"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Hit is clearly based on a lot of Shonen tough guys like Kenshiro and Jotaro. So is his character, stoic hard asses who are not big on conversation for the most part.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:04 pm

The gr wrote:I'm hoping we don't see a new transformation. I'm hoping is the ssb kaioken perfected or super Saiyan God who agrees with me
I don't really mind too much if it's a new transformation or not. But I'd be cool if he managed to perfect Kaioken by this point.
Vados_chan wrote:Hit is an awful character if you can even call him one. You'd have to have personality to start with. This dude is probably going to be the same, you can tell by looking at him, he has the same serious look that Hit does. Then again i hope i'm wrong.

Meanwhile FemBroly will probably get a joke fight with 18 and become a housewife after marrying Cabba.

AT trolled the Broly fandom :lol:
How did AT troll the fandom when we haven't even seen anything yet? As for Hit, he does have a personality, doesn't mean you have to like it. His personality is quite similar to Tenshinhan's in that they're very stoic guys played straight. I can see why that's boring.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:13 pm

The gr wrote:I'm hoping we don't see a new transformation. I'm hoping is the ssb kaioken perfected or super Saiyan God who agrees with me
It's definitely not SSG hair and aura is completely different.
I mean we haven't had a new transformation for Goku yet in Super (that's new to us) so we're due one tbh.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
It's definitely not SSG hair and aura is completely different.
I mean we haven't had a new transformation for Goku yet in Super (that's new to us) so we're due one tbh.
Ugh I'm just hoping is the kaioken perfected is his new form because honestly I'm sick of seeing hair recolors or transformation
Mostly active on discord.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:18 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
I don't really mind too much if it's a new transformation or not. But I'd be cool if he managed to perfect Kaioken by this point.
Vados_chan wrote:Hit is an awful character if you can even call him one. You'd have to have personality to start with. This dude is probably going to be the same, you can tell by looking at him, he has the same serious look that Hit does. Then again i hope i'm wrong.

Meanwhile FemBroly will probably get a joke fight with 18 and become a housewife after marrying Cabba.

AT trolled the Broly fandom :lol:
How did AT troll the fandom when we haven't even seen anything yet? As for Hit, he does have a personality, doesn't mean you have to like it. His personality is quite similar to Tenshinhan's in that they're very stoic guys played straight. I can see why that's boring.
Hit does have a personality. He's very respectful to his kills and even promises to visit Goku's grave. He's got a lot of pride in his abilities and it shows when he talks about them always working. He's also had character development as he continues to enjoy fighting with Goku more and more. In fact he has a much more developed personality than Vados. The only interesting thing about Vados is her relationship with Champa. Don't get me wrong, I love it but we don't know much about her at all.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Noah wrote:Its not by the tournament itself, but its format that highly resembles Multiverse fan comic.
Considering how the fights are team-based rather than one-on-one...I don't think so. Really don't see any comparisons outside of the base comparison. The idea of the Multiverse comic was to have all of these universes that are alternate versions of the main universe. Aka what if Vegeta and the Saiyans were still alive, what if Boo absorbed the entire unvierse, what if all Namekians fused into one, etc. It's stuff like that rather than radically different concepts and ideas in each universe.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:08 pm

- New updated Ending-

I wonder if the last part "They say the world is waiting for me" with Goku going away now is a foreshadowing to EOZ or something else that will happen to Goku.
He only thinks about fighting and he's about to meet the strongest guys of other Universes.

Even after the tournaments ends I'm having a hard time picturing him calm and not interested anymore, after he gets a taste of how big the world is and how much more could be waiting for him out there.

If I recall correctly this is also the first ending this franchise ever had that ends with Goku going away. It could be nothing, but it could also have a meaning.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:- New updated Ending-

I wonder if the last part "They say the world is waiting for me" with Goku going away now is a foreshadowing to EOZ or something else that will happen to Goku.
He only thinks about fighting and he's about to meet the strongest guys of other Universes.

Even after the tournaments ends I'm having a hard time picturing him calm and not interested anymore, after he gets a taste of how big the world is and how much more could be waiting for him out there.

If I recall correctly this is also the first ending this franchise ever had that ends with Goku going away. It could be nothing, but it could also have a meaning.
You know the ending is gonna change before the arc ends, right? when this arc ends there will probably be an ending with random things that got nothing to do with what's happening just like the previews ones.

J.T. Drago

Post by J.T. Drago » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:38 pm

(Hello. Newcomer here. :P)

Thinking about the new arc, a lot of thoughts have popped into my mind about what might happen and what can happen. Like, before the tournament, the Gods of Destruction had to pick 10 fighters, right? I wonder how many of these fighters don't really want to fight but had no choice. Heck, I wonder how many refused and didn't realize how powerful their God of Destruction are and paid the ultimate price. I mean, we don't really know how trigger happy the other Gods of Destruction are compared to Beerus and Champa, but I imagine some could be a lot worse.

Speaking of, considering Champa almost destroyed his entire team for losing, it's possible the other GoD might end up killing off their entire team because they lost, and there's no doubt in my mind the teams that lose (after the reveal of Omni King destroying universes) will be devastated emotionally since everyone they know and love will be gone because they lost. If the Super Dragon Balls aren't the prize for winning, then I do see it a bit problematic if the entire set isn't in one Universe. I don't see 11 of the 12 universes being gone for good though.

And of course there's Goku. Even though he didn't know the Omni King would add such a rule, he's gonna be feeling some serious guilt throughout the entire thing since it is his fault. Safe to say some, including Vegeta and Beerus are gonna hold it against him, big time.

I might be overthinking things though. Still, this arc could be potentially very interesting.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:00 pm

So no one's going to mention how unbelievably jacked this new guy is ?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:15 pm

kinisking wrote:So no one's going to mention how unbelievably jacked this new guy is ?
Get swole bruh

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:18 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
kinisking wrote:So no one's going to mention how unbelievably jacked this new guy is ?
Get swole bruh
So many people have been complaining about muscle size in Super but I haven't seen one person talking about how muscular this guy is. Kind of surprising.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:19 pm

Those muscles are incredible, no homo though
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Noah wrote:Those muscles are incredible, no homo though
Are you sure?! It looked that way. :P
kinisking wrote: So many people have been complaining about muscle size in Super but I haven't seen one person talking about how muscular this guy is. Kind of surprising.
I'm one of those people and you're right. Now I want to complain why that female cat looks just like Beerus. :lol:
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:27 pm

We already saw female broly, so this is not a surprise, at least to me.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Fem Broly and buff alien should fight everyone else and win.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:30 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Are you sure?! It looked that way. :P
Yea, I'm sure lol

On other subject: it seems these guys are wearing the same clothes indicating they are in the same team, and is that guy that looks like Beerus, a catman like him or a rabbit? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Noah wrote: On other subject: it seems these guys are wearing the same clothes indicating they are in the same team, and is that guy that looks like Beerus, a catman like him or a rabbit? :think:
I was thinking it looked like a female of Beerus' race.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I was thinking it looked like a female of Beerus' race.
But something in her/his ears and nose is making me think she's a rabbit
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 pm

J.T. Drago wrote:(Hello. Newcomer here. :P)

Thinking about the new arc, a lot of thoughts have popped into my mind about what might happen and what can happen. Like, before the tournament, the Gods of Destruction had to pick 10 fighters, right? I wonder how many of these fighters don't really want to fight but had no choice. Heck, I wonder how many refused and didn't realize how powerful their God of Destruction are and paid the ultimate price. I mean, we don't really know how trigger happy the other Gods of Destruction are compared to Beerus and Champa, but I imagine some could be a lot worse.

Speaking of, considering Champa almost destroyed his entire team for losing, it's possible the other GoD might end up killing off their entire team because they lost, and there's no doubt in my mind the teams that lose (after the reveal of Omni King destroying universes) will be devastated emotionally since everyone they know and love will be gone because they lost. If the Super Dragon Balls aren't the prize for winning, then I do see it a bit problematic if the entire set isn't in one Universe. I don't see 11 of the 12 universes being gone for good though.

And of course there's Goku. Even though he didn't know the Omni King would add such a rule, he's gonna be feeling some serious guilt throughout the entire thing since it is his fault. Safe to say some, including Vegeta and Beerus are gonna hold it against him, big time.

I might be overthinking things though. Still, this arc could be potentially very interesting.
As a Goku fan myself, I legit want people to call Goku out. Not just other Gods and their participants, but members of U7 as well. I also want Goku to legit feel some genuine guilt from this. As for his (most likely) newest rival, bro is jacked like crazy.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi