The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Re: The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Good to see the Fox God is quite well received, he really does look like a God of Destruction with a zero tolerance for BS :lol:

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:14 pm

The fox is the best with Beerus, they are also very similar.

Actually, many Gods of destruction looks better in this scan than in the anime, especially the fox and Helles. God dammit, toei .-.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:28 pm

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Esfír Dedragón wrote:I'm disappointed in finding out that not all of the Gods of Destructions were designed by Toriyama.

It sort of makes them seem "less legitimate", in my eyes. :/
Physically. We don't know about conceptually yet. Even then it doesn't matter too much Toyo done a good job, with so many designs to do no surprise Toriyama will need help.
Toyo did my two favorite new designs (merman and Fox) and helped with my 3rd favorite (Cleopatra) so he did a really good job.
Same here! Geen being my favourite not counting Beerus and Liqueur is also up there for me with Ramoosh. I'm really happy how these turned out and much better then the GoDs being physical twins.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Two more images, don't know if you all still want them but anyways.

But let's just stop for a moment to talk about how cute these very two angels are. :D

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:Two more images, don't know if you all still want them but anyways.

But let's just stop for a moment to talk about how cute these very two angels are. :D

Yes cutie pies all of them. :mrgreen:

I don't know if this has been said before, but we all know how Moscow, Robot God of Destruction of U3 has Luud's colors? What if all of his universe's fighters are GT design and based as well? I'm expecting a Ledgic looking guy from U3, but that's just me

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:15 am

FoolsGil wrote: I don't know if this has been said before, but we all know how Moscow, Robot God of Destruction of U3 has Luud's colors? What if all of his universe's fighters are GT design and based as well? I'm expecting a Ledgic looking guy from U3, but that's just me
He doesn't just have his colors. He literally has Luud's body parts. They're all but saying, "HEY REMEMBER THIS GUY FROM THAT OTHER THING WE DID 10 YEARS AGO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL REMEMBERRRRR THATTTTT THINGGGGGG?!"

Also, this isn't the first time that Toyotaro has acknowledged the fact that Luud is a Hakaishin. He once drew a fan art where Whis was about to officially declare Luud as the new Destroyer God because Beerus spent too much time sleeping.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:21 am

NeoKING wrote:
FoolsGil wrote: I don't know if this has been said before, but we all know how Moscow, Robot God of Destruction of U3 has Luud's colors? What if all of his universe's fighters are GT design and based as well? I'm expecting a Ledgic looking guy from U3, but that's just me
He doesn't just have his colors. He literally has Luud's body parts. They're all but saying, "HEY REMEMBER THIS GUY FROM THAT OTHER THING WE DID 10 YEARS AGO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL REMEMBERRRRR THATTTTT THINGGGGGG?!"

Also, this isn't the first time that Toyotaro has acknowledged the fact that Luud is a Hakaishin. He once drew a fan art where Whis was about to officially declare Luud as the new Destroyer God because Beerus spent too much time sleeping.
Damn. Well, then, not just a theory, U3 may end up a love letter to GT in that case.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:18 am

FoolsGil wrote:
NeoKING wrote:

Damn. Well, then, not just a theory, U3 may end up a love letter to GT in that case.
If they have ssj4's I'll flip out, man. XD

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:18 am

FoolsGil wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Two more images, don't know if you all still want them but anyways.

Yes cutie pies all of them. :mrgreen:

I don't know if this has been said before, but we all know how Moscow, Robot God of Destruction of U3 has Luud's colors? What if all of his universe's fighters are GT design and based as well? I'm expecting a Ledgic looking guy from U3, but that's just me
Yes! Do it! But not just GT, the movies and the filler too.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:59 am

The gr wrote:Wasn't Luud called a "God of Destruction" in GT? If so That's a pretty clever Easter Egg by Toyotaro and it just proves that toyotaro is a huge fanboy

Zeno's button

Post by Zeno's button » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:14 pm

1: イワン (Iwan): Wine

2: ヘレス (Heresu): Jerez (Sherry)

3: モスコ (Mosuko): Moscato (Muscat)

4: キテラ (Kitera): Tequila

5: アラク (Araku): Arak

6: シャンパ (Shanpa): Champagne

7: ビルス (Birusu): Beer

8: リキール (Rikiiru): Liquor

9: シドラ (Shidora): Cider

10: ラムーシ (Ramuushi): Rum

11: ベルモッド (Berumoddo): Vermouth

12: ジーン (Jiin): Gin

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Zeno's button wrote:1: イワン (Iwan): Wine

2: ヘレス (Heresu): Jerez (Sherry)

3: モスコ (Mosuko): Moscato (Muscat)

4: キテラ (Kitera): Tequila

5: アラク (Araku): Arak

6: シャンパ (Shanpa): Champagne

7: ビルス (Birusu): Beer

8: リキール (Rikiiru): Liquor

9: シドラ (Shidora): Cider

10: ラムーシ (Ramuushi): Rum

11: ベルモッド (Berumoddo): Vermouth

12: ジーン (Jiin): Gin
So I wasn't the only one that noticed these... To get "Cosmopolitan" from Mosuko" was a real hazard. Moscato wine (welcome to europe, guys !!) it's more sensed.

It's also possible that Herez come from Ceres beer.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Can't wait for all of the "Toriyama didn't design X GoD, that one isn't real, nothing it does is canon" bullshit. :roll:
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:02 pm

NeoKING wrote:So I'm 100% sure Mosco's design is a reference to Luud from GT: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQo5695jpA4/

Toyota you GENUINE FANBOY YOU

I swear, having someone who knows the franchise inside and out teaming up with Toriyama who knows the franchise whenever he's forced to remember it is great. We've had very, very slick allusions to GT before in Super, but this one takes the cake. And it makes sense that he doesn't look exactly like Luud because he's from another universe.
I kind of love this reference.

I was fairly convinced it was intentional from that character's first reveal, but knowing the design comes from Toyotaro cements it. The allusions to ancillary parts of the franchise do seem to be coming on fast and furious this arc (relative to previous material, anyway), but given that the first two big ones have had clever twists (girl Brolli; actual god of destruction Lood) and the series has to introduce a hundred characters at once, I don't mind.

On a related note, Toyotaro did a good job with his designs. They all look like they could have come from Toriyama.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:15 am

ChronoTwigger wrote:To get "Cosmopolitan" from Mosuko" was a real hazard. Moscato wine (welcome to europe, guys !!) it's more sensed.
It's the other way around, really: "Moscato" is quite the stretch. I mean, it's "mosuko", not "mosuka"...
It's also possible that Herez come from Ceres beer.
That's quite the stretch as well...

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:51 am

I'm not so set on the spelling Vermoud for ベルモッド (Berumoddo) if it indeed comes from the English word vermouth. If ベルモット (berumotto) became ベルモッド (Berumoddo) thru voicing the T, then vermouth (vər-MOOTH, with a voiceless TH) would become Vermouthe (vər-MOOTH, with a voiced TH). Now, if it's the French word vermouth (VEHR-moot), from which English borrowed, then Vermoud could work, I think. ...I never took a French class. However, in that case, why not the German word wermut (also VEHR-moot), from which the French borrowed?

Also, is this the official spelling? I haven't been keeping up with all aspects of Super.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:34 am

FoolsGil wrote:I don't know if this has been said before, but we all know how Moscow, Robot God of Destruction of U3 has Luud's colors? What if all of his universe's fighters are GT design and based as well? I'm expecting a Ledgic looking guy from U3, but that's just me
Didn't Toyotaro slip a Ledgic cameo into the RoF manga?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:Also, is this the official spelling? I haven't been keeping up with all aspects of Super.
No, the only official spelling so far is Sidra.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:35 am

I could die if some universe sayans' has a ssj4 like transformation, but I see 1 to 0% chances sadly

Also, I can't wait for all those new fighters and gods to come in Dokkan

RalfHookman

Post by RalfHookman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 pm

I know that this thread was dead since March, but I didn't see a better place to write this and I don't think this is much to be written in special new thread.

I don't know if someone posted this, but Toei Animation updated their website with a special section for Universe Survival Arc, which will make supporting your universe even better. The mess that was there was cleaned up, and now we have subsections for every universe.

Link: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/ ... index.html

Clearly, we know now ALL the names of Kaioshins, Hakaishins and Tenshi (angels) and it is more likely confirmed that Universe 7 Kaioshins name is Shin, the one he went by in Buu Saga tournament. This was predicted by many.

I would like to ask someone to decipher the name of Universe 6 Kaioshin :)
Last edited by RalfHookman on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.