Try to razionalize "stupid" desicions made by characters throughout the franchise

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Try to razionalize "stupid" desicions made by characters throughout the franchise

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:49 pm

In this "game" an user brings a desicion made by a character that they consider to be stupid and another one has to give a razional explanation to that user as to why said desicion was not stupid. For sake of organization it would be ideal to deal with one character per user calling out their "stupid" desicions.
This include but is not limited to all animated media in the franchise as well as its manga counterpart.

I´ll begin:

Stupid desicion made by Piccolo in the Freeza Arc: Piccolo asking to be sent to Namek just after wishing to be revieved to bring back God on Earth and restoring the Dragon Balls
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Try to razionalize "stupid" desicions made by characters throughout the franchise

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Piccolo went to Namek to fight and you have to admit he was helpful in the beginning after fusing with Nail. Also, he needed the fusion with Nail in order to keep up before SSJ2 appeared.

Here's mine: Bulma brings Baby Trunks to watch the fight with the Androids. Seriously, how dumb can you get?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Try to razionalize "stupid" desicions made by characters throughout the franchise

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Seems like a fun enough idea, and I do love fun little discussions on stuff like this.
floofychan333 wrote:Here's mine: Bulma brings Baby Trunks to watch the fight with the Androids. Seriously, how dumb can you get?
Well, in all fairness, she did probably think that Goku and them would have taken care of the Androids by then. They did all but nothing but train for three years for crying out loud! :P

Guess I'll go in with one that I know a lot of people love to throw out there, but I defend myself, just to see what defense someone else would come up with - Kuririn destroys the remote to disable Android 18 instead of doing so and killing her. Stop thinking with your crotch man!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 pm

I think Krillin also didn't truly think 18 was evil, so he didn't want her to deactivate her which would essentially mean killing her. If Goku could let Piccolo and Vegeta go when they were evil, why couldn't Krillin give 18 the benefit of the doubt?

Why didn't Piccolo fuse with Kami when the Saiyans were coming to Earth if he knew that would increase his power? In the Cell arc it seems he always knew that, so why not do it before the Saiyans showed up?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:36 pm

My guess is so that he would still have the Dragonballs in case piccolo would ever need them. Heck it's the reason everyone wanted to keep him alive. Even the saiyans at one point.

Was Piccolo aware of his heritage in the Saiyan arc? I can't remember the exact moment he found out. Because if not, then he probably wasn't aware fusion was a thing he could even do until he met Nail.

Why did no one look for the Dragonballs to search and destroy the androids and Gero? It was brought up and shot down, but I'm surprised no one was willing to do it on their own just because Goku and a couple others didn't want to. With the way Trunks describes his horrifying future I'd assume that someone would be a little more cautious.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 pm

I think I recall Goku saying that Dr Gero hadn't done anything bad yet, so it wouldn't be fair to kill him over an evil act he had yet to commit. Plus, the Z-Fighters were looking for a challenge. The was the only legitimate excuse given.

Why in God's name did Goku give Cell a senzu? It still boggles my mind to this day. Never mind that Goku had no idea just how strong Cell was, but it was already an insane gamble to throw Gohan into the lions den without any plan and just hoping that he'd be able to spontaneously tap into the hidden power that he saw when he was training with Gohan in the ROSAT and defeat Cell. I don't give a shit how much Goku loves fighting and a good competition. That was such a fucking reckless thing to do. It essentially put Gohan at a disadvantage. And for what? A fair fight? Fuck that nonsense. Give me a legitimate reason why Goku pulled a stunt like that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Bardock saying that they would soon be tracked down by their scouters if they flee with Goku. If they would be tracked down, shouldn't they just... you know... Throw away their scouters!? :crazy:

No one tracked down Tarble, by the way. Well, not until Abo and Cado (although we don't know if they tracked him down, or met him because they would attack the planet), but it took years for it to happen.
Last edited by Grimlock on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 pm

He was confident in Gohan.

That's it.

Why didn't King Cold transform?

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:Bardock saying that they would soon be tracked down by their scouters if they flee with Goku. If they would be tracked down, shouldn't they just... you know... Throw away their scouters!? :crazy:
Maybe they meant Freeza would use his scouters to track their energy since they had not learned ki suppression?

Next one, why did Freeza not do a few push ups (for literally just a few days) to reach, like, SSJ3 level before going to Earth?

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Gog wrote:He was confident in Gohan.

That's it.

Why didn't King Cold transform?
Probably simply because he couldn't. I figure Freeza was the man of the household and surpassed even his father.

Why didn't Raditz finish off Goku before turning his attention to the unconscious Gohan? He was in the middle of doing that anyway before he was interrupted, and it's not like Gohan's going anywhere. Just imagine how much trouble he could've avoided if he finished what he started.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Why didn't the Z Fighters realize Gohan was alive in the Buu Saga?

Not so much a stupid decision, but a stupid moment nonetheless.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:40 pm

The Z fighter's didn't believe Gohan to be alive, they believed that he was dead. However they still would have revived him regardless.

Why the hell did Cell become dumber the closer he got too perfection?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Why didn't the Z Fighters realize Gohan was alive in the Buu Saga?

They weren't able to sense his energy and he disappeared off of the planet in the middle of the arc.

One more: Why didn't they revive Goku immediately when Majin Buu arrived?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:26 am

floofychan333 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Why didn't the Z Fighters realize Gohan was alive in the Buu Saga?

They weren't able to sense his energy and he disappeared off of the planet in the middle of the arc.

Cause Goku never said he wanted to be revived, and would have probably refused their wish again.

Another one: why didn't Goku/Kibito Kai teleport to Earth to take all the fighters and bring them to help against Kid Buu, once Earth was restored? You might argue that probably not even Gohan and Gotenks would have done much against Buu but it was worth a try in my opinion. The arc would still probably end with the Genkidama.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:10 am

Goku not finishin off Fat Buu

1. Goku's no longer a person of Living Realm. Not supposed to do unwanted stuffs. Check

2 He wanted Next Gen fighters to take over savior role considering their immense potential. Check

3. Goku finishing off Fat Buu would only result in ridiculous end. A dead guy with 1 day pass not only helped Djinn's ressurection but freakin wiped off the supposedly final, strongest, boss baddy of the franchise within a day of his ressurection. Woila! Forget Gohan's training in Kaioshin Realm. Forget Fusion. Forget Majin Veggie's epic sacrifice & his ressurection.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 am

Piccolo immediately wrecking his Saibaman and telling Vegeta not to waste time even though the whole reason they're there is to buy time for Goku to arrive.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:25 pm

emperior wrote: Cause Goku never said he wanted to be revived, and would have probably refused their wish again.

Another one: why didn't Goku/Kibito Kai teleport to Earth to take all the fighters and bring them to help against Kid Buu, once Earth was restored? You might argue that probably not even Gohan and Gotenks would have done much against Buu but it was worth a try in my opinion. The arc would still probably end with the Genkidama.
Gotenks and Gohan would've stomped Boo. In the manga, Kid is vastly inferior to pretty much every version of Super Boo, including absorption. That's the dramatic/writing reason it doesn't happen, in-universe..... Goku's an assho- Oh wait, he suggests it later on instead of the Spirit Bomb..... I guess Vegeta's an asshole then?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Snow_Lilies

Post by Snow_Lilies » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:06 am

precita wrote: Why didn't Piccolo fuse with Kami when the Saiyans were coming to Earth if he knew that would increase his power? In the Cell arc it seems he always knew that, so why not do it before the Saiyans showed up?
Sorry to break the chain on the game. The first Piccolo hears about the potential of this is from a dying Nail on Namek. Nail tells him that it's unfortunate that Piccolo didn't return as his former self (the son of Katatz) because he would've been able to take on Freeza if he had and Piccolo is surprised at this.

Relevant scene:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 pm

emperior wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:

Cause Goku never said he wanted to be revived, and would have probably refused their wish again.

If Goku teleported back to Earth, Buu could have teleported as well and destroy it again.

Goku enticing Zeno into doing the Universe Survival tournament.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm

successoroffate wrote:
emperior wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:

If Goku teleported back to Earth, Buu could have teleported as well and destroy it again.

Goku enticing Zeno into doing the Universe Survival tournament.
Goku just wanted a tournament. There's was no way in hell he could have predicted that such a stipulation like every universe being destroyed for their corresponding team losing would be applied. I chalk that one down as naivety more than stupidity. I mean, Goku was warned about talking to Zeno, but it wasn't in specifically in regards to how he would create the stipulations for the multiverse tournament.

Why didn't Goku not transform into a SSJ3 and defeat SSJ2 Majin Vegeta in three seconds?