What would super have to do to make you hate it intensely

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Re: What would super have to do to make you hate it intensely

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:59 am

Yeah, it just needs to keep doing what it's been doing. I already hate it.
Trunks & Goten forever

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:04 am

Hmmm i dont hate it but i really really dont like the show.

With you know...poor writing, bad characters, retconing and fan service, but in order for me to hate it is if the show starts changing the original lore more with more silly saiyan transformations. Its already done some of it with the super dragonballs and super saiyan blue but if any more things happen to completely undermine the original DB or DBZ stories then yes ill hate the show.

I'm not sure if episode of bardock is canon or not but if the show awknowledges the OVA then i'll lose all hope in new DB material.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:10 am

I don't like the idea that fan-service or retcons are necessarily bad things. Fan-service especially is the least of my problems with DBS, and it's not even as prevalent as people like to say.
Shinsa wrote:I'm not sure if episode of bardock is canon or not but if the show awknowledges the OVA then i'll lose all hope in new DB material.
Canon, as most people use the word, is entirely subjective. Whether or not its existence means anything is entirely up to you. Either way, with the direction the Xenoverse has taken with Bardock, I doubt Super would even go there. Not unless they're going for a direct tie-in with the Time Breaker Universe.
Retired.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:03 am

Any one of these would be enough:
  • Never moving past EoZ
  • Forgetting to put in Bulla
  • Never letting Goku and Vegeta surpass Beerus, instead continually retconning his power upwards
  • Bardock shows up
All of these except the last one fit with complaints about Super that pop up all the time. The third one in particular causes plenty of debate since people strongly disagree on whether or not Blue Vegito surpassed Beerus. (Do not start the debate here!) So I think failing to deliver on them would not only make me hate Super, but many other people as well.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:15 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:1. If Gohan gets a power up and becomes the strongest instead of other characters who deserve it

2. If Vegeta beats a main Villain

3. If Piccolo never gets a big 1 vs 1 big fight like against Android 17

4. Universe 7 only has Goku and Vegeta representing them in the 12 universe tournament which means 2 participants per universe.

5 if the earthlings literally do nothing.
1- If you're still watching after Trunks' power ups then I doubt you'll go anywhere if Gohan gets one (hopefully it'll make sense if he does).

2- He "killed" Super Buu when he pulled Fat Buu out of him.

3- That's what his fight against Frost should've been like.

4- That's probably what will happen and if there's someone else it'll be Trunks with another random power up.

5- They won't.
1. Trunks went back to the future so that is alright. However, Gohan will be there all the time and I will not like that one bit, as he is the least deserving fighter.

2. Does not count

3. Yes and this is when he should have got a power up because Whis trained him for the tournament. Why would Beerus want Whis to train only two members of his team instead of 5?

4. I do think it will not be 2 per universe under any circumstances but maybe 5 if it is set after the EOZ with Uub as the 5th fighter or 3 consisting of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo if it is set before.

5. Surely one of them will at least do 1 thing throughout the series.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:01 am

Freeza9000 wrote:Having Broly or Bardock come into the show, having Freeza show up for the 100867th time, Super Saiyan Rainbow, having Gohan achieve Super Saiyan Rose, Goku killing his family and becoming Goku Black himself, Gohan Black, AND SEEING MONAKA AGAIN!!!
Woah, that would not only make me hate, but i would go mad.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:38 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I don't like the idea that fan-service or retcons are necessarily bad things. Fan-service especially is the least of my problems with DBS, and it's not even as prevalent as people like to say.
Shinsa wrote:I'm not sure if episode of bardock is canon or not but if the show awknowledges the OVA then i'll lose all hope in new DB material.
Canon, as most people use the word, is entirely subjective. Whether or not its existence means anything is entirely up to you. Either way, with the direction the Xenoverse has taken with Bardock, I doubt Super would even go there. Not unless they're going for a direct tie-in with the Time Breaker Universe.

You're right about Canon but i would like to beleive that the writers are much more organized and confident with what they want to be and what is not offical. Even though i think super is awful i still consider it canon as i thought it was stated to be, i could be wrong.

Also about fan service and and retconing.....yes fan service isnt bad but when done right. As for super it hasnt been doing that. Ie vegito, future trucks, Freeza's return, etc.

I cant agree with retcon because it shows that the writers are just very uncreative and need to break there own original rules of the lore/universe to shoe horn in a new plot. Ie super saiyan God and Vegito ear rings.

Lol but like you said, Super has many more problems then fan service and retconing. That i agree with.
Last edited by Shinsa on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:45 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: :roll: I wasn't being serious.
We don't mind a bit of fun on the forum, but try to keep it good-natured, please.

Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:49 am

Ajay wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: :roll: I wasn't being serious.
We don't mind a bit of fun on the forum, but try to keep it good-natured, please.

Thanks!
Yeah, I was in a really bad mood yesterday. SorryBaggie Saiyan.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Bring back Broly.

Have Goku surpass Zeno.

Make Beerus a relative weakling compared to Goku and Vegeta.

Bring back Freeza again.

Kill off Gohan

Overuse Whis' time rewind and the Super Dragonballs to fix every problem.

Bring back Zamasu as a villain again.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:53 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Trunks went back to the future so that is alright.

Does not count

Why would Beerus want Whis to train only two members of his team instead of 5?

I do think it will not be 2 per universe under any circumstances.

Surely one of them will at least do 1 thing throughout the series.
He'll be back unless the show ends soon.

Come on, you have to give him credit for that at least.

Because he knew Toriyama wasn't going to let them fight much. :lol:

There are 12 universes so anymore than 2 will make it very long and that's assuming it'll be 2 and not 1.

If Piccolo and Gohan aren't doing anything then they have less than 0 of a chance of doing anything.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:If Vegeta gets a big kill or Gohan becomes MC again. The former I can live with I suppose but the latter nuh uh.
If vegeta's kill made sense in the context of the story, would you still hate it? Like if the villian was tied to him more so than any other character.
If Gohan gets a power up and becomes the strongest instead of other characters who deserve it
I'd argue Gohan deserves power more than anyone else out of the mainstay cast. He's the only one who does it for selfless reasons, and any minute training would be much harsher on him than someone who actually enjoys fighting. Unless he get some BS power up like Piccolo's absorptions... :P
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:49 pm

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:If Vegeta gets a big kill or Gohan becomes MC again. The former I can live with I suppose but the latter nuh uh.
If vegeta's kill made sense in the context of the story, would you still hate it? Like if the villian was tied to him more so than any other character.
Sure as long as he earns it and not like Freeza thing where's he's put in that position by circumstance happened to have SSGSS too and Freeza happened to have wasted all his stamina (luckily Toriyama still didn't give it to him). As contrived as Trunks "kill" was I can't deny he didn't deserve/earn it.

Funnily enough the only situation I feel he deserved the kill was Buu I dislike Vegeta getting the SSGSS form undeservedly but Goku just shows up with SS3 out of nowhere in that arc was somehow worse, fortunately it didn't really amount to anything but still.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Bringing up power levels (the numbers) into the mix once again.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:08 pm

To answer:
Humiliate Gohan needlessly again and again.
Have every episode animated like 24.
Retcon half saiyan potential.
Staying a Goku and Vegeta only show.
Having the gods hax any situation.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Mass Effect 3 an arc which they've already done and unlike Legend of Korra, I don't see it ever improving.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 pm

What REALLY made me dislike Super is the downgrade of everyones abilities. Its like Cell and Buu arc never even happened.

For example, no amount of torture and fighting with Frieza should've caused Tagoma to surpass ANY of the Z fighters. (Krillin Yamcha Tien is believable)
I can believe Frieza gaining that much strength in a few months (preferably a little more than 4 months) but not a lowly soldier.

Or how Gohan got so weak after not training for a year or so. I hate that they did that. Gohan went 7 years (or was it 5?) in DBZ without training and was still able to turn SSJ2. So this bullcrap about gohan getting unbelievably weak and struggling to transform comes from to deepest pile of dog crap I've ever seen..

Basically the constant nerfing of everyones power and inconsistent writing. I can deal with everything else :thumbup:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:45 pm

kinisking wrote:Unless he get some BS power up like Piccolo's absorptions... :P
Or mystic form.
''Just sit on your ass for 24 hours, then you'll be the strongest!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Kanassa wrote:
kinisking wrote:Unless he get some BS power up like Piccolo's absorptions... :P
Or mystic form.
''Just sit on your ass for 24 hours, then you'll be the strongest!"
Yeah that was bull shit too but I just had to tease him :lol:

FireFly
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FireFly » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Keep doing what it did in Episode 66. They had a cool concept and ruined it even though I was able to stomach Black's time travel and origin making no sense.