"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Gohan having muscles will probably mean it is just a design choice and not that he has got stronger.
Probably, but that's how he should look. Definitely not like that anorexic guy wearing a green tracksuit we got in ROF and since Super started.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks to Toei we could also confirm the Clown group is from Universe 11. :thumbup:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Gohan having muscles will probably mean it is just a design choice and not that he has got stronger.
Probably, but that's how he should look. Definitely not like that anorexic guy wearing a green tracksuit we got in ROF and since Super started.
Or it just gives credibility to the possibility that Gohan has been training and has gotten stronger.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:41 am

kinisking wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Or it just gives credibility to the possibility that Gohan has been training and has gotten stronger.
What happened with Goku and Gohan in episode 75 makes it seem he has done nothing.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:42 am

perucho1990 wrote:Thanks to Toei we could also confirm the Clown group is from Universe 11. :thumbup:
Yeah.The cloaked guy next to him who probably is the buff alien Goku fights in the opening is also from Universe 11 then.Guess we found out which universe is going to be important outside of 6/7.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:42 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: Probably, but that's how he should look. Definitely not like that anorexic guy wearing a green tracksuit we got in ROF and since Super started.
What happened with Goku and Gohan in episode 75 makes it seem he has done nothing.
Gohan putting up a good fight with Goku makes it seem he has done nothing ?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:44 am

kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote: Or it just gives credibility to the possibility that Gohan has been training and has gotten stronger.
He said only Saiyaman would fight with Goku while Gohan does not.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:45 am

MyNiggaGoku wrote: Yeah.The cloaked guy next to him who probably is the buff alien Goku fights in the opening is also from Universe 11 then.Guess we found out which universe is going to be important outside of 6/7.
Yeah we just need to know who else will join U6,U7 and U11 in the semifinals.

I would want for U10 to be there because Gowasu doesnt deserve to be eliminated in the first round after what happened in the Trunks Arc.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:46 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Sorry to ruin your surprise, but they're the same person. That doesn't say anything about his strength, just his personality .

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:51 am

kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote: Gohan putting up a good fight with Goku makes it seem he has done nothing ?
Sorry to ruin your surprise, but they're the same person. That doesn't say anything about his strength, just his personality .
There is zero evidence he is training. Every time he might change he goes straight back to normal nerdy Gohan.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:52 am

I kinda hope the guy who looks like a fish in the opening will be named Pōto (from Port wine), cuz Portugal is kinda known for Port wine and codfish xD
Last edited by omegalucas on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:55 am

Hers said on twitter Basil likes to kick people and Bergamo uses poison.

Not looking for Goku because he has a terrible record vs Poison Users(Frost for example).

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:55 am

The Kaioshin from Universe 11 is named Kai?

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:56 am

perucho1990 wrote:
MyNiggaGoku wrote: Yeah.The cloaked guy next to him who probably is the buff alien Goku fights in the opening is also from Universe 11 then.Guess we found out which universe is going to be important outside of 6/7.
Yeah we just need to know who else will join U6,U7 and U11 in the semifinals.

I would want for U10 to be there because Gowasu doesnt deserve to be eliminated in the first round after what happened in the Trunks Arc.
I wanna see some interaction with U10 & their reactions for the Zamasu incident(if they know about it,except from Gowasu)
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

KaiserAcedia

Post by KaiserAcedia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:57 am

Buu could power up pretty nice in this tournament, if he absorbs some participants. I don't think that this will happen, but there lies potential. ^^ Can't wait for Herms translations for U9. :)

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:58 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
There is zero evidence he is training. Every time he might change he goes straight back to normal nerdy Gohan.
Zero evidence besides for an actual scene showing him training lmao. Him training isn't going to change that he likes being a scholar. Training is going to change his power level ,not his personality.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:02 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Hers said on twitter Basil likes to kick people and Bergamo uses poison.

Not looking for Goku because he has a terrible record vs Poison Users(Frost for example).
Has Goku fought any other poison user other than Frost? I legit can't remember.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:05 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Hers said on twitter Basil likes to kick people and Bergamo uses poison.

Bergamo will probably do good in his fight with Goku becuase of the poison and the opening probably shows the bit before Bergamo uses his poison.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Rooting for the unbelievable here..
Goku loses to poison guy and gohan takes him and the other fighter out
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Bergamo is a popular city, here in northern Italy.
Maybe doggos are from our universe after all... :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D