What is the best fusion character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: What is the best fusion character?

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:03 am

Puto wrote:Except that doesn't really make much sense, because Gogeta couldn't possibly know the dragon had such an attack to begin with before he actually used it.
In the interest of fairness, Vegetto had no reliable way of determining that he could resist Boo's absorption and save the people absorbed either. In fact, it came off as shoking to Goku and Vegeta that they defused at all after lifting their protection. Multiple assumptions were made at once from him. Both, or rather the same character, took dangerous risks without proof that their plans would be successful. I have a poor memory of Dragon Ball GT, so I'll take your word on the Evil Dragon not using the attack beforehand and foreshadowing being absent. It's not as if the realm of their actions are in different dimensions though.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:48 pm

My favourite is Gotenks. Powerful and funny as hell. Loved it when he was giving random names to his moves.
Hi

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 am

Merged Zamasu for two reasons:

1. He's Zamasu merged with Zamasu. I find that amusing.

2. He has Super Saiyan on all the time.

3. He became the universe.

4. He is absolutely, genuinely batshit insane. My favorite scene of his is when he stops his usual psychopathic yelling and raving and then just randomly breaks down in tears.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:43 pm

If the character did exist, it would be Pikkolo hands down, (fusion between Pikkon and Piccolo).
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Gogeta captivated me with the 3 minutes of screen time he had...

Design wise, I actually really like the way Barotto looks.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Veku, because it makes a magnificent subversion of Gogeta and Vegetto.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Does Kamiccolo count? I really don't enjoy any of the fusion characters from the dance or Potara. I feel that they're cheap and a cop-out. It's like "Whoa, we've reached the limit! No wait! We can all just combine and get a conveniently efficient power-boost that will overcome the occasion!" I feel that they're a cop-out for really coming up with a way for the characters to overcome a much more powerful opponent.

Design-wise, it has to be Vegetto because I don't know about that mid-drift vest that is produced from the fusion dance.

Best hair, definitely Gotenks because it's pretty unique and at least some thought had to go into combining two characters with totally different types of hair. I do love Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, but it just basically looks like a red version of Goku's hair, so at least the half-and-half of Gotenks's hair is a bit more creative.

Best personality? Well we only saw silly Vegetto (I don't know about Super), but he did seemingly have a serious side. Gotenks was silly too. Gogeta didn't show anything aside from "Hey, I'm a badass" stoic personality in the movie and in GT, he was more-or-less just like Vegetto from Z. I feel like all of the fusion characters (except for Movie 12 Gogeta) had the same personality.

Power-wise? Well they're only as strong as it is convenient, so obviously Vegetto and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta would win that one.

I don't really know. Probably Gotenks since I feel like that character got the most out of actually fusing.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:28 pm

i don't like any fusion character tbh

but if i have to choose , i'll pick Vegeto
My English is poor .

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:31 pm

The nameless Namekian. He is neither Kami nor Piccolo. You can call him... Well, Piccolo. :P

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Gotenks. Gotenks is awesome.

Everyone is forced to pin their hopes for the survival of the universe on a cosmically powerful eight-year-old, and it goes about as well as you'd expect.

Dragonball Black
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragonball Black » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:The nameless Namekian. He is neither Kami nor Piccolo. You can call him... Well, Piccolo. :P
Piccolo needs a new transformation like in multiverse. And Gotenks imo is the worst fusion character.
We are the Villains of Dragonball, and we focus on news, leaks, reviews and most importantly discussion videos.
Lets look into the Darker Side of Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT and Dragonball Super.
Subscribe and Share this Channel and Become a Villain yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdYBVZ ... JmNcGdQJuQ
Dont Forget to Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AnimeFeuds
And Like my Dragonball Xenoverse 3 Page
https://www.facebook.com/Dragonball-Xen ... 441039984/

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:30 pm

The Ultimate Vegito.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames