There have to be more Saiyans out there.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

There have to be more Saiyans out there.

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:59 pm

I'm sure there were other babies born besides Goku who were sent to other planets and who were still there when Planet Vegeta was one-shotted by Freeza. Did Toriyama not take this into consideration? Were these other Saiyans hunted down by Freeza's guys? Or did they survive? If they did, why weren't they recruited by Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: There have to be more Saiyans out there.

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:35 pm

I believe it was Minus that stated Freeza went to his best efforts to order as many saiyans back to planet Vegeta as possible without rousing suspicion. The newborn Kakarotto was just one he couldn't find a reason to hold back. He could have easily forced it, but then that would create suspicion and other saiyans might run away.

The whole race only consists of a few thousand, so I can buy that Kakarotto was the only one schedule to go on a mission that exact day.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:11 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I'm sure there were other babies born besides Goku who were sent to other planets and who were still there when Planet Vegeta was one-shotted by Freeza. Did Toriyama not take this into consideration? Were these other Saiyans hunted down by Freeza's guys? Or did they survive? If they did, why weren't they recruited by Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz?
I don't think the survivors ones were tracked down, see Tarble. He was living a long and happy life until being bothered by Abo and Cado, and still it didn't seem the brothers appeared in his planet because of him, they would attack the planet but Tarble happened to be there.

There are more Saiyans survivors, as the person who was with Freeza speculated that "almost all" should return in one month, and Freeza decided to blow up the planet nevertheless. But obviously no one will expand upon it...
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:11 am

Well there's also Broly and his father if you count the movies.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:34 am

Whis already said the majority of Saiyans were on Earth(2 full bloods, 3 half bloods, 1 quarter blood fetus), so it's not possible for there to be many more out there(6 is the majority, so at most 5 on other worlds), if at all(and the line was probably only there to account for Tarble's existence as per the movie).

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:31 pm

precita wrote:Well there's also Broly and his father if you count the movies.
There's also Turles who was off the planet and being a tree planting pirate with his own little gang of aliens. :D

The idea of other saiyans being out there is probably my favorite thing about that movie. I want to see more of turles's exploits

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:12 pm

There could be some out there in the universe living quiet lives under the radar like Tarble was. Unfortunately it does seem like Whis put the kibosh on that. What I'd really like is for Goku or Vegeta to use the Super Dragon Balls sometime to revive them, but I'm not sure the writers will ever bother with that now that they've introduced the good Saiyans next door on Planet Sadla.