Your thoughts on the new opening song.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Your thoughts on the new opening song.

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 am

RehBeh wrote:
MyNiggaGoku wrote:Just awesome!! It creates hype while keeping the element of mystery.Animation and art wise,this might be the best looking opening the franchise has seen so far.Overall I'm pretty pleased & I can't wait how things will unfold!!
It has great art-style and animation indeed.
And the episode was pretty looking too.I hope they keep this up!
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:59 am

I think Chouzetsu Dainamikku is better. However, I guess this one is okay as well.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Chouzetsu was cool but I vastly prefer this one. As for the contents of the intro itself, who says they can't spoil things in the intro just cause Goku is fighting the alien dude?
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Chozetsu Dynamic will always be one of my favourites but I could certainly get to like this new song.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 pm

I think it's phenomenal. The vocals are full of energy, lyrics wonderfully relate to the theme of the upcoming arc and the animation in the opening itself is great.

Honestly, I'd say it's the best OP Dragon Ball has had ever.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I think it's phenomenal. The vocals are full of energy, lyrics wonderfully relate to the theme of the upcoming arc and the animation in the opening itself is great.

This nicely sums up my own thoughts. Visually and musically, it's an opening that just makes you very excited about what's to come to a degree that I'm not sure any Dragon Ball opening has ever managed to pull off. That's a tremendous feat in and of itself.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I think it's phenomenal. The vocals are full of energy, lyrics wonderfully relate to the theme of the upcoming arc and the animation in the opening itself is great.

Better than Fight it Out?! *slaps Beerus-sama* hold your tongue!

I will say, it's probably tied with Dragon Soul as the second best one.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

You guys are sleeping on Dan Dan smh. However I do think this one will be my favorite once it completely grows on me.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:19 pm

kinisking wrote:You guys are sleeping on Dan Dan smh. However I do think this one will be my favorite once it completely grows on me.
Dan Dan doesn't have enough Engrish in like Fight It Out ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:20 pm

I vastly prefer this over Chozetsu Dynamic. There was a lot of energy put into the vocals than the first which sounded like Kazuya Yoshii was somewhat bored while singing. The opening animation was also better since like the other users here said, it gets you hyped for the upcoming arc as there is more showing of the main cast kicking some serious ass, new designs for other gods, etc.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

Fight It Out will always remain an classic in my eyes. But the new OP is just so damn great. Sorry to betray you like this. :P

If it means anything to you, Fight It Out is in my top 5 list of best OP's in all of Dragon Ball. :mrgreen:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:35 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:Just awesome!! It creates hype while keeping the element of mystery.Animation and art wise,this might be the best looking opening the franchise has seen so far.Overall I'm pretty pleased & I can't wait how things will unfold!!
Seconded this op is so awesome and is so energetic and the lyrics perfectly sums up goku. And the animation is epic
Mostly active on discord.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

Fight It Out will always remain an classic in my eyes. But the new OP is just so damn great. Sorry to betray you like this. :P

If it means anything to you, Fight It Out is in my top 5 list of best OP's in all of Dragon Ball. :mrgreen:

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:58 pm

I honestly think it's perfect for Dragonball right now. It really showcases the expansion Dragonball lore that was established all the way back in 2013 in Battle of Gods. Really has an epic scope feel to it with a lot of energy.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Chozetsu Dynamic has a nostalgic feel that was perfect as the 1st intro of Dragon Ball Super. I do enjoy the new one much more but Chozetsu Dynamic as the first intro simply hit the spot ( the spot being the hearts of Dragon Ball fans :thumbup: ).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm happy there's energy in the vocals this time. That helps gives it a boost imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Better than Chouzetsu Dynamic by a country mile. The tempo is much closer to what's expected of the series.
Personally, I really disliked the singer they used for the first OP but this new one is great.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:59 pm

The new music makes Super feel like a totally different show. Even that scene when Beerus was thratening Goku in episode 77 the music was very serious.

Great opening though, although it feels like a video game.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:28 am

Its Perfect, I can't stop listening to it, I need the full version :D :D
though I have the same minimal complain as Ki Breaker... Theres too much Goku vs the bald new guy.
ekrolo2 wrote:

Better than Fight it Out?! *slaps Beerus-sama*
Whyyy??? :wtf:
(But I do think this one is far better than Fight it Out :shifty: )
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:55 am

This one is so much better than the first one. It is energetic and has great animation, lyrics accompanying it.