this Arc was more than just fighting

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

this Arc was more than just fighting

Post by Lujin_16 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:56 pm

+ Black Goku & Zamasu's Motiv
+ Complex Story
+ The Mystery of Black Goku

This arc is a response to many hates who think Dragonball is just fighting and becoming stronger ..The Black Goku Arc has done some things who was missed in
Z and that's why i like it so much..

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: this Arc was more than just fighting

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:37 pm

This franchise as a whole has been more than just fighting lol

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:00 pm

Well the series generally is about that as the status quo, its just Trunks and Zamasu who's character isn't about that. Thats why. Anything about Goku or Vegeta will be centered around the usual formula.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Don't forget the bittersweet ending where the protagonist will actually have to live with the consequences what occurred in the arc.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:49 pm

So is the rest of the series.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:19 am

There was fighting, but all our attention was caught by mistery and plot points.
MAYBE the arc could be wrong for someone as a whole, but indeed it was told in a very intriguing way. Black identity, Zamasu scheme, mafuba use, how to solve the mess... I hope new arcs will keep that style. It was a nice journey.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:36 am

I don't think anything other than Frieza arc can top this arc in terms of development, villains and ending.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.