What techniques do you think should return?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

What techniques do you think should return?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:11 pm

DBS brought back the Kaio Ken and the Mafuba, which haven't been seen since DB and early DBZ. The Z-Fighters have accumulated a grand variety of attacks to use since then, some of which he has only used a few times.

What other attacks would you like to see again from the Z-Fighters?

I'd like to see:
- The Dragon Fist - where Goku puts energy into his fist and a Dragon forms from it.

- The Dirty Fireworks - Vegeta's move

- The Destructo Disk - Krillin's move

- The Infinity Bullet - Android 18's rapid-fire attack of energy blasts

- The Mystic Attack - where Piccolo can extend his arms

- The Thunder Shock Surprise - where Master Roshi channels the ki in his energy into electricity
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What techniques do you think should return?

Post by omaro34 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:45 pm

Hellzone Grenade. That move was too epic to be only used once in the series.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:28 pm

omaro34 wrote:Hellzone Grenade. That move was too epic to be only used once in the series.
That should have taken place of special beam cannon, or at least should have been a staple attack
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:34 pm

17 should use Hell's flash.

He became a park ranger to protect nature, he was heavily influenced by 16.

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Only one technique? Because all of Merged Zamasu's techniques are so sick. So i hope we will see again:

- Wall of Light, a technique used by Merged Zamasu that summons a giant bird-like being which eliminates all that it touches;
- Lightning of Absolution, a series of purple-coloured lightning blasts fired by Zamasu's Ring of Light/Wall of Light;
- Blades of Judgement, a barriage of red energy blades that either strike the opponent or fall to the ground and explode.

Just bring back Merged Zamasu, he had so many unique techniques that it's a shame we saw them only in Episode 65.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:10 pm

The Solar Flare. The characters in-universe seem to really underestimate how useful the technique is.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:35 pm

People really tend to underestimate the Kyoutenshou..
That move would be an instant win when someone with power level of goku performs it.
Other honorable mentions
• Sleepy Boy Technique
• Kiai, hit kind of uses it in the latest episode
• Afterimage Technique, that is a very useful one don't know why they ditched it
• solar flare, why do they not use kienzan and solar flare combinations is beyond me
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Hellzone Grenade. That move was too epic to be only used once in the series.
That should have taken place of special beam cannon, or at least should have been a staple attack
Piccolo only used the SBC once in the manga.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 pm

-Kienzan (Destructo disk)

- Solar flare (Its really underestimated)

- Hellzone Grenade

- Wolf fang fist (somehow XD)

- Big bang attack

I Had a couple more in mind but i forgot about them :>

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: • Afterimage Technique, that is a very useful one don't know why they ditched it
A possible in-universe reason I can think about is that maybe people capable of sensing ki may easily follow ki instead of being fooled by an image.[1]
Note: I don't remember when they stopped using it.

[1] DBS Ep 72 showed us that Hit is capable of creating fake ki signatures (the sequence in the woods). Using that in combination with afterimage technique maybe may work... but he already has effective techniques.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Piccolo: Explosive Demon Wave, Light grenade, Giant Form.

Tien's Tri-Beam.

Krillin's Destructo Disk.

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:11 pm

I hope Vegeta uses a ki-blade in the future. Vegetto did it, and it would kind of be a shout-out to his future son. I think it's a little too gritty for Goku but seeing Vegeta slice through a few fodder-tier people in the tournament would be sweet.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:45 pm

This and light grenade.
iAnimationLover_ wrote: - Big bang attack
Oh yeah, this too. It's weird that they've had Vegeta use Galick Gun and Final Flash multiple times but not Big Bang Attack.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:13 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:Only one technique? Because all of Merged Zamasu's techniques are so sick. So i hope we will see again:

- Wall of Light, a technique used by Merged Zamasu that summons a giant bird-like being which eliminates all that it touches;
- Lightning of Absolution, a series of purple-coloured lightning blasts fired by Zamasu's Ring of Light/Wall of Light;
- Blades of Judgement, a barriage of red energy blades that either strike the opponent or fall to the ground and explode.

Just bring back Merged Zamasu, he had so many unique techniques that it's a shame we saw them only in Episode 65.
Yes! Fusion Zamasu's techniques were so cool, my favorite one was Holy Wrath.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:12 am

That one attack where Goku acts like a crazy dog. I forget it's name, but I think it would be pretty funny to see once more.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Paper Lung

Post by Paper Lung » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:35 am

I'll never understand why Toei didn't animate Trunks doing his most iconic move, Burning Attack, when he was brought back in Super. Instead, make way for Final Flash and Galic Gun!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:56 am

Feet-kamehameha from the 23rd tournament. I'm sure there's some easy way to write a situation where Gokû's fighting without his boots on where he'd be able to feet-kamehameha an opponent.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:11 am

If Tenshinhan is there then I say Dodonpa.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:35 am

Paper Lung wrote:I'll never understand why Toei didn't animate Trunks doing his most iconic move, Burning Attack, when he was brought back in Super. Instead, make way for Final Flash and Galic Gun!
I don't know, it's not that impressive, is it? Despite its elaborate opening, it's revealed to be a normal blast serving as a decoy to slash Freeza instead. :lol:

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:04 am

The techniques I would like to see appear would be in Toriyama's outline and therefore be in the manga and anime, some was only used once and/or discarded after a certain point, despite their usefulness.

Piccolo
-Special Beam Cannon
-Great Namek
-Destructive Wave
-Masenko
-Hellzone Grenade
-Light Grenade

Tien Shinhan
-Four Arms
-Kamehameha
-Dodon Ray
-Solar Flare
-Multi Form

Krillin
-Destructo Disc Barrage

Android 17
-Android Barrier

Android 18
-Destructo Disc
-Arm Breaker

Goku
-Turning Kamehameha

Gohan
-Father-Son Kamehameha

Vegeta
-Big Bang Attack
-Galick Gun

Fat Buu
-Copy Skill
-Kamehameha
-Chocolate Beam

Roshi
-MAX Power Kamehameha
-Pressure Points
-Hypnosis
-Kiai
-Thunder Shock

I would also like for other characters to learn Kaioken, Master Roshi to learn Flight and for Gohan to reveal he knows the Special Beam Cannon.