Kanzenshuu members' favorite arcs!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs!

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:59 pm

1- Saiyan Saga
2- Piccolo Daimao saga
3- 23rd BT Tournament saga
4- Red Ribbon army saga
5- Frieza saga
Last edited by Hyena_Yamcha on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My English is poor .

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:1- Saiyan Saga
2- Piccolo Daimao saga
3- 23rd BT Tournament saga
4- Red Ribbon army saga
5- Namek Saga (not Frieza saga)
I really hate enforcing rules in a thread, but you gotta pick either the whole saga or a different one.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:25 pm

1. Saiyan Arc
2. 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai Arc
3. Freeza Arc
4. Zamasu Arc
5. Piccolo Daimao Arc
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Cipher wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:(But why do you put a "y" in "Saia" ? I'm not mad, just confused :lol: )
It's present in Japanese (the second character is "ya";
it's a rearrangement of "yasai," the word for vegetable) and every official international adaptation I'm aware of. Are there versions that just go with "Saia(n)" instead?
I was making fun of the speedy dub. I'm honestly not sure what they go with.
Speedy's title for movie 4 was "Super Saiya People, Goku":

http://tuah.com/vcdcd/images/dbzsupersaiya.jpg
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:28 am

Thouser wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Cipher wrote: It's present in Japanese (the second character is "ya";
it's a rearrangement of "yasai," the word for vegetable) and every official international adaptation I'm aware of. Are there versions that just go with "Saia(n)" instead?
I was making fun of the speedy dub. I'm honestly not sure what they go with.
Speedy's title for movie 4 was "Super Saiya People, Goku":

http://tuah.com/vcdcd/images/dbzsupersaiya.jpg
Makes sense.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:47 am

Mine are listed over here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36528

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:12 am

1. The Saiyan Arc
2. The Red Ribbon Army Arc
3. The 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai Arc
4. The Piccolo Daimao Arc
5. The Freeza Arc
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:31 am

The deadline is the same day my suspension from GameFaQs is lifted.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:51 pm

I'll take on a few arbitrary groups with a simple reason.

0. Tenshinhan tournament into Piccolo Daimao - Tenshinhan's journey.
1. Piccolo Jr. tournament into Saiya-jins - Piccolo's development.
2. Cell games into Great Saiyaman and Babidi - Gohan's rise and fall.
3. Majin Boo and Fusion into the end of Dragon Ball - A passing of the torch.
4. Battle of Gods and their training into Resurrection of F - A new realm of power.
5. Universe 6 tournament into Copy Vegeta - The expanded roster and abilities.
6. Emperor Pilaf into Kame-senin's training and tournament - The series' introduction.
7. Red Ribbon Army into Fortuneteller Baba and Goku's training - A long development.
8. The aritificial humans into Cell becoming perfect - The timelines' introduction.
9. Trunks and Goku Black into Zeno and Zamasu - A mystery across time and space.
A. Namek into Freeza and his death by Future Trunks - Development of the alien races.
B. Black Star Dragon Balls into Super Baby - The adventure in space and exotic settings.
C. The Shadow Dragons into the end of GT - A nostalgic departure and mystic development.
D. Hell on Earth into Super Android 17 - The characters' closure and cameos from the studio.
E. Tarble into Abo and Kado - Harmless midquel with good animation and no connection.
F. Episode of Bardock - Another look at Goku's father and the legend that he helped build.

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by PrinceVegetto » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:23 pm

My Top 5:
5. Bebi arc
4. Freeza arc
3. Zamazu/ Future Trunks arc.
2. Cell/Androids arc
& my favorite
1. Majin Buu arc

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Desassina wrote:I'll take on a few arbitrary groups with a simple reason.

0. Tenshinhan tournament into Piccolo Daimao - Tenshinhan's journey.
1. Piccolo Jr. tournament into Saiya-jins - Piccolo's development.
2. Cell games into Great Saiyaman and Babidi - Gohan's rise and fall.
3. Majin Boo and Fusion into the end of Dragon Ball - A passing of the torch.
4. Battle of Gods and their training into Resurrection of F - A new realm of power.
5. Universe 6 tournament into Copy Vegeta - The expanded roster and abilities.
6. Emperor Pilaf into Kame-senin's training and tournament - The series' introduction.
7. Red Ribbon Army into Fortuneteller Baba and Goku's training - A long development.
8. The aritificial humans into Cell becoming perfect - The timelines' introduction.
9. Trunks and Goku Black into Zeno and Zamasu - A mystery across time and space.
A. Namek into Freeza and his death by Future Trunks - Development of the alien races.
B. Black Star Dragon Balls into Super Baby - The adventure in space and exotic settings.
C. The Shadow Dragons into the end of GT - A nostalgic departure and mystic development.
D. Hell on Earth into Super Android 17 - The characters' closure and cameos from the studio.
E. Tarble into Abo and Kado - Harmless midquel with good animation and no connection.
F. Episode of Bardock - Another look at Goku's father and the legend that he helped build.
I am highly confuse on how to take into accounts of these votes.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:27 pm

1. Buu arc
2. Freeza arc
3. Zamasu/Goku Black arc
4. Android/Cell arc
5. Saiyan arc

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:26 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:I am highly confuse on how to take into accounts of these votes.
Don't take them, I just felt like sharing ;)

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 am

Surprised there are folks who put the Buu arc at the top of their lists. :shock:

Anyway

1. Cell Games Arc
2. Imperfect Cell Arc
3. King Piccolo
4. Saiyan
5. Future Trunks Saga (second half)
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:13 am

EXBadguy wrote:Surprised there are folks who put the Buu arc at the top of their lists. :shock:

Anyway

1. Cell Games Arc
2. Imperfect Cell Arc
3. King Piccolo
4. Saiyan
Again, I really, really hate enforcing rules in a thread, but either pick the entire Cell saga and a another one or I'll count your votes as, Cell, King Piccolo, Saiyan and Future Trunks.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:Surprised there are folks who put the Buu arc at the top of their lists. :shock:

Anyway

1. Cell Games Arc
2. Imperfect Cell Arc
3. King Piccolo
4. Saiyan
Again, I really, really hate enforcing rules in a thread, but either pick the entire Cell saga and a another one or I'll count your votes as, Cell, King Piccolo, Saiyan and Future Trunks.
Yeah, I apologize for not reading correctly, it was early in the morning while I saw this. Anyway, I've redone mine.

1. Cell Saga
2. King Piccolo
3. Saiyan Saga
4. Future Trunks Saga
5. Baby Saga
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Akyon
Regular

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs! Please read the original post!

Post by Akyon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:32 am

1. Saiyan
Specifically when Nappa and Vegeta arrive. Last time characters like Chiaoutzu and Yajirobe get involved in battle, Piccolo's character arc, last time we see the great ape transformations, and the humans get a few brief moments to shine before being put out of commission.

2. Namek
Krillin doing his best Solid Snake impersonation, The Ginyu Force, watching Vegeta get the smug kicked out of him by Zarbon and then Recoome, Frieza's forces were just a bunch of fun quirky henchmen and some of the best in the series.

3. Zamasu
Zamasu is tenacious, and somewhat unique in that he thinks he's doing the universe a favour. Trunks manages to get a few moments where he looks very impressive, and I liked the idea of an immortal opponent used to maximum effect.

4. 22nd Budokai
Some of the best battles in the series. Highlight is obviously Goku Vs. Krillin, but we also get introduced to Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu, the Crane vs. Turtle School rivalry, Krillin and Yamcha first showcase the ability to manipulate ki here, etc and it's Roshi's last fighting role...until RoF anyway.

5. 21st Budokai
Bias as hell; but this is where we meet my favourite character in Krillin, and watching him and Goku become friends and grow stronger was a big highlight of the entire series for me. The tournament itself had a few excellent fights; Goku vs. Namu and all three of the eventual Turtle School pupils vs. the mysterious Jackie Chun.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Alright, considering the fact that I'm done puking my heart out, and that voting is almost over, I'm doing my list.
1. Saiyan saga.
2. 22nd tournament (That ending is fine Doctor.)
3. Goku saga.
4. Boo arc.
5. Freeza saga.
Tomorrow, we look at the arc's that got no votes.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Thankfully, I can do mine without giving away anything in Dragon Ball Dissection!

1. Red Ribbon Army: Best adventure in the series. The world is at its most interesting, providing a veritable smorgasbord of fun places and things to do. Manages to weave together comedy, action, drama, battles to save the world, and even a tournament. Goku also really comes into his own, and despite the fact that it's often touted as the most Goku-centric arc, a lot of the other characters have fine moments too.

2. Saiyan: Best fighting in the series. The final series of fights, especially, create a feeling of dread not found anywhere else in Dragon Ball. While Goku is absent for a large part of it, he still feels relevant, and both Raditz and Vegeta serve as thematically appropriate villains for him.

3. 22nd Budoukai: Best tournament in the series (although sometimes I could go for 21st). There's a palpable sense of growth here, the first time such a feeling is explored in DB. It turned what could have been a stale rehash into a fun reunion. The themes of growth and passing the torch are handled well, and nearly all of the battles are just very fun.

4. The Hunt for the Dragon Balls: A whole lot of fun. There's no excess baggage, nothing that doesn't need to be there, nothing that isn't perfectly tied up. There's a great mix of action and comedy. There are a wider variety of problems to be solved and challenges to overcome than any other point in Dragon Ball. And as such, there is a better ensemble of characters with a wide variety of skills and personalities than any other point in the series.

5. 21st Budoukai: For an event that really has no stakes, this is surprisingly engaging. If the main narrative message of the series is to better yourself, then this arc is the best example of that. It has the best training and the best feeling of progressing through the fights. There's a wider variety of opponents, since this is before the cast became overcrowded, and that lends itself to the somewhat unique situation of a minor throwaway character having his own subplot, which is very refreshing.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:45 pm

1. Boo Arc
2. Cell Arc
3. Champa Arc
4.23rd Tenkaichi Budokai Arc
5. Freeza Arc
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"