Can Beerus "Hakai" Whis and Champa ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Can Beerus "Hakai" Whis and Champa ?

Post by DSB » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:58 am

Is it even possible ???

I know Champa can "Hakai" too , as he is Hakaishin as well , but can a Hakaishin do it to another Hakaishin ?

Souheil21

Re: Can Beerus "Hakai" Whis and Champa ?

Post by Souheil21 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:45 am

i suspect he can't do it to someone who is equal/stronger to him (AKA whis), plus it was probably whis who taught him that. as for champa,it is stated in the Super Anime( I'm not sure if in the manga too since i never read it) that Beerus is stronger then champa, so he could probably do it to him.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 am

As things currently stand, probably not. Whis specifically keeps Beerus in line. It would be odd if he couldn't account for that. Otherwise, Hakaishin rebellion would be an eventuality across the universes. Beerus has exchanged blows with Champa in the past. I don't think he would attempt that technique on his brother. But if he did, their closeness in strength would likely prevent it, I think.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 am

Souheil21 wrote:i suspect he can't do it to someone who is equal/stronger to him (AKA whis), plus it was probably whis who taught him that. as for champa,it is stated in the Super Anime( I'm not sure if in the manga too since i never read it) that Beerus is stronger then champa, so he could probably do it to him.
I dont agree that Whis TAUGHT beerus that . Maybe Hakaishins have some innate abilities [Extreme Strength , Powers like Hakai and all] . Maybe they learn everything else

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Nejishiki wrote:As things currently stand, probably not. Whis specifically keeps Beerus in line. It would be odd if he couldn't account for that. Otherwise, Hakaishin rebellion would be an eventuality across the universes. Beerus has exchanged blows with Champa in the past. I don't think he would attempt that technique on his brother. But if he did, their closeness in strength would likely prevent it, I think.
You're probably right but they'res one other possibility. Maybe he can only destroy things that originate from u7? That would make Whis, angels, and other God of destructions immune.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:04 pm

The "Hakai" attack is probably just some incredibly showy technique that either Beerus created, or one that all Hakaishin know. I make it out to be something like Fusion Reborn Gogeta's "Soul Punisher".

Although Whis does say something along the lines of "Ghost or not, there is nothing Lord Beerus can't destroy", can someone give me an accurate translation?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm

All we know is that it can one-shot a Kaio who was weaker than SSJ2 Goku, and (if it was even the same technique) it can kill ghosts. I don't see it working against anyone on a similar level to the user. It could be a deal like Reiatsu crush from Bleach, when it's extremely effective on people weaker than you, but otherwise not all that useful.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:21 pm

I've always figured that Beerus' "Hakai" is one of those "it can only harm those weaker than me" kind of techniques.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I've always figured that Beerus' "Hakai" is one of those "it can only harm those weaker than me" kind of techniques.
Kinda like when Freeza killed krillin and when Vegeta killed Cui.
Hi

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:16 pm

kinisking wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:As things currently stand, probably not. Whis specifically keeps Beerus in line. It would be odd if he couldn't account for that. Otherwise, Hakaishin rebellion would be an eventuality across the universes. Beerus has exchanged blows with Champa in the past. I don't think he would attempt that technique on his brother. But if he did, their closeness in strength would likely prevent it, I think.
You're probably right but they'res one other possibility. Maybe he can only destroy things that originate from u7? That would make Whis, angels, and other God of destructions immune.
Don't think Zamasu is from U7.

Though if it is a special technique that ignores strength that would seem like a good limit to have on the technique.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:28 pm

dario03 wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Don't think Zamasu is from U7.

Though if it is a special technique that ignores strength that would seem like a good limit to have on the technique.
Agh! Good catch. Completely forgot about that! Oh well haha.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:56 am

DBZ Macky wrote:Although Whis does say something along the lines of "Ghost or not, there is nothing Lord Beerus can't destroy", can someone give me an accurate translation?
The translation is accurate. Trunks and Senbei were unable to affect Mashirito because he was a ghost. Beerus immediately bypassed that conundrum. It took a Hakaishin's strength to destroy him. That's the entire context of the scene. I doubt it's supposed to relate to "soul clouds" and afterlife bodies.

Souheil21

Post by Souheil21 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 am

DSB wrote:
Souheil21 wrote:i suspect he can't do it to someone who is equal/stronger to him (AKA whis), plus it was probably whis who taught him that. as for champa,it is stated in the Super Anime( I'm not sure if in the manga too since i never read it) that Beerus is stronger then champa, so he could probably do it to him.
I dont agree that Whis TAUGHT beerus that . Maybe Hakaishins have some innate abilities [Extreme Strength , Powers like Hakai and all] . Maybe they learn everything else
your probably right, but i still think it wouldn't work on whis, because whis keeps beerus under control and stops him from destroying everything

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Souheil21 wrote:
DSB wrote:
your probably right, but i still think it wouldn't work on whis, because whis keeps beerus under control and stops him from destroying everything
Maybe it could work on him, but only if he was somehow unable or unwilling to defend himself.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Didn't Whis say something about "not daring to wake Beerus up" or something like that?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 am

It's kinda strange people are speculating over an attack we don't know anything about. I always took it he just disintegrated because he was a lot stronger.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:23 pm

And then in the manga, we'll learn that Beerus actually vaporizes Zamasu with a simple Ki blast. And that the "Hakai" technique was just an anime only thing.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Kepiaschkz wrote:And then in the manga, we'll learn that Beerus actually vaporizes Zamasu with a simple Ki blast. And that the "Hakai" technique was just an anime only thing.
This really happened in the manga ?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:55 pm

DSB wrote:
Kepiaschkz wrote:And then in the manga, we'll learn that Beerus actually vaporizes Zamasu with a simple Ki blast. And that the "Hakai" technique was just an anime only thing.
This really happened in the manga ?
He's speculating. Beerus hasn't met Zamasu in the manga continuity, at the time of this writing.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Didn't Whis say something about "not daring to wake Beerus up" or something like that?
Probably in the same way that a babysitter wouldn't dare to wake up a tantrum-prone toddler who finally passed out. :P