The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:18 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Are you sure Black can beat Hit so easily? Goku needed Kaioken x10 to fight Hit whereas he only needed a rage boost to start wrecking Black even though he was just stabbed and was on the verge of collapsing.
Yes, because the dude said "Black at his strongest", who's much above Hit as stated in the latest interview.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:30 pm

Angelus wrote:U6 Final Form Frost (No poison sting) VS Final Form Frieza (DBS, Resurrected)
[Not the usual Final Form Frieza, but the resurrected one from DBS, who ended up fighting Base Goku... before turning Golden Frieza, and the latter turning SSJB as a response]
If this is freeza who fought goku, he loses handily. If this is freeza at full power in his final form, he 3-shots.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Are you sure Black can beat Hit so easily? Goku needed Kaioken x10 to fight Hit whereas he only needed a rage boost to start wrecking Black even though he was just stabbed and was on the verge of collapsing.
Yes, because the dude said "Black at his strongest", who's much above Hit as stated in the latest interview.
But this would mean Goku became over 10x stronger than he was at the Tournament which makes no sense.
apex_pretador wrote:
Angelus wrote:U6 Final Form Frost (No poison sting) VS Final Form Frieza (DBS, Resurrected)
[Not the usual Final Form Frieza, but the resurrected one from DBS, who ended up fighting Base Goku... before turning Golden Frieza, and the latter turning SSJB as a response]
If this is freeza who fought goku, he loses handily. If this is freeza at full power in his final form, he 3-shots.
Frost is a joke to Frieza, Piccolo would get annihilated by First Form Frieza, yet he is able to put up a fight against Final Form Frost.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Are you sure Black can beat Hit so easily? Goku needed Kaioken x10 to fight Hit whereas he only needed a rage boost to start wrecking Black even though he was just stabbed and was on the verge of collapsing.
That was the initial SSJR Black though. After that beat down he powered up to Scimitar mode and then after a further beating he powered up even more to Scythe mode. We never saw the full capabilty of Black at his best what with fusing early on.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Bullza wrote:
Are you sure Black can beat Hit so easily? Goku needed Kaioken x10 to fight Hit whereas he only needed a rage boost to start wrecking Black even though he was just stabbed and was on the verge of collapsing.
That was the initial SSJR Black though. After that beat down he powered up to Scimitar mode and then after a further beating he powered up even more to Scythe mode. We never saw the full capabilty of Black at his best what with fusing early on.
I doubt his power increased all that much, even if he surpassed Vegeta at his max, Vegeta was still weaker than Goku, therefore Black is probably at the same level of strength as SSBlue Goku who was able to overpower Merged Zamasu.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:40 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
Frost is a joke to Frieza, Piccolo would get annihilated by First Form Frieza, yet he is able to put up a fight against Final Form Frost.
More like a heavily trained piccolo barely put up a fight against a weakened holding back frost.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:44 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: If this is freeza who fought goku, he loses handily. If this is freeza at full power in his final form, he 3-shots.
More like a heavily trained piccolo barely put up a fight against a weakened holding back frost.
Frost wasn't holding back, he straight up told Piccolo he doesn't have the strength left to kill him (accidentally), and there isn't even that much time between F and the tournament, Piccolo would have boosted his power maybe 10-15% max.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:47 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:There isn't even that much time between F and the tournament, Piccolo would have boosted his power maybe 10-15% max.
Not to mention he was training with Gohan, who likely wouldn't have boosted his strength much. So, you're probably right; 10%-15% tops, though I'd bet closer to 5%.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:There isn't even that much time between F and the tournament, Piccolo would have boosted his power maybe 10-15% max.
Not to mention he was training with Gohan, who likely wouldn't have boosted his strength much. So, you're probably right; 10%-15% tops, though I'd bet closer to 5%.
I was being generous. And Piccolo did not improve considerably in the 4 years from the Buu Arc to F, so he most likely can't achieve much in a far shorter period of time.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:59 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

Frost wasn't holding back, he straight up told Piccolo he doesn't have the strength left to kill him (accidentally), and there isn't even that much time between F and the tournament, Piccolo would have boosted his power maybe 10-15% max.
Frost told vegeta that he won't hold back any more. He was confident in beating SS vegeta, who he thought equal to goku. Too bad Vegeta wasn't holding back as much as goku was.
There are over 8 months gap between tounrament and RoF, and Piccolo might have gotten new motivations to train, and had a training partner.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:04 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: More like a heavily trained piccolo barely put up a fight against a weakened holding back frost.
Frost told vegeta that he won't hold back any more. He was confident in beating SS vegeta, who he thought equal to goku. Too bad Vegeta wasn't holding back as much as goku was.
There are over 8 months gap between tounrament and RoF, and Piccolo might have gotten new motivations to train, and had a training partner.
Frost probably got brain damaged if he thought he stood any chance against Vegeta, so that doesn't really mean anything. He was most likely just talking crap, if he truly had more power to put out he would have used it against Goku. Also, 8 months is quite short, after the Cell Arc they had 7 whole years yet their gains were not that significant.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:26 pm

A couple of versus battles:

Golden Freeza vs Future Zamasu (immortal)

Final Form Coola vs Android No. 19

Hatchiyack vs Dabra
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:A couple of versus battles:

Golden Freeza vs Future Zamasu (immortal)

Final Form Coola vs Android No. 19

Hatchiyack vs Dabra
- Future Zamasu wastes him even without immortality, he's capable of keeping up with non-rage boosted SSBlues.

- Cooler crushes 19, 19 is far below SSJ Goku whereas Cooler is probably around ~75-80% of SSJ Goku's strength.

- Dabra loses, he's weaker than Cell.

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:48 pm

Hypothetical Golden Freeza with 1 year of training vs. SSB Vegetto.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:12 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:Hypothetical Golden Freeza with 1 year of training vs. SSB Vegetto.
Current Goku alone destroys him easily, his Golden form was probably the peak of his potential, the only thing he could do from there was reduce its stamina drain. But assuming he has the same rate of improvement as before, he crushes even Beerus.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:26 am

At the 23rd Budokai, would either Tenshinhan or Krillin have been able to tank Yamcha's Sokidan?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:12 am

In Brightest Day wrote:At the 23rd Budokai, would either Tenshinhan or Krillin have been able to tank Yamcha's Sokidan?
I don't think Yamcha was quite that pathetic compared to the rest of the cast just yet, so no. But depending on your definition of tanking, I guess Tenshinhan could, but he definitely wouldn't walk away unscathed.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:15 am

In Brightest Day wrote:At the 23rd Budokai, would either Tenshinhan or Krillin have been able to tank Yamcha's Sokidan?
No, it would damage them if it hurt Kami even slightly.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:32 am

If they took a direct hit, I doubt that either one of them would die from a direct blow. At the same time, I don't think either of them would take it unscathed.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:50 am

Not tank. It would definitely damage them significantly