Your Predictions and Hopes for the Next Games

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Your Predictions and Hopes for the Next Games

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:12 pm

An all-purpose thread to both state and discuss what you believe will come next, as well as what you hope to see, in the world of Dragon Ball video games.

My predictions for 2017:

Home console:
With Xenoverse 2 having updates and support for a year, I can't see much coming for the home consoles. However, this would be as good a time as ever to develop another installment in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, so as to utilize an already existing engine rather than create a new one. If that were the case, I doubt we would see BT4 or RB3; I'd expect a game with a unique title, similar to Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Handheld console:
I suspect that Fusions will be supported for some time with the Japanese version's updates, but I can see it dying down within a couple months. I don't have any other predictions at this time, other than perhaps another Butōden game?

My hopes for 2017:

Budokai Tenkaichi 4 - Essentially BT3 with additional characters, costumes, and stages covering the franchise as a whole. A graphics update wouldn't be required. I wouldn't imagine an overwhelming amount of work would be required for a game such as this.

A Dragon Ball Super game - Home console or handheld, dubbed or not, a fighting game that covers the entirety of Super alone, would likely sell a considerable amount. I'd imagine support as the method for adding new content in. This could also be done with the aforementioned BT4, though obviously with the inclusion of other portions of the franchise.

Please don't quote this post in its entirety. Thanks for reading!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Your Predictions and Hopes for the Next Games

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Just give me a 2d fighter with OG DB characters, Z characters, and GT folks.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:51 pm

I don't predict things, especially video game related, since I don't play video games. However, I definitely want Xenoverse 3 to add the Shinjin race to the character creation.
Retired.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I don't predict things, especially video game related, since I don't play video games. However, I definitely want Xenoverse 3 to add the Shinjin race to the character creation.
I'm confused, why do you want them to add it if you aren't going to play it?

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:43 pm

I'd definitely hope Freeza's family gets SOMETHING new in the games. Maybe have Chilled transform, or give Coola a First (Second and Third are optional) form like Freeza's. Some places haven't been exploited for What-if content. What about Super Android forms for 14 and 15? Something like that I'd love to see.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:03 am

PelicanDynasty wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I don't predict things, especially video game related, since I don't play video games. However, I definitely want Xenoverse 3 to add the Shinjin race to the character creation.
I'm confused, why do you want them to add it if you aren't going to play it?
If I do decide to play, I don't want to be disappointed.
Retired.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:10 am

Xenoverse 3 and maybe Fusions 2 tbh, that's all I'm predicting for new DB games.

I'd like for the original DB series to be included in XV3 but I don't think that will happen due to lacking certain abilies and their power levels.
It'll probably be a prequel and off-screen quests on earth for Percel to fight in again.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:49 am

AnzuMazaki wrote:Xenoverse 3 and maybe Fusions 2 tbh, that's all I'm predicting for new DB games.

I'd like for the original DB series to be included in XV3 but I don't think that will happen due to lacking certain abilies and their power levels.
It'll probably be a prequel and off-screen quests on earth for Percel to fight in again.
The only guys from DB I could see show up as potential fighters are Master Roshi, Grandpa Gohan, Mercenary Tao, Tambourine, and King Piccolo.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:35 am

Every Canon character that can fight from Kid Goku to King Piccolo to Cell to Tarble to Fusion Zamasu. The non-fighters can be assist characters or npcs like in Extreme Būtoden and XV2.

If they can't fly... well Goku, Tao, Roshi... can use the Nimbus, Tien Shinhan, Chaozu, Kuririn, Piccolo and his minions can fly, and give the others Jetpacks. Or pull a Sparking and give them limited flight.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:33 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Just give me a 2d fighter with OG DB characters, Z characters, and GT folks.
Read my mind perfectly. I love the direction that Xenoverse is going in, but I would really like to see an old-school 2.5D beat-em-up that does the original Dragon Ball characters some justice.

I'm still waiting for that Burst Limit sequel. :(

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:01 pm

I just want Xenoverse 3 for more awesomeness. Characters being added, more content... The usual and what the Dragon Ball games need. :wink:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Just give me a 2d fighter with OG DB characters, Z characters, and GT folks.
Read my mind perfectly. I love the direction that Xenoverse is going in, but I would really like to see an old-school 2.5D beat-em-up that does the original Dragon Ball characters some justice.

Yeah, I really like Xenoverse 2, but, it's not a good game. It's a game you play when you just need to relax your mind, and just grind.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:18 am

My prediction that we will see XV3 that will cover the first Dragon Ball show and the BOG retelling - Future Trunks saga. The Universal Survival Arc and the next possible arc will be DLC. Maybe we will get a bigger and more deeper story mode. I think they will also pull off a BT3 by adding fan service with characters that didn't make it the cut in the last two games.

New characters I think will be added in XV3 (That are not DLC so far in XV2):

DB:

DB Kid Goku
Mai
Pilaf (Maybe in his battle mecha)
Kid Kuririn
Master Roshi
Arale
General Blue
Tao Pai Pai
Akuman
Tambourine
Piccolo Daimao

DBZ:

Garlic Jr (Both forms)
Misokatsun
Kishime
Ebifurya
Freeza second form
Freeza third form
King Cold
Cyborg Freeza
Salza
Dore
Neiz
Dr. Gero
Semi Perfect Cell
Super #13
Hatchiyack
Bojack (Both base and Super form)
Kaioshin
Kibitoshin
Dabra
Babidi
Grey Buu
Paikuhan
Tapion

GT:

Uub
Adult Goten
Ledgic
General Rildo
Bebi
Bebi Vegeta
2nd Star Shenron (Haze Shenron)
Six Star Shenron (Oceanus Shenron)

Super:

Sorbet
Tagoma
Shisami
Botamo
Monaka
Copy Vegeta (Probably be a alt for Vegeta)
Zeno
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

We're on the same boat. To this day, Burst Limit is still the best looking DB game we got and it dates back to 2008. Too bad they decided to use that shiny plastic-look for XV and XV2. If they take it and upgrade the already gorgeous graphics, add the most important characters from Buu Arc and DBS and improve the gameplay to make it similar to Infinite World/Shin Budokai 2. I would gladly buy it and many other fans would, they could also call it Budokai 4 to create more hype.

A return to 2.5D would be good, it would be a dream if they start cycling between 3D and 2D games.

Also a BT4 with DBS characters and upgraded graphics would be awesome.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: Budokai Tenkaichi 4 - Essentially BT3 with additional characters, costumes, and stages covering the franchise as a whole. A graphics update wouldn't be required. I wouldn't imagine an overwhelming amount of work would be required for a game such as this.

I have been waiting for something like that for a long time. I don't think it will ever happen though.

I think that a texture update, and a few new mechanics would also be a nice addition, like blast deflecting, and counter rushes (both from Raging Blast). Also, adding a few more attack strings to the game will be great as well as long as they leave everything else as is.

That would be the only necessary additions for a game like this to be great again.

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:44 am

I'm expecting a new 3D not-Xenoverse fighting game that goes Raditz-to-Zamasu, but I'm really hoping for a new RPG or two. Shit, maybe even a good-old beat-em'-up. I'm really sick of all the fighting games, and the franchise really hasn't done enough with the genres I mentioned.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:06 pm

Dimps already said we'd have to wait longer for XV3 than we did for XV2 which was a year and a half so there's no way we're getting it next year but I think we'll get something from another developer or maybe a port of Zenkai Battle Royal with more characters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:16 am

I want to see the next DBZ game in the vein of the Naruto Ninja Storm Series. That story mode is a lot of fun.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I want to see the next DBZ game in the vein of the Naruto Ninja Storm Series. That story mode is a lot of fun.
Ah that's what I was going to say. I would enjoy a game that had a battle system like that and cutscenes like Asura's Wrath.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:27 pm

sintzu wrote:Dimps already said we'd have to wait longer for XV3 than we did for XV2 which was a year and a half so there's no way we're getting it next year but I think we'll get something from another developer or maybe a port of Zenkai Battle Royal with more characters.
Wait! Really that's so exciting!!! YEESS!!! :D