What is the best fusion character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonball Black
Not-So-Newbie

What is the best fusion character?

Post by Dragonball Black » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:59 pm

So I've been obsessed with fusions lately. Either between the characters in the show, or between separate animes. And with the new Dragonball fusion game out, I wanted to see what you guys think is the best fusion character. Either one that exists or one that you have made up. Best
in either power, story or looks. I personally think that Frienemba would be an extremely powerful fusion character. With the crazyness and intelligence of both characters and including Freeza's golden form. He may be one of the most powerful characters. The weirdest ones I think are the combinations of father and son. Gokhan? Creepy.
We are the Villains of Dragonball, and we focus on news, leaks, reviews and most importantly discussion videos.
Lets look into the Darker Side of Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT and Dragonball Super.
Subscribe and Share this Channel and Become a Villain yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdYBVZ ... JmNcGdQJuQ
Dont Forget to Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AnimeFeuds
And Like my Dragonball Xenoverse 3 Page
https://www.facebook.com/Dragonball-Xen ... 441039984/

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: What is the best fusion character?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 am

Vegerot :wink: because the Viz Manga is my Funimation Dub.
Retired.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 am

I have quite the hard time picking a favorite, but I greatly admire Vegetto and Brapan. I should also mention that I think the Maxi Fusion is a great idea and has a nice design. I'll need to use that concept in my fanfic at some point.

Also, I feel you on the being obsessed with Fusion part, as I've been into it lately myself. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Souheil21

Post by Souheil21 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:27 am

buu + vegito: buugito?

that would be one hell of a fighter.

RedShift
Beyond Newbie

Post by RedShift » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:25 am

Vegito, hands down.

... Yeah, I'm still salty about the Potara "retcon".

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:04 am

Vegetto has always been viewed as the ultimate warrior. The two strongest guys, setting aside themselves and merging permanently into a new force, using powerful magic granted to them by the gods.

Gogeta is often seen as the inferior counterpart, a lesser fusion, almost incomplete. Vegetto is a brand new being, whereas Gogeta is simply more like Goku + Vegeta. The fusion dance is not meant to be permanent, and it's said to be weaker than potara anyway.

This makes Gogeta the underdog. So here's my headcanon: he's actually the superior warrior in the end. Vegetto has a fatal flaw, he is not actually the supreme being everyone thinks he is, because this fusion doesn't cancel out Goku and Vegeta's weaknesses. It exasperates them. Vegetto is simultaneously arrogant and soft, he foolishly lets his guard down and he thinks too much.

Gogeta is the one who actually, in a twist of fate, cancels out the flaws and makes the ultimate fighter. He's serious and straightforward like Vegeta (seen with his efficient destruction of Janemba) but still kindhearted like Goku (seen with his warm smile towards the ogre boy who he had rescued from Janemba's corruption). In the end, the relationship is similar to Goku's first encounter with Vegeta; Gogeta was destined to be weaker, but his personality allows him to surpass Vegetto's potential.

It is for this headcanon that Gogeta is my favorite fusion.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:07 am

"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

DonAce
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DonAce » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34 am

I am not going to get into a bunch of hypothetical fusions here because that's not something I really enjoy doing, but I adore Gotenks. I love his creative techniques, and his chemistry with Piccolo is really something special. This super powerful kid who is arrogant and loves to show off is just such a fun concept and watching him volleyball Boo with Piccolo makes me laugh every time.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:39 am

Vegetto is boss.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 am

nickzambuto wrote:He's serious and straightforward like Vegeta
GT would disagree :wink:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:46 am

I love them all but I like Gotenks the most.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Fusion is always cool and interesting to see..
But Gotenks is the best of them all..
His cocky smile and try hard moves always gets me..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

RedShift
Beyond Newbie

Post by RedShift » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Vegetto has always been viewed as the ultimateThis makes Gogeta the underdog. So here's my headcanon: he's actually the superior warrior in the end. Vegetto has a fatal flaw, he is not actually the supreme being everyone thinks he is, because this fusion doesn't cancel out Goku and Vegeta's weaknesses. It exasperates them. Vegetto is simultaneously arrogant and soft, he foolishly lets his guard down and he thinks too much.

Gogeta is the one who actually, in a twist of fate, cancels out the flaws and makes the ultimate fighter. He's serious and straightforward like Vegeta (seen with his efficient destruction of Janemba) but still kindhearted like Goku (seen with his warm smile towards the ogre boy who he had rescued from Janemba's corruption). In the end, the relationship is similar to Goku's first encounter with Vegeta; Gogeta was destined to be weaker, but his personality allows him to surpass Vegetto's potential.

... I guess this is why there's a thread on the very first page title "Head Cannon is DUMB". Vegito/Vegetto displays none of these attributes you've attributed to him in either of his appearances in the manga or anime. With the original fusion having no set time limit, Vegito intentionally toys with Buuhan to get absorbed so he can save his family. Later when he's told there IS a time limit ( :evil: ) he fights seriously against Zamasu but burns through whatever magic is powering the fusion too fast... Because plot and the writers having a massive hard-on for Trunks.

By contrast, Gogeta appears for 1:58 seconds against Janemba and kills him almost instantly. Ok, cool... Yet later in GT, when Goku & Vegeta KNOW there's a time limit to the Metamoran fusion dance AND that high levels of SSj reduce the time even further from the initial 30 minutes... Gogeta proceeds to **** around for almost ten minutes when they KNOW that theres no way in hell SS4 Goku/Vegeta have a chance in hell against Omega Shenron. They won't get a second chance to fuse, but waste 90% of that time anyways. By every piece of evidence in the manga & anime, Gogeta fits your own headcannon better than Vegito does. :problem:

Gogeta is an idiot in GT, and has zero screen time in movie 13. At least Vegito is consistent.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Vegetto. I mean, it's not even up for question.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Movie 12 Gogeta. That guy does not fuck around.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:39 am

RedShift wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Vegetto has always been viewed as the ultimateThis makes Gogeta the underdog. So here's my headcanon: he's actually the superior warrior in the end. Vegetto has a fatal flaw, he is not actually the supreme being everyone thinks he is, because this fusion doesn't cancel out Goku and Vegeta's weaknesses. It exasperates them. Vegetto is simultaneously arrogant and soft, he foolishly lets his guard down and he thinks too much.

... I guess this is why there's a thread on the very first page title "Head Cannon is DUMB". Vegito/Vegetto displays none of these attributes you've attributed to him in either of his appearances in the manga or anime. With the original fusion having no set time limit, Vegito intentionally toys with Buuhan to get absorbed so he can save his family. Later when he's told there IS a time limit ( :evil: ) he fights seriously against Zamasu but burns through whatever magic is powering the fusion too fast... Because plot and the writers having a massive hard-on for Trunks.

By contrast, Gogeta appears for 1:58 seconds against Janemba and kills him almost instantly. Ok, cool... Yet later in GT, when Goku & Vegeta KNOW there's a time limit to the Metamoran fusion dance AND that high levels of SSj reduce the time even further from the initial 30 minutes... Gogeta proceeds to **** around for almost ten minutes when they KNOW that theres no way in hell SS4 Goku/Vegeta have a chance in hell against Omega Shenron. They won't get a second chance to fuse, but waste 90% of that time anyways. By every piece of evidence in the manga & anime, Gogeta fits your own headcannon better than Vegito does. :problem:

Gogeta is an idiot in GT, and has zero screen time in movie 13. At least Vegito is consistent.
I'm not current with Super. I stopped watching in the middle of Goku's fight with Beerus so I could let episodes build up while rewatching the series in Japanese in order to get used to those voices. I was going to say that even if Vegetto wanted to be absorbed by Boo, that doesn't mean his entire personality that we saw was all an act. Ever hear of Occam's Razor? The answer with the fewest possible assumptions is the most likely to be correct. The only thing we saw of Vegetto's personality was him being arrogant and self-absorbed, therefore it's most logical conclude that he's really arrogant and self-absorbed.

Now if what you're saying about Super is true, that would change things. Although, having not seen the episode, I feel like the fact that Vegetto still apparently failed to destroy Zamasu in time is something you're not taking into account. Maybe he thinks too much and/or let's his guard down. Unlike Gogeta.

And nobody cares about GT. Correct me if I'm wrong but was Gogeta ever even referred to as "Gogeta" in GT? It's possible Tori doesn't think of different fusion methods creating different results the way we do, and since Vegetto was the fusion with the most screentime, they just based "Gogeta's" personality off that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Future Gohanks. The result of two of the most saddest and loneliest warriors. His design is awesome too.

I also like Barotto, Gotenks, Gogeta and Vegetto.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:29 am

Merged Zamasu, hands down
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Twinbee_Mk_II
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Twinbee_Mk_II » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:48 am

RedShift wrote:

Ok I'm gonna set the record straight to all the naysayers towards GT Gogeta. It's clear none of you have watched anything other than clips of this fight, because everyone always gets things wrong. Allow me to put the matter to rest.

If you watch the battle closely, Gogeta outright explains why he was goofing off in the fight. Per his own words, he was purposefully egging the dragon on to make him fire off his minus energy ball attack, so that he could deflect it with his own attack, changing the minus energy into plus energy, so that it could destroy the evil barrier around earth that was slowly killing everything. He tells the viewers this himself, and immediately after the barrier is gone, he drops the silly act, gets serious, and immediately sets about trying to kill the dragon. His personality is just like it was in movie 12. he was only putting on an act, much like Vegetto did against Buu. Again this is all immediately apparent to anyone who has actually watched GT.

Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy, but listening to people repeat and spread the same false information for 20 years tends to build up some nerdrage. So I just needed to get that out there.
"Ah power...the only thing in life greater then toast."

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:29 am

Except that doesn't really make much sense, because Gogeta couldn't possibly know the dragon had such an attack to begin with before he actually used it.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.