If Super had THIS kind of animation, we would be living in an ideal world!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Re: If Super had THIS kind of animation, we would be living in an ideal world!

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:22 am

Ki Breaker wrote: Alright calm the hell down, no one is spitting on animators faces here, it looks bad to you not to others hence it's praised..
Not everyone is interested in animation details and most don't ever care, that being said, Yes, people have no fucking clue about animation, why are you getting so worked up about it..
If you understand that much educate them instead of raging..

When these videos are being praised It should be pretty obvious people enjoy On point art rather than having smooth animation with everyone with their very own styles to boot, even I understood this fact and I am not into animation at all..
What's funny is that a few people did try to tell them or as you said educate them, but guess what nobody listened. Typical YouTube. Now, why will I torture myself talking to people who don't want to listen. That video tries to give the illusion of 60fps and is interpolated like I said before.

The guy who made the video even himself said in the comments that the video is interpolated and still everybody went on with their praises and all anime should be like this YADA YADA. I apologize for my tone, but it is annoying. Just like misinformation about plot details like videos about Broli returning or something absurd bothers people, misinformation about animation also bothers people.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:16 am

There's nothing to see here.

Koji Nashizawa animated the 2D (yes, that's all 2D outside of the obvious section at the end), with Yamamuro as the Chief AD. Both have worked on Super, but produced nothing of note. As others have said, there are far better animators on the show who have produced better work than this clip (66, anyone?!).

As a side-note: that One-Punch Man clip looks horrible with motion interpolation. There's a very good reason people tell you to turn that stuff off on your TVs.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:23 am

Really? I mean that one's pretty good, but when I think of really well animated OPM scenes the first ones that come to mind are the epic Saitama vs Boros or the sheer emotion in my personal favorite fight, Mumen Rider vs Sea King.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:28 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Really? I mean that one's pretty good, but when I think of really well animated OPM scenes the first ones that come to mind are the epic Saitama vs Boros or the sheer emotion in my personal favorite fight, Mumen Rider vs Sea King.
I know, the boros fight wasn't uploaded in great quality on YouTube :)
That fight was oh my god level

Mumen rider vs sea king was very inspirational, the spirit he showed was praise Worthy
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
I know, the boros fight wasn't uploaded in great quality on YouTube :)
That fight was oh my god level

Mumen rider vs sea king was very inspirational, the spirit he showed was praise Worthy
Then again, the Sea King fight's emotion is mostly conveyed by the soundtrack as well. That's another thing I think DBS could use. A better soundtrack and use of soundtrack. Sometimes it works great, but other times it sucks. (I'm looking at you, Omen of Victory)

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:11 pm

What? That looks exactly like Super and every Dragon Ball material since BoG (the 2D part). Just that it is more on-model than some TV episodes.

I dont like it.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:42 pm

I hate CGI. Even in action movies. It looks so ridiculously fake to me.

Dont see the big deal about the OP link.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:27 pm

I dunno how translate it, but in Italy we have a common tense...
if my gramma had wheels, she was a chariot
It's used to underline a what if, too much obvious statement.

While the chosen example probably was wrong, the concept "the toon x will benefit of greater y" it's always possible, but:
  • consider costs
    consider money returns
    consider they have a strict schedule
So people try, at least TRY, to love Super for what he does (or hate it for it) instead of living in the "what if" world (or at least try to convey those creative pulses to some of your products... became mangaka or writers!)
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:30 pm

The 2D animated scenes in Xenoverse 2 are decent, but nothing spectacular really. But the handful of 3D CGI scenes are EPIC and GORGEOUS. The scene with Bardock at the start and the short scene with Future Gohan and the Androids are just fantastic, and I wish we could get at least full movie or something with that kind of detail and awesomeness.

For those who haven't played Xenoverse 2 and don't know what I'm talking about:
https://youtu.be/qQ9iT1-gHQg
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:42 pm

The way I see it, there isn't a lot of difference with the art we see in DBS, also there is almost no animation. We have seen better art and animation in Super lol

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Have you seen de Vegetto vs Zamasu fight. That animation is way better than the one that BARELY exists in that clip.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:41 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I hate CGI. Even in action movies. It looks so ridiculously fake to me.
Ya know I hear people say that, but usually what they really mean by that is, "I hate BAD CGI". Particularly in anime when people say that CG is bad, I point to things such as the CG in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure openings. That CGI looks badass. Makes me almost wish the whole anime was CG.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 am

I thought this was a joke thread so I ignored it but apparently OP is serious? Or is he keeping up with the joke?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:37 am

kinisking wrote:I thought this was a joke thread so I ignored it but apparently OP is serious? Or is he keeping up with the joke?
OP seems pretty serious
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:53 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
kinisking wrote:I thought this was a joke thread so I ignored it but apparently OP is serious? Or is he keeping up with the joke?
OP seems pretty serious

its actually pretty funny

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:21 am

iAnimationLover_ wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
OP seems pretty serious

I thought you were talking about OPM not one piece sorry xD

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:23 am

iAnimationLover_ wrote:
iAnimationLover_ wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: OP seems pretty serious

We're not talking about either OP is a term to describe the person who started a thread. I think it means original poster.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:28 am

kinisking wrote:
iAnimationLover_ wrote:
iAnimationLover_ wrote:

We're not talking about either OP is a term to describe the person who started a thread. I think it means original poster.

Oh, I Didnt know that. My bad!