Is the Grand Priest evil?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Is the Grand Priest evil?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:25 pm

Or is he a puppet to someone else?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Is the Grand Priest evil?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 pm

I think Toyotaro drew an awfully creepy panel of him for the recent trailer, but some of Toyo's Zeno panels are pictured in a similar way. I'm not making any assumptions yet.
Retired.

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:42 pm

They're all evil when you think about it. Their god language is ours backwards. Just saiyan... so is Satan's. And no, I'm not talking about Hercuole lol.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:43 pm

I don't think he is evil and he is too powerful to be manipulated even by Zeno, the Angels are a peaceful,wise and neutral race who tends to never interfere directly in anything relating to the mortals, but in some moment will appear a angel who don't agree with the condute of the other angels and was cast to the demon-realm.

By the way, I think the Grand Priest is not a regular angel, he is the only Archangel in all creation, and the other four most powerful fighters are 4 seraphins and one of them will be the one who turn evil, or one of the 6 angels that belonged to the universes that zeno destroyed in the past.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:54 pm

I think all those angles are up to something.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:00 am

Why would you think that? At least give some context..
Toyotaro drew him really shabbily so that creepiness is not intended most likely.

Grand priest is not evil, at least not as of now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:11 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Why would you think that? At least give some context..
Toyotaro drew him really shabbily so that creepiness is not intended most likely.

Because they look mysterious and ominous, usually in fiction; it's usually those type of certain characters who have some type of cynical agenda. On the surface they seem calm and gentle, but underneath their mischievous and evil, a good example is Palpatine from Star Wars.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:14 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:

Because they look mysterious and ominous, usually in fiction; it's usually those type of certain characters who have some type of cynical agenda. On the surface they seem calm and gentle, but underneath their mischievous and evil, a good example is Palpatine from Star Wars.
That's generalising it too much, it would imply we cannot have calm teachers/angles without making them evil at some point..

I would enjoy a fallen angel arc though, but first at least have goku surpass berrus then evil angle could be a possibility
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:52 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:

That's generalising it too much, it would imply we cannot have calm teachers/angles without making them evil at some point..

I would enjoy a fallen angel arc though, but first at least have goku surpass berrus then evil angle could be a possibility
I do think it's entirely plausible for a group of angles (or all) to lead a revolt, there basically slaves to God of Destructions. It's been said, that if there God of Destruction, their responsible for dies they become inactive or something of the sort. In my opinion, they just seem like being created just to serve; that's plenty of a reason to revolt, so they can have a free will of their own.
Maybe I'm thinking into it too much.

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:40 am

It has always been shady to me that they explicitly stated he's top 5. Wouldn't be very nice to tell us he's so powerful and not show him fighting even once.

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:43 am

Though they could also be setting him up as so powerful so after or during this arc he can train Goku/Vegeta to Beerus level power. Would make sense that Whis unlocked their power so much from training so his dad could be even better and quicker. Would be a lot better than another trip to the RoSAT.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:52 am

Why would he be evil? We had this nonsense last time with Vados and Hit. There will not be anyone evil in the tournament but maybe outside of the tournament.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:15 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:I think all those angles are up to something.
I also think this but I wouldn't be surprised if Whis goes against it because of Goku's good nature rubbing off on him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:34 am

If they want to top Black an angel would the best next villain. The Grand Priest is probably the only one who can try to do something to Zeno, but still, I don't think we can tell that he's evil from the moment. Remember than before the tournament, Champa and specially Vados looked really suspicious but in the end they are not evil (but we don't know what Champa wanted to wish with the SDB...). Then again, what do we know about angels? They have to protect the Kaioshins of their universes because of the link thing, they are just desactivated until they have a Hakaishin to look for, and...

That's pretty much it. The Zamasu arc added lore to the gods herarchy but we still don't know a lot of things. Like, who choses the new Hakaishins? How does the link work ? Why Black and Zamasu didn't have a Hakaishin linked with them? Who created the angels? Are all of them children lf the Grand Priest?

That being said, I can't see Whis as a villain at this point.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 am

Goku Black and Future Zamasu weren't proper Kaioshin to begin with. They stole Gowasu's Potara to use his Time Ring so it's reasonable to assume they never had a formal link set up for them. If they did, and I'm only speculating here, their link is with each other. Attention is never brought towards those details so I wouldn't seriously consider that option. Neither character exhibit Hakaishin and Kaioshin abilities and I imagine they wanted to be free from those restrictions. They're rogue gods at the end of the timeline.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:08 am

I don't know really know what the Grand Priest would gain from being evil. I mean, we already know what Zeno is capable of, so I don't think Grand Preist should run the risk of causing havoc and annoying Zeno because now that there are two of them in one multiverse, that would just make scenario even more volatile.

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:43 am

I personally think that the Grand Priest is even more powerful than Zeno, but he, like all other angels, work only to keep everything in order for who they work and don't interfere directly. I also think that they have their own universe (Godly universe) and that's why they don't care much if the 12 universes are destroyed.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:46 am

Maybe he doesn't really care for his duties and goku bringing a 2nd zeno to that timeline set him off a bit?

And what he said about envying universe 7 after he asked whis who's idea it was seemed like he may not have meant that in a good way. Then he said he'd visit "at some point"... I just get shady vibes from the guy.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:00 pm

The new Ending song is about an Evil Angel (And A righteous Devil).

So, if it's not a Zamasu-centric ending, than it could be about the upcoming Tournament Arc.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:16 pm

thegamer23 wrote:The new Ending song is about an Evil Angel (And A righteous Devil).

So, if it's not a Zamasu-centric ending, than it could be about the upcoming Tournament Arc.
I think the same that the new Ending song has something to do with the new arc