Goku becoming Evil

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HyugaProdigy

Goku becoming Evil

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:24 am

It's seem episode 77 portrayed goku as the villain. Anyone notice how cruel and calculated Goku's being, His tone changed, the music became sinister. I feel like Goku is changing in a bad way...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKdmoPZZUWo

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If you saw the new openin when he is in red aura he smiles like black. In a way i think that's an expression of how Goku's addiction to fighting has gotten to him. His childish nature has finally implemented more of the cruel and calculating natures of the saiyan race, i think that form might be a darker representation of Goku's full fighting potential, bringing out a more..BRUTAL fighting style of him. Oh and it's just that he's powerful in general, RIGHT?! I Mean..that's ovbious.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Goku becoming Evil

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:30 am

That would be an intresting thing to do, he becomes so obsessed with fighting that he stops caring about everyone and it begings to be visible through this new form and his fighting style.

I don't know if they'll do this but the opening strongly hints at something off about him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:32 am

People see something off because they want to see it. I just see Goku being focused on the fight in the intro.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:33 am

mute_proxy wrote:People see something off because they want to see it. I just see Goku being focused on the fight in the intro.
I'd agree if it wasn't for that picture above. it has an evil vibe to it.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:37 am

I don't think anyone can deny that Goku is a danger to himself and those around him. Especially these days. However I don't think anything we've seen indicated Goku turning evil.

That one scene was serious because Beerus was considering destroying Goku because Goku wants to poke the bear. Again. This is a bear that eats universes and plays with planets for fun. Of course it was serious.

The smile doesn't mean evil. He has looked like that before. That's just his face. If the aura weren't dark red would it still look evil? I don't know. I've seen a couple other suggest this else where and I think it's just over thinking.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 am

Boo Machine wrote:If the aura weren't dark red would it still look evil? I don't know.
No, maybe this new form brings out a Saiyan's true nature ? or maybe someone did something to Goku like take over him.

Why go with that kind of coloring if it doesn't mean anything ?

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:44 am

sintzu wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:If the aura weren't dark red would it still look evil? I don't know.
No, maybe this new form brings out a Saiyan's true nature ? or maybe someone did something to Goku like take over him.

Same reason for almost any other coloring. For the cool factor. This shade of red had been used with Kio- ken hasn't it? I remember an Dragonaball Kai opening where he uses Kaio ken and it was this shade of red.

Also I can't remember the last time the "Saiyan nature" angle has been used aside from the obvious "Likes to throw punches" aspect.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:46 am

No, Goku isn't turning evil...
The situation is even worse than that...
Goku is getting even more stubborn, selfish and lacks one bit of common sense.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:54 am

Boo Machine wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Same reason for almost any other coloring. For the cool factor. This shade of red had been used with Kio- ken hasn't it? I remember an Dragonaball Kai opening where he uses Kaio ken and it was this shade of red.

Also I can't remember the last time the "Saiyan nature" angle has been used aside from the obvious "Likes to throw punches" aspect.
Except half of his face was covered in shadow and during the whole red form segment, Goku was covered in the darkness and then give a glimpse of a lightning revealing half of his face with that evil smirk.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:56 am

HyugaProdigy wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Except half of his face was covered in shadow and during the whole red form segment, Goku was covered in the darkness and only give a glimpse of a lightning revealing half of his face with that evil smirk.
I've seen pieces of merchandise do that. Doesn't mean he is evil. Plus I feel like since we just had an evil Goku, making actual Goku evil would just be redundant.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:01 am

I haven't watched any of Super yet except for the first two episodes, though I've always intended to at some point. This could be really incredibly, amazingly cool if it's pulled off well. The part where Piccolo tears into Goku during the Cell Games (and his regret afterwards) is one of my favorite scenes in the series, and this could potentially stretch out that kind of dilemma across an entire story arc. This could really be a goldmine for character development and internal conflict.

And I just love the contrast between this menacing, borderline villainous version of Goku and the completely inoffensive sweet little kid he used to be.

Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:02 am

HyugaProdigy wrote:Except half of his face was covered in shadow and during the whole red form segment, Goku was covered in the darkness and only give a glimpse of a lightning revealing half of his face with that evil smirk.
No, it's not an evil smirk is a confident one. Or a simle like when Goku finds a good sparring partner fom himself, he is addicted to fighting, you know(but nowdays this trait is over-the-top).
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:06 am

Low Tone G wrote:No, it's not an evil smirk is a confident one. Or a simle like when Goku finds a good sparring partner fom himself, he is addicted to fighting, you know(but nowdays this trait is over-the-top).
We'll see

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:15 am

So, people are doing the whole "NEW TRANSFORMATION OMG" thing for that short Kaioken scene huh.. Not surprised :lol:

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:58 am

mute_proxy wrote:People see something off because they want to see it. I just see Goku being focused on the fight in the intro.
Essentially this. If anything, his fight obsession might get called out by more than a few people and hopefully by a majority of people (I would love this), as well as him feeling actual guilt. But as for him becoming evil? I don't really feel that's likely, nor am I interested in Goku turning evil.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:52 am

mute_proxy wrote:So, people are doing the whole "NEW TRANSFORMATION OMG" thing for that short Kaioken scene huh.. Not surprised :lol:
Not Kaioken though. Different colour no blue aura, hair is also different. We've seen Kaioken twice it doesn't make sense for that to be an ambiguous tease.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:04 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:So, people are doing the whole "NEW TRANSFORMATION OMG" thing for that short Kaioken scene huh.. Not surprised :lol:
Not Kaioken though. Different colour no blue aura, hair is also different. We've seen Kaioken twice it doesn't make sense for that to be an ambiguous tease.
Watch Goku powering up on Namek infront of Ginyu. The intensity is the same and the color. There is no Blue aura because he's not emitting it, not even before going Kaioken. I like the idea of him mastering the Kaioken.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:20 am

We had black just now, we are not having another evil Goku..
Goku just acted like an asshole because he wanted to fight, nothing more nothing less
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:35 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
There is a blue aura. When Goku cuts the aura in two you can see blue between the red.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:36 am

I don't think he will become evil. I did, however, like what Beerus said about Goku's naivety being dangerous.

Hypothetically speaking though, it wouldn't be a half bad idea Goku slowly growing evil because of his fighting addiction. Remember how, in the episode with Krillin (episode 75, I think), when Goku spars with him wearing that heavy turtle suit, Krillin tells him not to go super saiyan because he might be careless enough to hurt him - unless I misread that dialog, in which case I apologize for the misunderstandng.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.