Can Beerus "Hakai" Whis and Champa ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Re: Can Beerus "Hakai" Whis and Champa ?

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:25 am

Beerus is a god of destruction. Whis, the being that knows him best, said Beerus can destroy anything. We have no reason to doubt that.

The only limit on that is other gods of destruction. It is specifically stated that a battle between Beerus and Champa could destroy the whole universe. So even that is not a limit of effectiveness, but of consequence.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:45 pm

I always thought of the technique being effective against those that are weaker than Beerus, especially by a margin. So I highly doubt it would be any effective against Champa or Whis.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:25 pm

If I remember rightly their was a moment were Beerus said to Whis "Maybe I should destroy you?"

That leads me to think that Beerus's destruction power would work on him....but Whis is so much stronger then him he would not get the chance. However stronger God of Destruction likely could.

As for Champa? Well can destruction destroy destruction?

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:All we know is that it can one-shot a Kaio who was weaker than SSJ2 Goku, and (if it was even the same technique) it can kill ghosts. I don't see it working against anyone on a similar level to the user. It could be a deal like Reiatsu crush from Bleach, when it's extremely effective on people weaker than you, but otherwise not all that useful.
Actually in the anime they make it quite clear that Goku absorbed the power of the Super Saiyan God it didn't go away

So since Goku was a ssj2 when he fought Zamasu that actually means Zamasu is stronger than a Super Saiyan God

Which makes the whole Beerus vs Goku fight even more hilarious when he could've "Hakai'd" him anytime he felt like it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:07 pm

I thought Goku wasn't using god ki then, when he was SSJ1 against Frost, SSJ2 against Zamasu, and SSJ3 against Futire Trunks it was just his normal ki.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I thought Goku wasn't using god ki then, when he was SSJ1 against Frost, SSJ2 against Zamasu, and SSJ3 against Futire Trunks it was just his normal ki.
The only time Goku uses God ki is when he turns into a SSGSS.Goku as a SSJ when he absorbed the power into him could be sensed by others.There is no 2 base theory everyone Is just overpowered for no reason.

Krillin even confirmed that Goku's base in the ROF arc was stronger than his SSJ form he fought Beerus with

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:45 am

It doesn't make sense for him to need SSJ3 against Trunks then.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:56 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:It doesn't make sense for him to need SSJ3 against Trunks then.
The Thing is Trunks trained with the Z Sword . That makes him far stronger than a normal DBZ SSj2

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:31 am

DSB wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:It doesn't make sense for him to need SSJ3 against Trunks then.
The Thing is Trunks trained with the Z Sword . That makes him far stronger than a normal DBZ SSj2
Trunks never used the Z sword...

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:15 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
DSB wrote:
Trunks never used the Z sword...

Trunks trained with the z sword. It's there . Find it .

I also think his current sword IS the Z sword

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 am

Um, no... only Gohan and Goku used it, before it broke.