Do demons exist in the DB universe to balance out angels?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Do demons exist in the DB universe to balance out angels?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 pm

King Kai said that if there are gods who create it's balanced out by gods who destroy.

So are there going to be demons (yokai) to counter the angels in the DB universe?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Do demons exist in the DB universe to balance out angels?

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:47 pm

There already are demons, Piccolo was one and I'm pretty sure Dabra and everyone from Makai counts as demons too.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:There already are demons, Piccolo was one and I'm pretty sure Dabra and everyone from Makai counts as demons too.
Piccolo is just a alien , just because people called him a deamon doesn't make him one. That's like calling kami a kai.

Demons are creatures that came from the demon realm , like spike the devilman.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:21 pm

flashback0180 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:There already are demons, Piccolo was one and I'm pretty sure Dabra and everyone from Makai counts as demons too.
Piccolo is just a alien , just because people called him a deamon doesn't make him one. That's like calling kami a kai.

Piccolo was both. His origin and nature made him demonic. He just isn't from the same demonic class as demonic entities like Boo.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:35 pm

King Piccolo, Garlic, Garlic Jr., Dabura, Buu, Hirudegarn, Towa, Mira, Demigra and Mechikabura are all demonic entities.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:50 pm

flashback0180 wrote:

No, he was actually a demon and had demonic properties like the people that he killed being unable to move on to the afterlife. He just happened to also be an alien.

Dabra is also both a demon and an alien.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Cetra wrote:
flashback0180 wrote:

Piccolo was both. His origin and nature made him demonic. He just isn't from the same demonic class as demonic entities like Boo.
Ahh now i understand

I just thought maybe he thought was a demon
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Cetra wrote:
flashback0180 wrote: Piccolo is just a alien , just because people called him a deamon doesn't make him one. That's like calling kami a kai.

Ahh now i understand

I just thought maybe he thought was a demon
No, but it is apparently at least something that you can partly lose nature-wise just as Piccolo did when his cruelty vanished. A change of character seems to affect this entire state of existence.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:13 pm

The Makai are the demons of Dragon Ball but they aren't no where as near as powerful as Whis and the angels. I think there could be stronger demons that could give them a run for their money like Demigra.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Demons are contrasted against "humans" (ningen) in the Dragon Ball world; they aren't higher on any divine totem. They're simply beings that possess magical, evil powers and properties. Most of them live in the Demon World (makai), but it's also a distinction that can be obtained by those outside the Demon Realm.

The Kaioshin (and possibly other gods) have counterparts in their universe's Demon Realm, where the origins of said magical evil properties lie; we know about the Makaioshin specifically from ancillary interviews, but there may be other counterparts as well. We only know of angels existing in the normal realm, and they aren't the inherently "good" divine beings they are in Judeo-Christian mythology; they're neutral beings who mostly serve and to some extent supervise Gods of Destruction (and Zeno).