Anime Contradiction

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Anime Contradiction

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 am

I just noticed an odd thing about the character "Appule" and how there's a contradiction in the Anime's own interpritation. Now then, if you're not full farmiliar with the Manga and Anime's 2 different interpritations of this character's involvement. Click Here to read EX's review of him in the character guide.

Now then, as we know the person in the Anime who discovers the village that Vegeta destroyed was that Yellow guy who looks similar to Appule. However, when Zarbon and the subordinate first split up to search the planet for the DragonBalls. The person who he splits up with is clearly Appule, it's a purple guy. So what's the deal, is there some explaination that I missed somewhere? Or did the Anime simply screw up?
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed May 16, 2007 7:09 am

I think it's fairly safe to assume the anime botched it up. It's certainly not the first and only time they made such a clear mistake. Let's not forget Kuririn's sudden wardrobe change for one shot during Freeza and Vegeta's fight as another example.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed May 16, 2007 10:35 am

Yeah, Appule is a mess.
There's a thread detailing his role in both the anime and manga here:
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=663

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed May 16, 2007 10:55 am

Also remember, Frieza took more henchmen with him in the anime than he did in the manga. It may have been one of the other survivors went off and searched as well though he left offscreen.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed May 16, 2007 11:19 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Let's not forget Kuririn's sudden wardrobe change for one shot during Freeza and Vegeta's fight as another example.
He used the same type of watch Bulma gave Gohan when he wanted to transform into Great Saiyaman. This is told in Daizenshuu no. 3 page 26.
This is also confirmed by the creator of Dragonball: Chris Sabat.
It is also stated in Daizenshuu no. 6 that Krillin is a pimp and that Hercule is actually LSJ (Legendary Saiya-jin) Nappa.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed May 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Godo wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:Let's not forget Kuririn's sudden wardrobe change for one shot during Freeza and Vegeta's fight as another example.
He used the same type of watch Bulma gave Gohan when he wanted to transform into Great Saiyaman. This is told in Daizenshuu no. 3 page 26.
It is also stated in Daizenshuu no. 6 that Krillin is a pimp and that Mr. Satan is actually LSJ (Legendary Saiya-jin) Nappa.
I think I got a little lost there, did you say Chris Sabat created Dragonball? :?

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Wed May 16, 2007 12:44 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:I think I got a little lost there, did you say Chris Sabat created Dragonball? :?
He was joking.
(yeah, I know...)

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Godo wrote:
It is also stated in Daizenshuu no. 6 that Krillin is a pimp and that Mr. Satan is actually LSJ (Legendary Saiya-jin) Nappa.
I think I got a little lost there, did you say Chris Sabat created Dragonball? :?
Just having a little fun... *sigh* :)

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Thu May 17, 2007 2:59 am

This filler doesn't make sense because it's the purple guy that was ordered by Zarbon to go the village. Then it's weird that the yellow guy did instead in the anime.