"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:38 am

precita wrote:But these are a bunch of flea-ridden wolves. They look like the kind of characters in the tournaments back in Dragonball, the one who Yamcha beat in particular in the preliminaries.

These disgusting wolves being on par with Buu and two godly Saiyans just doesn't feel right. Hopefully the scene of Goku beating the crap out of the wolf in the opening is how the match goes. Disgusting furry animals.
How is this any different from the stupid Monkeys that dared to challenge Lord Frieza or the filthy Ningen who committed the sin of defying our Lord and savior Zamasu?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:42 am

I absolutely love those Wolves design. Wonder how many episodes will this preliminary match last?

U7 is obviously winning it, but I don't think the Zenos will wipe out U9 or else there would be 11 universes for the proper tournament.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:49 am

emperior wrote:I absolutely love those Wolves design. Wonder how many episodes will this preliminary match last?

U7 is obviously winning it, but I don't think the Zenos will wipe out U9 or else there would be 11 universes for the proper tournament.
I'm betting on no more than 3 at max for this exhibition match between U7 and U9. I do like that the exhibition doesn't even start until 79 if the spoilers are anything to go by. I'm going to say 2 episodes will be the exhibition match.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:50 am

DBZ Macky wrote:Knowing Toriyama, there's definitely some name puns in here. Anyone got anything?
Infact: Bergamot, Basil and Lavender are culinary herbs! :lol:
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 am

Seeing as how Gohan has had no time to train yet, I'm kind of half guessing he might lose his match. If it means he realizes he needs to train from the match though, I'm okay with that, but at least make the fight intense!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:57 am

I think it'll be a clean sweep for the main characters. Clearly two of the wolves will be weaker than the leader, the one Goku faces anyway.

DbzRab

Post by DbzRab » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:01 am

Does anybody think that the outcome of this arc may result to the two zenos turning on eachother? Maybe future Zeno is so hell bent on the destruction of the losing universe, in contrast to present Zeno who actually changes his mind/feelings on that. Maybe his relationship with goku prior to future Zeno arriving may play a part?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 am

DbzRab wrote:Does anybody think that the outcome of this arc may result to the two zenos turning on eachother? Maybe future Zeno is so hell bent on the destruction of the losing universe, in contrast to present Zeno who actually changes his mind/feelings on that. Maybe his relationship with goku prior to future Zeno arriving may play a part?
Zeno doesn't have cognisance of the consequences of good, evil, life, death, etc. Although we obviously don't know for sure, that outcome is very unlikely.
Retired.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 am

precita wrote:
HeroR wrote:
precita wrote:A bunch of wolves as strong as Goku, Gohan and Majin Buu? I really hope Goku only toys around with them and Gohan and Buu get good wins, because this is insulting.
Why? Buu is walking pink pudding. Losing to him is insulting.
Fat Buu is one of the most powerful beings ever created and he can regenerate even when blown apart. Seeing these wolves beat up Fat Buu would be an insult to those of us who remember how terrifying Fat Buu was in the Buu saga.
This isn't Fat Buu. This is Good Buu, the difference is huge.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 am

I really like Basil's design, he appears to be an asshole. Hopefully that means he has some personality.
Can't wait to see Mr.Boo and Gohan fight again. I'm liking the build up towards the tournament.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:34 am

So does universe 9 get destroyed or not and is Goku actually going to recruit all 10 before choosing 3?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:39 am

So Goku,Gohan and Boo? couldnt ask for a better lineup myself.
Also I am glad that Boo finally got to actually fight, previous tournament was a big downer.
Boo's got this! just 3 big dogs, nothin to worry about.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:46 am

So, Vegeta is waiting for Bra to be born and what about Piccolo ? He's still with Dende ? I recall that in the Saiyaman filler episodes, Goten said he was busy doing something with Dende.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:51 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:So, Vegeta is waiting for Bra to be born and what about Piccolo ? He's still with Dende ? I recall that in the Saiyaman filler episodes, Goten said he was busy doing something with Dende.
Piccolo is probably in the mountains training like we were shown and maybe they can't find him.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:53 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Boo's got this! just 3 big dogs, nothin to worry about.
Oh no, what if he doesn't want to hurt the doggos? :shock:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 am

Lek wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Buu better not turn him Basil into chocolate and get disqualified so all we see is Saiayans which is bad.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 am

Lek wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Maybe the reason he's laughing (as it says in the spoiler) is because the wolf moves like a dog would and he is reminded of Bee? I could totally see that happening haha

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:02 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:So, Vegeta is waiting for Bra to be born and what about Piccolo ? He's still with Dende ? I recall that in the Saiyaman filler episodes, Goten said he was busy doing something with Dende.
Piccolo is probably in the mountains training like we were shown and maybe they can't find him.
Goku can sense ki and it probably didn't want him because he's a weakling compared to Gohan and Buu. Goku barely wanted Piccolo the first time.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:05 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:Goten said he was busy doing something with Dende.
:eh: :think: What could he be doing?
Does the God of Earth have any actual duties? I can't recall.
Kouga wrote:Infact: Bergamot, Basil and Lavender are culinary herbs! :lol:
Nice catch! I was aware that Basil is a herb and just realized about Lavender, but haven't heard of Bergamot.

I like how all of the characters (except Polunga, Popo, etc.) are basically puns. Yet another thing I like about Toriyama :)
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:09 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Goku can sense ki and it probably didn't want him because he's a weakling compared to Gohan and Buu. Goku barely wanted Piccolo the first time.
I thought someone like you would reply to me with a comment which makes no sense when Goku knows he needs 10 and will have to use them at some point. Also, what about Vegeta? He has no excuse not to fight and would be worse than Gohan with his excuses knowing that the consequences of Universe 7 losing this match.

Vegeta and Piccolo probably then have a good chance of fighting in the next match.