tablet the eunuch/ Gen funimationdude, mix up

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

tablet the eunuch/ Gen funimationdude, mix up

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun May 09, 2004 9:15 pm

How did this all come up? I feel like I'm missing an inside joke

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon May 10, 2004 12:30 am

some weirdos at DBZOA decided to call him Gen Fukunaga because he likes the DVD releases and their "leader" seriously thinks Tablet is Gen Fukunaga for some reason.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon May 10, 2004 12:43 am

on GSM777's update #2 regarding Naruto, he connected some "facts/coincidences (abeilt getting most of them, if not all completely wrong or taken way out of proportion)" and assumed/accused me of being Gen Fukunaga.

To learn more, visit Animejump forums, and a post which Daizex locked here. There was one on the DBZOA forums, but GSM777 deleted that after I showed a PM on animenewsnetwork forums I received from him, essentially blackmailing me with a post I made about yaoi erotic doujinshi about batman and Rojer Smith and Optimus prime. He took the post seriously, thinking it was hot evidence or whatever, and I flat out called him wrong. he made up a fairly lame excuse and closed it.

The entire thing has kinda died off now, but I am waiting for the day where his mega update about how I truely am gen fukunaga comes up. in the end, basically, he never backed off from his claim, because if he did then his reputation goes down the can. well, moreso than it already has.

Hope this helps.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon May 10, 2004 3:28 am

Here's his "proof", btw:
GreatSaiyaman777 wrote:Question 1. "This is utter bullshit. Why the fuck would Gen Fukunaga talk to you?"

Answer- He wouldn't... at least not knowingly. However, he does post anonymously online.

Sometime ago I got an e-mail from someone telling me that they thought that "StevenTheEunuch" was actually Gen Fukunaga. I didn't believe it at first, but looked it up- his posts at the Funimation official boards and at Anime News Network. I learned some interesting things about this Steven guy...

1. He spent almost a year at the Funimation boards basically defending Funimation nonstop.

2. He is heavily pro-Funimation, and it's his favorite company.

3. He seems to know a lot of "inside info" on Funimation.

4. He pretty much knows perfect Japanese.

5. He repeats and uses many of Funimation's most common arguments and defenses.

6. Throughout 100's of posts, not once has a negative post at Funimation escaped his keyboard.

7. He is highly pro-4Kids.

8. He seems to strongly dislike dbzoa, making fun of them and attacking them fairly frequently.

9. He even admitted who he was when I called him out.

10. Look at my editorial before the Naruto one- it was made in response to his comments.

And there you go. Look him up if you really don't believe me. Even if he isn't Gen Fukunaga or isn't connected with Funimation, these are quite a number of "strange coincidences", wouldn't you agree?

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon May 10, 2004 9:24 am

God, I really cant stand DBZOA sometimes. a lot of their stuff they post is just so damn stupid.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon May 10, 2004 11:15 am

I'm kinda getting a bit tired of it. Joke is well over, and though GSM777 doesn't admit it, he's realised hes made a mistake. weather he wants to use that to be more coherant and not jump to conclusions is beyond me, but for now I dont care.

Let it die for today.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon May 10, 2004 11:21 am

It's slightly hard to forget it when you have an avatar like that.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon May 10, 2004 11:32 am

Then pretend he's dean cain.

It'll still come up though even if I do take it down

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon May 10, 2004 11:52 am

Well, you brielfy had a pencil drawing, and now there's just a big empty box.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon May 10, 2004 11:57 am

its called shitty webspace.

Close this thread

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 10, 2004 6:07 pm

By this logic, does that mean that Julian would be Gen's daughter? :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon May 10, 2004 7:23 pm

Dayspring wrote:
By this logic, does that mean that Julian would be Gen's daughter? :P
I don't follow.

...or, perhaps I do. Ore o "onna" 'tte iu no ka? :x
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 10, 2004 8:33 pm

Um, it's a joke, referring to reason #4 from DBZOA as to why Tablet is Gen (#4 was "He pretty much knows perfect Japanese."). The joke was since you also pretty much know perfect Japanese, that you (and any other person who speeks Japanese) would be somehow related to Gen if we followed DBZOA's stupid logic.

I know you're probably joking, but I don't speek ANY Japanese so I have no idea what you meant by
Ore o "onna" 'tte iu no ka? :x
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon May 10, 2004 8:44 pm

Dayspring wrote:Um, it's a joke, referring to reason #4 from DBZOA as to why Tablet is Gen (#4 was "He pretty much knows perfect Japanese."). The joke was since you also pretty much know perfect Japanese, that you (and any other person who speeks Japanese) would be somehow related to Gen if we followed DBZOA's stupid logic.

I know you're probably joking, but I don't speek ANY Japanese so I have no idea what you meant by
Rough translation, but I think it's something like "So I'm a 'woman'?"

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue May 11, 2004 8:11 am

Oooohhh...My bad, Julian! Yes!

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Tue May 11, 2004 6:35 pm

B-kun wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Um, it's a joke, referring to reason #4 from DBZOA as to why Tablet is Gen (#4 was "He pretty much knows perfect Japanese."). The joke was since you also pretty much know perfect Japanese, that you (and any other person who speeks Japanese) would be somehow related to Gen if we followed DBZOA's stupid logic.

Rough translation, but I think it's something like "So I'm a 'woman'?"

WAHAHHA! :lol: Julian, can I call you Julie???
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue May 11, 2004 6:38 pm

Julian is male, Julie could go either way. I say Juliet. :)

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Tue May 11, 2004 10:13 pm

...*opens mouth to speak* Wait..unlike you guys, I'm not going to risk making a female name joke about Julian.
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue May 11, 2004 10:23 pm

Haha... true.

Just kidding. I know Julian could kick my ass. Kill Fangirls, Julian!

The Great One

Post by The Great One » Tue May 11, 2004 11:50 pm

I don't really have any problems with someone choosing to disbelieve me over the Gen/Naruto stuff but I do have a problem with you lying Steve.

I didn't blackmail you so much as make fun you over the yaoi stuff, after which you declared I was "cruel" and that your life was over and that you'd be abandoning the internet after I linked your post on Dbzoa's main page. (which I never did, fyi) Eventually you changed your mind and declared that "the real Gen would never admit to liking yaoi on the internet" after which you decided to embrace your yaoi side more openly.

As for the topic deleting/closing, well, that didn't really have anything to do with you so much as it did with me having to deal with a psychotic staff member.

And to everybody else- there's really no need for me to spend any time defending myself to you since everything I've said will do so itself when it comes to pass eventually. Once you hear about Bruce Faulconer returning for the redub, listen to Mark Menza's awful music in Movie 9 and hear that 4Kids has licensed Naruto (although he was my first source on this he's not exactly my only one..) there will be plenty of crow pie for you all to eat. Adios.
Last edited by The Great One on Wed May 12, 2004 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.