"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Just noticed something weird via outfit farming with the yellow Buu kids - there are two different 'Uub's Clothes' options, both with that exact same moniker. One is kid Uub's clothes from the end of Z, which only have the top and bottom pieces; the other is Uub from GT's outfit after he fused with Mr. Buu. Both have the exact same name though, for some...weird and confusing reason.

Are there any other outfits that are hard to keep straight because they did that, or is it just that one?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm getting this game tomorrow, would you guys say the story is better than Xenoverse 1's?

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Just noticed something weird via outfit farming with the yellow Buu kids - there are two different 'Uub's Clothes' options, both with that exact same moniker. One is kid Uub's clothes from the end of Z, which only have the top and bottom pieces; the other is Uub from GT's outfit after he fused with Mr. Buu. Both have the exact same name though, for some...weird and confusing reason.

Are there any other outfits that are hard to keep straight because they did that, or is it just that one?
It really confuses me that they didn't just call the ft ones "Majuub's Clothes" since that's what they are.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:04 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:I'm getting this game tomorrow, would you guys say the story is better than Xenoverse 1's?
No. It's more or less the same with some movie characters sprinkled here and there.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:07 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:
SSJFutureTrunks wrote:I'm getting this game tomorrow, would you guys say the story is better than Xenoverse 1's?
No. It's more or less the same with some movie characters sprinkled here and there.
The Time Breaker stuff is fun though. I honestly wish the game was 100% original story. They've shown they could easily do it.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:11 pm

I agree. I'd love an original story. Maybe each character at various times gets pulled out of history to have a grand tournament for a universal god's entertainment and he or she could be the main villain. Have Namek arc Vegeta see Boo arc Goku, etc. I know it sounds overwhelming, but so does traveling through different time periods reliving the same battles we've seen and played 100 times before... AGAIN. Somehow they made it work.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Definitely, it does more with it's time travel premise than just tease you with a what-if, Mira is actually an interesting villain and overall it feels a bit more personal to your character.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:02 pm

TFS did some more CaC voices in this right?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Not really. It's basically a rehash of the story in the first game, except with Lord Slug, Turles and Bardock getting more screentime.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:38 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:TFS did some more CaC voices in this right?
Voice 8 is Taka as Nappa
Voice 13 is Kaiser doing a Mettaton voice
Voice 15 is Lani basically doing a Mister Satan as a hick voice or something like that. Best way I can describe it.

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:48 pm

What buttons do you press to resist brainwash attacks?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:59 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:It really confuses me that they didn't just call the ft ones "Majuub's Clothes" since that's what they are.
I know, right? Or at least 'Uub's GT Clothes' or something (though that could have been mistaken for his gi from before he merged), anything to where you don't have two different sets with the exact same name.

Anyway, just got back from doing a bit of Black Friday shopping at Wal-mart, and if anyone actually wants to brave their own local store, I saw at least a couple of copies of Xenoverse 2 floating in the game displays for cheaper. I don't know exactly how much cheaper, but thought I'd mention it.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:58 pm

:lol: I'm so slow with the game that I just found out I can do a teleporting Kamehameha after you charge it full while in Super Saiyan. I just found that out while I was playing against a few relatives at a "Thanksgiving tournament".

But seriously, did anyone found this out before the game came out or nah? I haven't been playing the game(or my PS4) much cuz I was busy with other stuff and I'm currently on the Buu saga right now.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:17 am

Finally got past where I was stuck in Elder Kai's training #13...only to find that it wasn't even the last bit, and that there's another input command challenge I have to do in it, and it's just as BS as the one before it. :crazy:

I am putting in the commands right, but it won't register as such sometimes. And then even when I NAIL it, oh, there goes Tenshinhan just NOT getting hit by the Ultimate at the end of the combo, thus making me start ALL OVER AGAIN. It is beyond rage inducing.

Edit: And then immediately after posting that, I FINALLY freaking did it, good Kami that was absurd. And all you get out of that is a trophy? ...I feel cheated.
Twitter

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:And then immediately after posting that, I FINALLY freaking did it, good Kami that was absurd. And all you get out of that is a trophy? ...I feel cheated.
Meh, if you can get the execution down, you can actually learn to use it for pretty sick combos.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Soccerjam wrote:What buttons do you press to resist brainwash attacks?
You don't. You either get saved by a teammate or fight your fake. Only way to avoid getting brainwashed is to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:36 pm

I don't have an issue with Bardock being strong when he was weaker than Chaozu before.

Unlike minus it's a specific plot point that she experiments with different kinds of magic/sorcery/science/fruit on her subordinates.

Unlike Slug and Turles she stole Bardock from the moment he was about to die anyway, so his removal was subtle and unnoticed. She's been using him in the field (behind the scenes) for longer than anyone but Miira it seems.

Regaining his free will after that shit seemed to act as a weird kind of "potential unlocked" for him. And I like it. That scene where he pulls Mira down and smirks at Towa was so dope that anyone whining about PL's has no taste joy in their life.

I loved how they had that concept where Mira lacks the right attitude. It reminded me of that cool scene in Avengers where Coulson tells Loki that for all his power he "lacks conviction".

Can't wait for XVIII gutted it seems none of the DLC has more story like XV's GT packs did.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:29 pm

TobyS wrote:
Can't wait for XVIII gutted it seems none of the DLC has more story like XV's GT packs did.
They've directly stated that at least some of the DLC will feature more story.
I loved how they had that concept where Mira lacks the right attitude. It reminded me of that cool scene in Avengers where Coulson tells Loki that for all his power he "lacks conviction".
I also like the conversation Mira and Bardock have where Bardock inspires Mira's spirit.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:47 pm

TobyS wrote:I don't have an issue with Bardock being strong when he was weaker than Chaozu before.

Unlike minus it's a specific plot point that she experiments with different kinds of magic/sorcery/science/fruit on her subordinates.

Unlike Slug and Turles she stole Bardock from the moment he was about to die anyway, so his removal was subtle and unnoticed. She's been using him in the field (behind the scenes) for longer than anyone but Miira it seems.

Regaining his free will after that shit seemed to act as a weird kind of "potential unlocked" for him. And I like it. That scene where he pulls Mira down and smirks at Towa was so dope that anyone whining about PL's has no taste joy in their life.

Yeah, everything Xenoverse did was actually giving more depth to Mira and Bardock, something unfortunately not seen in Dragon Ball Online, as it closed too prematurely. Nothing there seemed "wanked" as some haters and others minorities love to claim. Althought obviously Bardock wasn't weaker than Chiaotzu.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Looks like that Android 18 Super Soul I need isn't in the TP Medal Shop this weekend, bah. I'll have to hold out hope for next weekend.
Twitter