Kanzenshuu members' favorite arcs!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs! Arc's #10-6!

Post by Doctor. » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:12 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:with the most character development,
I don't know how, when the 21st (which includes Goku and Kuririn's training) had Goku, Kuririn, Roshi, Nam and even Yamcha to an extent developing as characters. The 22nd had Roshi (whose development wasn't even completed in that arc, but the Daimao and 23rd tournament instead) and Tenshinhan (same as Roshi). The 23rd then showcased how everyone grew up, Tao and Tenshinhan severing their bond for good, Kuririn's maturity and Goku's improvement, among other subtle changes to the other characters.
the best fights,
Are we completely ignoring the fact that Piccolo Jr. vs Goku exists or something?
and best atmosphere is considered the worst.
Best atmosphere in what way? The 21st was a friendly tournament and the 23rd was a battle to save Earth. The 22nd was something in the middle and it didn't seem to decide what it really wanted to be. It feels like the most pointless of the 3, you could easily cram Tenshinhan (or just scrap the character entirely) into another arc and nothing would be lost.

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:37 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
MajinMan wrote:The 22nd tournament is my second favorite arc, so I'm happy to see it get some love. I think there was a miscount in the rankings because there are only 4 arcs left, but the rankings stopped at #6. Unless I'm mistaken of course.
The 3 way tie fucked me up. It's fixed now.
The numbers are still wrong. Now we have 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, and 5.
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Thouser wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
MajinMan wrote:The 22nd tournament is my second favorite arc, so I'm happy to see it get some love. I think there was a miscount in the rankings because there are only 4 arcs left, but the rankings stopped at #6. Unless I'm mistaken of course.
The 3 way tie fucked me up. It's fixed now.
The numbers are still wrong. Now we have 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, and 5.
That fucking tie.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

sintzu
Banned

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs! Arc's #10-5!

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 am

I can't believe the Buu arc made it into the top 5.

It's great to see it get the recognition it deserves.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:04 pm

sintzu wrote:I can't believe the Buu arc made it into the top 5.

It's great to see it get the recognition it deserves.
The Majin Boo arc is so greatly underappreciated. It has the strongest character development out of all the arcs in the original story, the best comedy, fantastic fights, the anime adaption of the arc is brilliant and filler is pretty damn good.

It's awesome. :thumbup: :P

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Darn, I completely missed this!

Ignoring GT because I saw it years ago and barely remember it, I'm surprised with the results so far in part.
I'm shocked that the Red Ribbon Arc was placed so low. The arc has almost everything! It's the best adventure arc in the Dragon Ball by far (not that hard :P ), it hits the emotional notes - Grandpa Gohan reunion and Bora's death -, it has the most diverse set of enemies in a arc and significantly expands the World with the Karin Tower and Baba.
It's really, really good! I guess it's just me.

The low placement of the Champa Arc when compared to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai and the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai is weird to me. All these tournaments in my opinion belong in the same tier. This shows a phenomenon to me, either bias because the arc is recent and the whole easy discredit of Super or the arc hasn't had the time the others had to ferment with the fans.

Just to participate a little my favourite arc is the Namek Arc and the least favourite is the RoF Arc. Looking at how those GT arcs placed even lower than RoF makes me scared of my eventual re-watch of GT. :?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Kanzenshuu members' favorite arcs! Finale !

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:32 pm

The 23rd Tournament (50 points)
The Freeza arc (56 points)
The Boo arc (79 points*)
The Saiyan arc! (97)
*The numbers are sightly off, I think it was more around 75.
Also, because this did pretty well, should I do another one ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kanzenshuu members' favorite arcs!

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 pm

YES!!!

The Majin Boo ranked second. I'm even more staggered it managed to beat out the Freeza arc. :clap:

I have no issue at all with the Saiyan arc ranking first, it's a great arc from start to finish.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:11 pm

So my Top 3 managed to be in the Top 3. Nice. 8)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Yes!!!

THE SAIYAN SAGA WON!!!! IT WON IT WON IT WON IT WON IT WON!!!!!!

That fucking saga is so slept on.... I love you guys.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Well, at least the Saiyan arc won but I can't agree with Boo being number 2. At least the Android arc isn't on here.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:34 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Well, at least the Saiyan arc won but I can't agree with Boo being number 2. At least the Android arc isn't on here.
Same. I was hoping the Freeza arc would be second but I'll take Saiyan for number one anyways. Atleast the FT arc isn't in the top 5. Almost, but not quite :twisted:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Well, at least the Saiyan arc won but I can't agree with Boo being number 2. At least the Android arc isn't on here.
Same. I was hoping the Freeza arc would be second but I'll take Saiyan for number one anyways. Atleast the FT arc isn't in the top 5. Almost, but not quite :twisted:
My shaky faith in man kind remains in tact ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:YES!!!

The Majin Boo ranked second. I'm even more staggered it managed to beat out the Freeza arc. :clap:
I am as well, I though it was going to be #4-5 but WOW, it was #2, surpassing both fan favorites Freeza and Piccolo. 8)

I guess we can now say that the Buu arc is a fan favorite. :clap:

The Saiyan arc introduced my favorite anime character so I don't mind it being #1. :mrgreen:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Saiyan arc winning warms my heart. Best arc is best. By a large margin too!

Shocked Frieza lost to Buu though. Very surprised by that.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 pm

I'm actually surprised Buu got that high considering there are quite a few complaints against it. It's my favorite so I approve. Same with the Saiyan saga being number 1. It so hard to find fault with that part of the story. It's damn near perfect.

Really fun list.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Akyon wrote:Saiyan arc winning warms my heart. Best arc is best. By a large margin too!

Can anyone who loves the saiyan arc so much explain why? It was great, but it was so short that I'm surprised.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:02 pm

I was expecting Freeza to win, but Saiyan isn't a bad alternative. As others have touched on, it's a great arc from start to finish. I'd love to see more of these games. What will be next? Characters? Villains? Video games?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:05 pm

kinisking wrote:
Akyon wrote:Saiyan arc winning warms my heart. Best arc is best. By a large margin too!

Can anyone who loves the saiyan arc so much explain why? It was great, but it was so short that I'm surprised.
Best fight scenes, no writing hiccups, feels the most like OG Dragon Ball, Saiyan lore, the introduction of Vegeta, and great character development (for Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I was expecting Freeza to win, but Saiyan isn't a bad alternative. As others have touched on, it's a great arc from start to finish. I'd love to see more of these games. What will be next? Characters? Villains? Video games?
I'm (probably) going to Chicago for the weekend, so I'll probably do one on Monday. I might do, Movies, Characters, or Villains, I'm not sure, but I want to finish it on Christmas.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸