Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai ROUND 4

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Re: Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai ROUND 2~

Post by laserkid » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Glad you like the bracket, I will update it once this round ends. :)
-Laserkid

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:35 pm

I thought the last 2 going for #1 would be BOG and M13 but M13 is out and M12 which was my 2nd choice to go up against BOG has serious competition from M1 so I'm not even sure about that anymore.

I do still believe that BOG will reach the top 2 but at this point I have no idea which movie it'll go up against.

Maybe Cooler's 1st movie ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Battle of Gods vs. Resurrection 'F' - Battle of Gods. BoG is the best movie and F is the worst movie in the entire franchise, not a hard one.
Mystical Great Adventure vs. Path to Power - I like Path to Power best, I don't think any of them fulfilled their potential, but PtP's animation was great.
DBZ Movie 1 vs. DBZ Movie 12 - Movie 12 by a long shot. 1 is just so boring. 12 had a lot of neat concepts.
DBZ Movie 2 vs. DBZ Movie 11 - I'm not really a big fan of either but 2 takes it, 11 is awful.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:09 pm

sintzu wrote:I thought the last 2 going for #1 would be BOG and M13 but M13 is out and M12 which was my 2nd choice to go up against BOG has serious competition from M1 so I'm not even sure about that anymore.

I do still believe that BOG will reach the top 2 but at this point I have no idea which movie it'll go up against.

Maybe Cooler's 1st movie ?
well, that's just the random order of movie positioning in the brackets, even had DBZ Movie 13 gone forward, assuming BoG gets to it, it would have faced it just before the semi finals.

If BoG makes it to the finals its opponent will be one of the DBZ Movies from 3-10, I'm hoping for BoG Vs DBZ movie 9 personally.
-Laserkid

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Resurrection F
Path to Power
Fusion Reborn
Worlds Strongest

Battle of Gods and Resurrection F are the best movies by a mile, in fact they're the only two movies worth squat. They should have been placed at the opposite ends of the bracket because what should have been the final has happened already.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Resurrection F vs Battle of Gods
BoG was a nice celebration of the franchise that introduced some new and interesting characters. RoF completely failed to capitalize on said characters and (imo) squandered what little hope I had left for a decent sequel. Nothing but shallow fanservice with a story that felt directionless. BoG is the clear winner despite it's flaws.

DB Movie 3(Mystical Adventure) vs DB Movie 4(10th Anniversary)
Don't really care for DB movie 3. Path to Power at least had some fantastic animation and music.

DBZ Movie 12(Fusion) vs DBZ Movie 1(Garlic Jr)
This one's a tough pick for me but movie 1 just edges it out in terms of being the more memorable film. Movie 12 is a lot of fun to watch though so I can't fault it too much.

DBZ Movie 11(Swamp Thing) vs DBZ Movie 2 (Giant Brain in a Jar)
Bio Broly doesn't deserve to exist. Next.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:41 am

So the voting ended Friday, I'm not the guy running this so I can't announce new votes but I can show who won. Based on the prior vote tally plus the votes since, we're looking at:

Resurrection F (2) vs Battle of Gods(19)

DB Movie 3(Mystical Adventure)(9) vs DB Movie 4(10th Anniversary)(11)

DBZ Movie 12(Fusion) (11) vs DBZ Movie 1(Garlic Jr)(9)

DBZ Movie 11(Swamp Thing)(2) vs DBZ Movie 2 (Giant Brain in a Jar)(18)

Here's an updated bracket, hopefully we'll have our new votes soon :)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
-Laserkid

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:18 am

DB Movie 4 won? Lame. How such a boring movie can eclipse DB Movie 3 is beyond me. Thankfully it was close and not a total blowout like I thought it could have been.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:49 pm

MajinMan wrote:DB Movie 4 won? Lame. How such a boring movie can eclipse DB Movie 3 is beyond me. Thankfully it was close and not a total blowout like I thought it could have been.
Sorry if this seems impolite, but you know other people have differing opinions from your own, right? As in this particular case, clearly more people found DB Movie 4 to be better than 3! :P I mean, I found ROF far better than BOG, but I understand that the general majority of users on Kanzenshuu dislike hate it. I'm not complaining, though.

This isn't meant as a personal attack or anything of the sort, but I just find it odd that you did this both here and in the preceding round.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:37 pm

I'll update this ASAP, haven't had access to my CPU since I'm out of the country.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:54 am

BoG easily my favorite. RoF had massive potential untapped (scenes like the 1000 soldiers could have been utilized better... and a longer fight with Frieza...)

BoG had just the right combo of comedy and action. Still not perfect though. Unfortunately I never had the chance to walk into the theater during both of these showings. I really missed out on some fun experiences.

My next favs in order are... 1st Cooler and 2nd Cooler, and the 1st Broly. Again, these movies could have been better off if they extended the fights. It's what really killed the Bojack movie, that one I like but painfully short moment with SSJ2 Gohan. I just have to cry. :D
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:15 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
MajinMan wrote:DB Movie 4 won? Lame. How such a boring movie can eclipse DB Movie 3 is beyond me. Thankfully it was close and not a total blowout like I thought it could have been.
Sorry if this seems impolite, but you know other people have differing opinions from your own, right? As in this particular case, clearly more people found DB Movie 4 to be better than 3! :P I mean, I found ROF far better than BOG, but I understand that the general majority of users on Kanzenshuu dislike hate it. I'm not complaining, though.

This isn't meant as a personal attack or anything of the sort, but I just find it odd that you did this both here and in the preceding round.
Yah, I know. I'm just stating my opinion even if I'm not explicitly saying that it's my opinion. I'm not actually mad or completely in shock or anything, just disappointed because one of the lesser movies came out on top of a really good movie.

(In my opinion, of course.)

Rest in peace.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:18 am

MajinMan wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:

Yah, I know. I'm just stating my opinion even if I'm not explicitly saying that it's my opinion. I'm not actually mad or completely in shock or anything, just disappointed because one of the lesser movies came out on top of a really good movie.

(In my opinion, of course.)
You said it was boring but not what about it was boring. Honestly, when I watched this in the late 90's I found it fun, breath taking, action packed... And it's actually my favourite out of all movies combined having been made.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:05 am

sangofe wrote:You said it was boring but not what about it was boring. Honestly, when I watched this in the late 90's I found it fun, breath taking, action packed... And it's actually my favourite out of all movies combined having been made.
I think that the way it tries to retell events is too similar to the original, and when it does stray away from the formula towards the end, it delivers an uninteresting conclusion. I think the movie is beautiful and extremely well animated, but the story does not appeal to me since the first half is a rehash and the second half is just uninteresting. DB Movie 3 is much more original when it comes to plot.

Rest in peace.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:45 pm

Honestly DB Movie 4's main issue is the excruciatingly slow pacing. It's not a bad idea in concept, the execution is just a bit lackluster. The look of it is really pretty though, so there's that.
-Laserkid

MarCas92
Regular

Re: Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai ROUND3

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:20 am

Hello everybody and Happy New Year! Here are the winners for Round 2:

[spoiler]
Battle of Gods
DB Movie 4
DBZ Movie 2
DBZ Movie 12
[/spoiler]

Kind of upset DB Movie 3 and DBZ Movie 1 lost since those are among my favorites, but I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Round 3:
DBZ Movie 10 (Broly 2: Electric Boogaloo) vs DBZ Movie 3(Goku Black's Guide to Gardening)
DBZ Movie 4 (Slug Daimao) vs DBZ Movie 9 (Bojack)
DBZ Movie 5 (Cooler) vs DBZ Movie 8 (Broly)
DBZ Movie 6 (THE WORST ONE Vegetas Big Movie Debut) vs DBZ Movie 7 (THE OTHER WORST ONE Android 13)

My votes:
DBZ Movie 3
DBZ Movie 9
DBZ Movie 5
DBZ Movie 6

BRACKET:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thanks to Laserkid for the awesome new bracket![/quote]
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 am

1. Tree of Might
2. Super Saiyan Son Goku
3. Cooler's Revenge
4. Super Android 13
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

sintzu
Banned

Re: Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai ROUND3

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:25 am

MarCas92 wrote:
DBZ Movie 10 vs DBZ Movie 3
DBZ Movie 4 vs DBZ Movie 9
DBZ Movie 5 vs DBZ Movie 8
DBZ Movie 6 vs DBZ Movie 7
I like all of these so this is going to be really hard. :crazy:

I like Gohan being the main hero for movies 9&10 but I overall like movies 3&4 slightly better so I'm voting for them.

I like Broly's 1st movie and Cooler's 2nd but cooler's 1st movie was the 1st Z movie I saw and I love 13's setting and character usage so like the above, 7&5 win by a very slim margin.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:28 am

1. DBZ Movie 3 vs DBZ Movie 10 - DBZ Movie 3. DBZ Movie 10 is pretty boring and makes Broly have even less of a character than he did in his fist movie. DBZ Movie 3 has an interesting concept and a better villain in Tullece.

2. DBZ Movie 4 vs DBZ Movie 9 - DBZ Movie 9. DBZ Movie 4 is such a bore. They ripped of Daimao completely and gave us mediocre action. DBZ Movie 9 has a bland villain too, but the scenery and premise is much better than 4's.

3. DBZ Movie 5 vs DBZ Movie 8 - DBZ Movie 5. I think that they're both overrated, but DBZ Movie 5 gets my vote because I like Coola more than Broly.

4. DBZ Movie 6 vs DBZ Movie 7 - DBZ Movie 6? I really don't know. These movies are both trash. DBZ Movie 6 has better music from what I remember, so it gets my vote because of that.

Rest in peace.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:59 am

DBZ Movie 3 : Although, it felt rushed it still had Nishio Daisuke directing it and I liked parts of it which I assume was due to his presence. I don't know what Movie 10 was trying to do. Nothing in that movie was even remotely interesting. I couldn't believe Yama'uchi Shigeyasu directed such a bland movie.

DBZ Movie 9 : Both #4 and #9 are trash, but #9 is a little less trash, so I vote for that. #9 has memorable music though. One of my favorite Kikuchi pieces.

DBZ Movie 8 : I have warmed up to Movie 8 and it was mostly the Broli fandom that made me not like it. Yama'uchi's trademark direction, good music and acting and some nice animation too. The climax especially. Movie #5 was not bad, it had Nakamura animation of all things even though it was nothing special, Nakao was fantastic as ever and not that bad directing too, but #8 was a little bit more entertaining.

DBZ Movie 6 : Both #6 and #7 are trash. There's nothing good in either of them. I vote for Movie 6 cause of Kageyama's Kimi Ga HERO, which is one of my favorite songs.