If you could name Trunks' new transformation?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If you could name Trunks' new transformation?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Super Saiyan Asspull

SSJAP
Ergh...you may want to rephrase that :lol: .
Oops, didn't even notice that! My bad.
SSA then lol

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:10 am

This thread is delivering.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:04 am

Ultra Trunks.

A hybrid SSJ2 transformation with godly KI but he doesn't know enough of that KI to turn him into SSJB. He probably absorved some of Black's KI and Vegeta's SSB Godly KI when he was fighting/training with him. Pretty much like Goku base when he fought Beerus ( after the SSJG transformation expires ). Pretty ass explanation but I can't find another one.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Wait, guys, I GOT IT! The perfect name!
So unlike Goku and Vegeta, Trunks isn't transforming into Super Saiyan Blue; he's transforming into his Super Saiyan God Destroyer form. He's not a Super Saiyan GOD; he's a "god destroyer". A non-god who destroys gods.

How does that grab you? Him going "Super Saiyan God Destroyer" (or just him powering up into his "God Destroyer" form)?
Personally I wouldn't go with any made up concepts outside of the in-universe consistency. Its why I don't like the sound of that, because its not a form that is specifically a "God destroyer" or anything wild like that just because he magically killed Zamasu. Its just his SS2 with Blue ki tinted. The closest thing to this type of form is just False SS. Or False SSB in this case.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:36 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Personally I wouldn't go with any made up concepts outside of the in-universe consistency. Its why I don't like the sound of that, because its not a form that is specifically a "God destroyer" or anything wild like that just because he magically killed Zamasu. Its just his SS2 with Blue ki tinted. The closest thing to this type of form is just False SS. Or False SSB in this case.
Hmm...False SSB sounds a bit plain to me; plus, False Super Saiyan was a very brief powerup that went away almost as soon as it showed up. This, on the other hand, seems to be a permanent form for Trunks.

So...how about "Super Saiyan AΩ"? The symbols are the Greek symbols for "Alpha" and "Omega" (a reference to "I am the Alpha and the Omega" from God), because I'm still trying to work in a "god" motif in whatever name I settle on for this form.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:43 am

NO WAIT, I GOT IT!

Let's call the form "Super Saiyan Prometheus"! Prometheus was known in Greek legend as humanity's greatest benefactor, because he stole the gift of "fire" from the Greek gods, and gave it to the humans. He did this in defiance of the pantheon, and was condemned to eternal punishment by Zeus. In other words, Prometheus gave the humans knowledge that was meant only for the gods and was then punished for giving said knowledge.

Kinda fits with one of the overall themes of the Black arc, eh?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:13 am

I'd just go with "Pseudo Super Saiyan Blue" (疑似超サイヤ人ブルー), or "Pseudo Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" (疑似超サイヤ人ゴッド超サイヤ人) for long.
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:40 am

I will opt for some Japanese style naming, like:
Magic Happens Super Saiyan Magic!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:14 am

Thouser wrote:I'd just go with "Pseudo Super Saiyan Blue" (疑似超サイヤ人ブルー), or "Pseudo Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" (疑似超サイヤ人ゴッド超サイヤ人) for long.
Yeah, this is what I use. Pseudo SSJB seems like the easiest name, plus everyone will know what you're talking about. I did like Fion's Prometheus name, though. :mrgreen:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 am

The form seems to work off Rage so... Super Saiyan Rage.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:40 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The form seems to work off Rage so... Super Saiyan Rage.
Isn't that sort of redundant, though? Super Saiyan works off rage in general too. (Granted, not for Goten, Trunks, etc, but they're special cases.)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:16 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The form seems to work off Rage so... Super Saiyan Rage.
Isn't that sort of redundant, though? Super Saiyan works off rage in general too. (Granted, not for Goten, Trunks, etc, but they're special cases.)
Eh Super Saiyan has just become a naming convention now SSG, SSGSS and SSR certainly don't work off rage. I think rage is one aspect od achieve as you noted Goten and Trunks.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Personally I wouldn't go with any made up concepts outside of the in-universe consistency. Its why I don't like the sound of that, because its not a form that is specifically a "God destroyer" or anything wild like that just because he magically killed Zamasu. Its just his SS2 with Blue ki tinted. The closest thing to this type of form is just False SS. Or False SSB in this case.
Hmm...False SSB sounds a bit plain to me; plus, False Super Saiyan was a very brief powerup that went away almost as soon as it showed up. This, on the other hand, seems to be a permanent form for Trunks.

So...how about "Super Saiyan AΩ"? The symbols are the Greek symbols for "Alpha" and "Omega" (a reference to "I am the Alpha and the Omega" from God), because I'm still trying to work in a "god" motif in whatever name I settle on for this form.
You know, a term for the fanbase shouldn't require that much imagination. Its not about us creating a new context for the form, the fan term is just something for easier reference to that state. Just like how "Mystic" was just referring to his unlocked power with Elder Kai.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:07 pm

Super Saiyan Not Quite God But Close Enough Super Saiyan. Don't know why the trigger wasn't pulled to have him actually be Super Saiyan Blue (vomits at the mention of the name).

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:29 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:You know, a term for the fanbase shouldn't require that much imagination. Its not about us creating a new context for the form, the fan term is just something for easier reference to that state. Just like how "Mystic" was just referring to his unlocked power with Elder Kai.
Doesn't matter to me. If you can come up with an imaginary name, why not do so? Just so long as it's memorable.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Maybe something like Full Fury Demi-God (完全な怒りデミ - 神)Trunks? Sounds good to me. What do you think?
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:57 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:Maybe something like Full Fury Demi-God (完全な怒りデミ - 神)Trunks? Sounds good to me. What do you think?
Oooh, yeah, that could be nice! I'd shorten it to "Super Saiyan Demi-God", but other than that? Sounds good!

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:23 pm

SSJLimitBreak
PowerLevelsAreBSSJ
Honestly I got nothing better than "I can't believe it's not Blue" I think that's the thread winner.

On a serious note; Probably SSJ DemiGod
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:04 am

Cipher wrote:トランクス

10char
How about Shin Super Saiyan, just in case Gohan (HA) or somebody else learns to do it?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:47 am

This topic gave me a lot of chuckles, haha.

I was disappointed that I had to wait until the END of the fourth page to hear someone suggest Super Saiyan Demigod. I thought that would've been an obvious choice. I've been using it since the episode aired.

It works perfectly since he's not at SSB (God Ki), nor is he at regular SS (Mortal Ki). He has both like a Demigod. He's also more or less the son of a god, Vegeta, which is what a Demigod is.