Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonHermit
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:59 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote: I'm REALLY happy to discuss this :).
That what's exactly happen if you finally let Vanni sing instead of doing that disco stuff.
Hope you enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtRSaeiIVoI
I've heard all of the Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac OPs in Italian :D

My favourite OP ever out of any language or any anime is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHtRxQB4U0w

Maraudos

Post by Maraudos » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am

Italia 1 will host a Dragon Ball Super marathon on Sunday 8th, from 7 pm to midnight. They will be premiering episodes 17-27, therefore broadcasting the entire Freeza saga in one day.

No official reasons for this choice.

It is unlikely that they want to get rid of the show, because they will resume daily programming from the following Monday, broadcasting episode 17.
It is also unlikely that they do this because of bad performance, because the show is averaging around 1'400'000 viewers with a share of around 8% (auditel data, not a precise average), which should be good enough to go on.

Most likely the choice was made to allow school kids who would miss the 1.45 pm time slot to watch the remaining episodes before school opens on Monday 9th. I guess they will also decide pretty soon (unless they have already done it) whether to purchase the rights for the following two sagas at this point.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Maraudos wrote:Italia 1 will host a Dragon Ball Super marathon on Sunday 8th, from 7 pm to midnight. They will be premiering episodes 17-27, therefore broadcasting the entire Freeza saga in one day.
That's quite shocking to hear, but in a good way, because the F saga is better marathoned xD

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:32 pm

This sunday from 7pm to 12pm Italia1 will broadcast "Dragon Ball Super Special Event," which consists in a marathon of episodes 17/27! :)
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 am

Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 am

I dont mean to sound ungrateful, but someone already told us here on this thread.

However I LOVE Press Releases and stuff like that so I sincerely thank you for that!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I dont mean to sound ungrateful, but someone already told us here on this thread.

However I LOVE Press Releases and stuff like that so I sincerely thank you for that!
My bad!
Too much enthusiasm, sorry! :oops:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Enthusiasm is good! Dont worry!

Also I wish Paravision or Telefuturo in Paraguay marathoned stuff like Italia1 does. Paravision used to air up to 1 full hour of Naruto though.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Toyotaro will be in Italy at Napoli Comicon (in Naples) this may for promote DBS manga! :clap:
Source: http://www.starcomics.com/news-item.aspx?News=19698

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Kouga wrote:Toyotaro will be in Italy at Napoli Comicon (in Naples) this may for promote DBS manga! :clap:
Source: http://www.starcomics.com/news-item.aspx?News=19698
WOW!!! That's really cool! Wonder if he'll do a tour through the european countries that release the manga?
BTW: Where is the Italian dub right now?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but how did the marathon do?

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:BTW: Where is the Italian dub right now?
The transmission ended yesterday with the episode 27, the last episode of Golden Frieza's Arc. Episodes 28-52 are in adapting/dubbing process right now, they will be broadcast on TV in a near future.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: how did the marathon do?
Ep 17 1.135.000 spectators
Ep 18 1.142.000
Ep 19 1.161.000
Ep 20 1.295.000
Ep 21 1.326.000
Ep 22 1.380.000
Ep 23 1.289.000
Ep 24 1.368.000
Ep 25 1.313.000
Ep 26 1.160.000
Ep 27 1.193.000
Average: 5,10% / 1.287.000 spectators

Source: Team Saiyajin http://dragonballteamsaiyan.forumfree.it/?t=73522399

Not particularly good for a primetime show, but a very good result for an anime (in Italy).
Last edited by Kouga on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:05 pm

DAMN I wish Anime scored that high here in Paraguay!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Kouga wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:BTW: Where is the Italian dub right now?
The transmission ended yesterday with the episode 27, the last episode of Golden Frieza's Arc. Episodes 28-52 are in adapting/dubbing process right now, they will be broadcast on TV in a near future.
So it's taking a break until season 2 begins :think: ? Uh strange...
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 pm

From Toei Animation european website:

"Building on the successful premiere of Dragon Ball Super on Italia 1 last December, the series, which will soon be broadcast on Boing and Italia 2, is welcoming several key licensees. Giochi Preziosi will launch this Summer a line of back-to-school supplies and stationery, while Preziosi Food will roll out throughout 2017 Easter eggs, small chocolate eggs, salted snacks and pandoro cakes. The deals have been brokered by Starbright Licensing, who will host on April 4th a Dragon Ball Super special event at the Bologna Licensing Fair."

Source: http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1771

Maybe on April 4th we have some news about new episodes!

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Kouga wrote:From Toei Animation european website:

"Building on the successful premiere of Dragon Ball Super on Italia 1 last December, the series, which will soon be broadcast on Boing and Italia 2, is welcoming several key licensees. Giochi Preziosi will launch this Summer a line of back-to-school supplies and stationery, while Preziosi Food will roll out throughout 2017 Easter eggs, small chocolate eggs, salted snacks and pandoro cakes. The deals have been brokered by Starbright Licensing, who will host on April 4th a Dragon Ball Super special event at the Bologna Licensing Fair."

Tutte ottime notizie :D speriamo si sbrighino a cominciare con le repliche, già sento la mancanza degli episodi doppiati in italiano

Curioso di vedere le uova di Pasqua, era forse da anni che non uscivano

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:17 am

Pensare che mi troverò a Bologna esattamente 20 giorni dopo quell'evento mi deprime un sacco :cry: però dai, finalmente nuove notizie, dopo un mese di silenzio!
E finalmente, notizie anche sul merchandising! Francamente, è la cosa che aspettavo con più ansia, forse anche più degli episodi stessi! :lol:

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:25 am

ciccioDM wrote:

Pensare che mi troverò a Bologna esattamente 20 giorni dopo quell'evento mi deprime un sacco :cry: però dai, finalmente nuove notizie, dopo un mese di silenzio!
E finalmente, notizie anche sul merchandising! Francamente, è la cosa che aspettavo con più ansia, forse anche più degli episodi stessi! :lol:
Il fascino degli ovetti con sorpresa è imbattibile, nostalgia dei tempi dello Z e del GT a palla

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Um...I'm really sorry but could you guys translate that? I know I've been guilty of speaking on another language without translating it for everyone else but I would love it if you did it for us just now.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Um...I'm really sorry but could you guys translate that? I know I've been guilty of speaking on another language without translating it for everyone else but I would love it if you did it for us just now.

LOL sorry, you're right
I was basically saying i'm very happy to see merchandise's return in Italy
In all these years, its appeal and spread decreased, I remember in Z and GT years we literally had everything related to the series, like tons of toys, candies, food of any sort, clothes etc

Now it seems super is going to redo this again!!