to be part of the old Z dub I would give that honour to Scott McNeil.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:it seems I'm the only one who like Gohan's F tracksuit :wtf:
You're definitely not. It's my favorite look for Gohan, rivaling his Cell Games one.
I would say my favorite look for Gohan was him in the latest episode. Really like that suit.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Viz's manga is better then Kai's dub. Besides the censorship and occasional changed dialog, it's the best way for people who dislike the JPN cast to experience the series.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Viz's manga is better then Kai's dub. Besides the censorship and occasional changed dialog, it's the best way for people who dislike the JPN cast to experience the series.
I've been collecting for a year, and am up to the beginning of the Android Arc. So far, I'm inclined to agree. Despite its occasional changes, they're almost always miniscule and/or non-intrusive.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:33 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Viz's manga is better then Kai's dub. Besides the censorship and occasional changed dialog, it's the best way for people who dislike the JPN cast to experience the series.
I've been collecting for a year, and am up to the beginning of the Android Arc. So far, I'm inclined to agree. Despite it's occasional changes, they're almost always miniscule and/or non-intrusive.
The Boo saga gets a bit iffy (H-word, Vegrot) but other then that, it's fine. Actual one of my biggest complaints in the freedom is when people act like their entire translation is on par with season 3.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:17 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
I've been collecting for a year, and am up to the beginning of the Android Arc. So far, I'm inclined to agree. Despite it's occasional changes, they're almost always miniscule and/or non-intrusive.
The Boo saga gets a bit iffy (H-word, Vegrot) but other then that, it's fine.
Don't forget the use of lasers in place of guns.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:20 am

ryou766 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
I never understood those kinds of edits.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:22 am

nite_jay wrote:I never understood those kinds of edits.
It really wasn't even a thing until the Boo arc. DB and early DBZ had guns.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:27 am

ryou766 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
I've checked some of the Boo Arc pages, and the change is stupid, but so what? It's miniscule to the point of irrelevance.
Retired.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:29 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I've checked some of the Boo Arc pages, and the change is stupid, but so what? It's miniscule to the point of irrelevance.
You not having any issue with it doesn't speak for others.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:30 am

ryou766 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I've checked some of the Boo Arc pages, and the change is stupid, but so what? It's miniscule to the point of irrelevance.
Are you trying to start something? I never said that it did.
Retired.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:32 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: The Boo saga gets a bit iffy (H-word, Vegrot) but other then that, it's fine.
I've checked some of the Boo Arc pages, and the change is stupid, but so what? It's miniscule to the point of irrelevance.
I just don't see the point of even changing it. I don't get how lasers being fired make any difference in "violence levels" than a normal gun.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:33 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
You need to calm down.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:34 am

nite_jay wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
I just don't see the point of even changing it. I don't get how lasers being fired make any difference in "violence levels" than a normal gun.
I agree, but it's not big enough to justify caring. Maybe Full Color will be the first (good) release to correct it.
ryou766 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
You need to calm down.
Yeah, cause I'm foaming at the mouth here.

You're clearly trying to start something, so don't talk to me ever again.
Retired.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:39 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're clearly trying to start something, so don't talk to me ever again.
You're clearly the one "starting something" out of absolutely nothing, though.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:51 am

nite_jay wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: The Boo saga gets a bit iffy (H-word, Vegrot) but other then that, it's fine.
I never understood those kinds of edits.
That's actual one of the reasons why I don't know much about the Boo arc. The anime is to fucking long and Viz's censorship makes me not want to reread it.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:55 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:That's actual one of the reasons why I don't know much about the Boo arc. The anime is to fucking long and Viz's censorship makes me not want to reread it.
The latest 3-in-1 release of Boo isn't censored. It's cheap, but not well-made either.

Also, the first printing of it did mistakenly have the edited pages. So if you're buying off ebay or from a 3rd party Amazon Seller, you're taking a chance.
Retired.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:34 am

- The full color dragonball manga is the best way for me to experience the series

- despite its flaws , i actually enjoyed The Resurrection F Movie

- Dragon Ball Super's recent episodes has better animation than any episode of dragon ball z , the art however isn't as good

- i like Garlic JR's saga

- TFS fans are ruining the series (even though i enjoy watching DBZA)
My English is poor .

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:56 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
I've been collecting for a year, and am up to the beginning of the Android Arc. So far, I'm inclined to agree. Despite its occasional changes, they're almost always miniscule and/or non-intrusive.
I agree. Fans tend to exaggerate the importance of the small flaws of the Viz manga, even often having problems with what isn't actually a flaw, just alternate choices in translation/adaptation ("Vegerot", Djin", ...). In truth, the small flaws wouldn't even be noticeable if fans weren't familiar with the original and the flaws are, like you said, almost always minuscule and/or non-intrusive.