In or outside of the characters we all know, is there a member of a non-Godly race capable of subduing Beerus and Whis?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

In or outside of the characters we all know, is there a member of a non-Godly race capable of subduing Beerus and Whis?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Or could something else similar to an Alien or X-Parasite do the job?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: In or outside of the characters we all know, is there a member of a non-Godly race capable of subduing Beerus and Wh

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:27 pm

Maybe, and I do mean maybe, Garlic Jr. If we apply the current rules of immortality gifted from the Dragon Balls, he'd become an omnipresent, indestructible being as soon as Beerus destroys his body.
Retired.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: In or outside of the characters we all know, is there a member of a non-Godly race capable of subduing Beerus and Wh

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Maybe, and I do mean maybe, Garlic Jr. If we apply the current rules of immortality gifted from the Dragon Balls, he'd become an omnipresent, indestructible being as soon as Beerus destroys his body.
That's probably something only Zamasu can do being a God fused with a mortal. And we don't know if Beerus' technique would result in such a thing, perhaps he too possesses the ability to completely erase beings from existence like Zeno.

Also, they could very easily just dump him in a star or a black hole and be done with him.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:01 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Maybe, and I do mean maybe, Garlic Jr. If we apply the current rules of immortality gifted from the Dragon Balls, he'd become an omnipresent, indestructible being as soon as Beerus destroys his body.
That's probably something only Zamasu can do being a God fused with a mortal. And we don't know if Beerus' technique would result in such a thing, perhaps he too possesses the ability to completely erase beings from existence like Zeno.

Also, they could very easily just dump him in a star or a black hole and be done with him.
I reiterated maybe for a reason. Also, we don't know that the Earth's Shenlong can grant immortality to the same extent as Super Shenlong can.
Retired.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

I reiterated maybe for a reason. Also, we don't know that the Earth's Shenlong can grant immortality to the same extent as Super Shenlong can.
It certainly can't, Super Shenron is stated to possess no limitation whereas Earth's Shenron is the weakest dragon in the series. And even if he is truly immortal, there are still many ways to deal with him. Seal him away and throw the container into deep space and probably won't come back for at least a few billion years.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:40 am

Considering that the Grand Priest was said to be "among the five most powerful beings in existence" by Whis, there must be someone else out there in that range of power -- weaker than Zen'ou, Grand Priest, and the bodyguards but still in the "top 5," or stronger than the bodyguards but not Grand Priest, or the other way around depending on who's stronger between him and the bodyguards. (I'm assuming Whis himself and Vados are not in the "top 5" considering that Whis is the one talking about that being a big deal.) I figure whoever fills in the missing 5th spot there is probably a god, though, so they wouldn't count for this question.

If there's any unknown non-god character capable of beating Beerus or Whis, they'd have to be out there in one of the other universes we haven't seen much of. Probably not the 6th considering we saw their strongest fighters already, but that still leaves a lot of universes where some insanely powerful fighter might be hiding out.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:45 am

Pantalones wrote:Considering that the Grand Priest was said to be "among the five most powerful beings in existence" by Whis, there must be someone else out there in that range of power -- weaker than Zen'ou, Grand Priest, and the bodyguards but still in the "top 5," or stronger than the bodyguards but not Grand Priest, or the other way around depending on who's stronger between him and the bodyguards. (I'm assuming Whis himself and Vados are not in the "top 5" considering that Whis is the one talking about that being a big deal.) I figure whoever fills in the missing 5th spot there is probably a god, though, so they wouldn't count for this question.

If there's any unknown non-god character capable of beating Beerus or Whis, they'd have to be out there in one of the other universes we haven't seen much of. Probably not the 6th considering we saw their strongest fighters already, but that still leaves a lot of universes where some insanely powerful fighter might be hiding out.
Toyotaro's manga said that he was the strongest in the world, so we can't take either at face value. It's entirely possible that there are no (humans, mortals, whatever) as strong as an angel.
Retired.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:58 pm

I would assume the rest of Whis' "top five" to consist of other angels.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Literally all the cast can subdue Beerus and Whis. All it takes is serving them delicious food. Bulma's an expert at this point.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:I would assume the rest of Whis' "top five" to consist of other angels.

I agree. I think it's also possible he is mistaken in his comment. We have seen that the Gods are pretty oblivious to what goes on down on Earth and in general. Whis statement really should read "Top 5 That I Know Of". In Whis mind it's a justified statement because he can't imagine a being more powerful than an Angel but it could prove to be another example of godly ignorance.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:30 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Zillamon51 wrote:I would assume the rest of Whis' "top five" to consist of other angels.

I agree. I think it's also possible he is mistaken in his comment. We have seen that the Gods are pretty oblivious to what goes on down on Earth and in general. Whis statement really should read "Top 5 That I Know Of". In Whis mind it's a justified statement because he can't imagine a being more powerful than an Angel but it could prove to be another example of godly ignorance.
It's a pretty safe bet, there's no mortals that we know of that even come close to Beerus, yet alone the far more powerful angels.