The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:02 pm

The designs are all different which is the best thing.

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Image
This god is absolutely terrifying.
My first thought when I saw that God of Destruction: Argonian Midget.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:25 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:The designs are all different which is the best thing.
Agreed. My initial fear is that we were gonna get Beerus and Champa clones, but the sheer diversity in the designs of the Hakaishin's is just spectacular.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:52 pm

kinisking wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
kinisking wrote: The mouse seems pretty popular. I don't understand why though. It kind of just seems like a generic mouse. I like the Cleopatra and clown one too but I think the clown could've been much better.

I'm kind of dissapointed by the GoD's though. I like the clown, Cleopatra , Merman, Beerus, and Fox designs only. I'm extremely pleased with the Kaioshin and Angel designs though. Especially the Kaioshin. They're almost all gold.
How do u know the Mouse is one of the most popular?

Because Clown, Ganesha are the ones that have gotten the most fanarts out of the Hakaishins so far.
I've seen a lot of people saying they like his design around the internet. I mean I don't know for sure (nor did I act like I did ) , but from my experience he seems popular.

Ganesha is another one that I'm surprised by. I'll admit he looked better in the episode than he did in the preview, but I'm not completely sold on him yet.
Fair enough and respected. I just like the design, he's got a face that makes me want to punch it. I agree the Clown design could have been better, but I like it nonetheless. Honestly though, Beerus and Cleo have my absolute favorite designs of all the GoDs.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:11 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Because Clown, Ganesha are the ones that have gotten the most fanarts out of the Hakaishins so far.
I've seen a lot of people saying they like his design around the internet. I mean I don't know for sure (nor did I act like I did ) , but from my experience he seems popular.

Ganesha is another one that I'm surprised by. I'll admit he looked better in the episode than he did in the preview, but I'm not completely sold on him yet.
Fair enough and respected. I just like the design, he's got a face that makes me want to punch it. I agree the Clown design could have been better, but I like it nonetheless. Honestly though, Beerus and Cleo have my absolute favorite designs of all the GoDs.
I like Cleo a lot too. I've seen some complaints about excessive makeup but it makes her more of a unique design and I appreciate that.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:The designs are all different which is the best thing.
Agreed. My initial fear is that we were gonna get Beerus and Champa clones, but the sheer diversity in the designs of the Hakaishin's is just spectacular.
Same here. I wonder if the «twin universes» is still a thing trough. I mean, there is a member of their race between the fighters, so either they came from U-whatever (11 I suppose) and for some reason became Hakaishins of U6 and U7, or there are members of their race in more than two universes, which would contradict the twin universes idea. If Brolyne is a saiyan as is from an univerde that is not U6 it would contradict it as well.

Now that I think about it we really need more details about how a ningen becomes a Hakaishin. Who choses it? The previous one? And how do they become connected to a Kaioshin? Do they need to be at a certain level of power or just being the best in the universe is enough? Why both Beerus and Champa are so powerful and somehow with a longer timespan than Shinjins themselves? How does a Hakaishin get Hakai ability?

So many questions :crazy:
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:43 pm

kinisking wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote: I've seen a lot of people saying they like his design around the internet. I mean I don't know for sure (nor did I act like I did ) , but from my experience he seems popular.

I like Cleo a lot too. I've seen some complaints about excessive makeup but it makes her more of a unique design and I appreciate that.
If she's really Egyptian based, then her wearing all that makeup somewhat makes sense. I also don't really have a problem with it myself.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:43 pm

kinisking wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
kinisking wrote: The mouse seems pretty popular. I don't understand why though. It kind of just seems like a generic mouse. I like the Cleopatra and clown one too but I think the clown could've been much better.

I'm kind of dissapointed by the GoD's though. I like the clown, Cleopatra , Merman, Beerus, and Fox designs only. I'm extremely pleased with the Kaioshin and Angel designs though. Especially the Kaioshin. They're almost all gold.

Pretty sure part of «Ganesha» popularity is related to the almighty Godtuber Gowasu :lol:
He should have been in the FT arc anyway.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:01 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: Fair enough and respected. I just like the design, he's got a face that makes me want to punch it. I agree the Clown design could have been better, but I like it nonetheless. Honestly though, Beerus and Cleo have my absolute favorite designs of all the GoDs.
If she's really Egyptian based, then her wearing all that makeup somewhat makes sense. I also don't really have a problem with it myself.
I've seen some edits that just turn here into the generic cute anime girl and I just had to roll my eyes.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 pm

kinisking wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote: I like Cleo a lot too. I've seen some complaints about excessive makeup but it makes her more of a unique design and I appreciate that.
I've seen some edits that just turn here into the generic cute anime girl and I just had to roll my eyes.
Yeah, I can see how that'd be a turnoff. I can't say I've seen these edits, but they sound cringeworthy lol. People changing the way she looks just cause they don't like it. I ended up liking her more than I thought I initially would, and she really has one of my favorite designs. Now I'm just awaiting to get some more screen time for her.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:50 am

MisteryOne wrote:Same here. I wonder if the «twin universes» is still a thing trough. I mean, there is a member of their race between the fighters, so either they came from U-whatever (11 I suppose) and for some reason became Hakaishins of U6 and U7, or there are members of their race in more than two universes, which would contradict the twin universes idea.
Yes, the twelve universes (& races, by extension) are still paired. Beerus & Champa are merely brothers of the same position so there's no apparent contradiction there. Hakaishin isn't a birthright, after all. I don't think it's a particular requirement for Hakaishin to be born in their governing universe.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:06 am

Look like I get to update this.

Universe 2 - Hakishin - Helles "The God of Destruction of Universe 2. Is extraordinarily beauty contuses and doese not do well with anything ugly"

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

From Herms it seems her name might be Helles or Jerez.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:33 am

And new fighter has been updated,hes from universe 11 Image his name is toppo and his bio is,Leader of the hero team 'Pride Trooper' to protect the peace of the 11th universe. A warrior of righteous Justice with hot blood. The ability to receive scouts as next candidate destruction gods is enough.
    here the web site of you want to learn more http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/chara/#chapter4 and it seems this site updates every Friday
    Mostly active on discord.

Low Tone G
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:43 am

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:Look like I get to update this.

Universe 2 - Hakishin - Helles "The God of Destruction of Universe 2. Is extraordinarily beauty contuses and doese not do well with anything ugly"

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Her personality was totally expected, but I love her nonetheless. Her name is very satisfactory, too.
    Hello, Helles! 8) :clap:
    English is not my first language!
    I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:23 am

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:Look like I get to update this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm really digging the Cleopatra vibe from her design. And her vain attitude with anything ugly really reminds me of Boa Hancock. I like all of this a lot. :)

DragonBallFoodie
    Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 am

The gr wrote:And new fighter has been updated,hes from universe 11 Image his name is toppo and his bio is,Leader of the hero team 'Pride Trooper' to protect the peace of the 11th universe. A warrior of righteous Justice with hot blood. The ability to receive scouts as next candidate destruction gods is enough.
      here the web site of you want to learn more http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/chara/#chapter4 and it seems this site updates every Friday
      Curious, his outfit is the same as that fighter Goku was taking on in the Limit Break intro.

So either that Trooper is a hero fighting for his universe, or he is probably a more antagonistic character.
      "Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
      A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

SansrivaaL
      I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:
      The gr wrote:And new fighter has been updated,hes from universe 11 [spoiler]Image[/spoiler] his name is toppo and his bio is,Leader of the hero team 'Pride Trooper' to protect the peace of the 11th universe. A warrior of righteous Justice with hot blood. The ability to receive scouts as next candidate destruction gods is enough.
        Curious, his outfit is the same as that fighter Goku was taking on in the Limit Break intro.

So either that Trooper is a hero fighting for his universe, or he is probably a more antagonistic character.
        They're a team, including the Beerus race, as of now we know 3 of em are the same, fights for peace, basically heroes.

namekiansaiyan
        I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:34 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:
        The gr wrote:And new fighter has been updated,hes from universe 11 Image his name is toppo and his bio is,Leader of the hero team 'Pride Trooper' to protect the peace of the 11th universe. A warrior of righteous Justice with hot blood. The ability to receive scouts as next candidate destruction gods is enough.

He is just fighting Goku and since they want the opening to focus on Goku that is why we were shown a lot of him.

Grimlock
          Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:47 am

All Gods of Destruction names. YEAH! THE FOX GOD OF DESTRUCTION COMES FROM MY UNIVERSE, THE MIGHTY UNIVERSE 8! 8)

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Neo-Makaiōshin
          I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 am

Grimlock wrote:All Gods of Destruction names. YEAH! THE FOX GOD OF DESTRUCTION COMES FROM MY UNIVERSE, THE MIGHTY UNIVERSE 8! 8)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
          Soo, Tails is U8 God of Destruction...not bad 8) .
          Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.