"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:04 am

I was part of two teams who beat him because of the poison. There were a lot of crashes and bugginess too. In one battle he froze in his green energy shield pose and wouldn't take damage at all.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:05 pm

simtek34 wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:Btw, I suppose Base Goku Black is never going to be released as a DLC and will be keep as a preorder exclusive, right? That sucks. Well, I hope Rosé is not a reskin at least.
He actually will be released as part of DLC in the future. Bandai has already said that MONTHS ago.
I think they may just make him free DLC for DLC Pack 3 with SSjR Goku Black and Zamasu. As for Merged Zamasu, I think SSjB Vegito and Merged Zamasu will be for DLC Pack 4. I doubt we will get a Season 2 DLC pack, but it would be cool if we did. I don't think we will get any of the new characters in the current arc in Super since they will probably save those for XV3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:14 pm

You know what would be cool? An expasion like Boruto to the Naruto Storm 4, based on Future Trunks saga. And leave DLCs to cover and expand Universe 6 saga.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Grimlock wrote:You know what would be cool? An expasion like Boruto to the Naruto Storm 4, based on Future Trunks saga. And leave DLCs to cover and expand Universe 6 saga.
An expansion would be great but Dimps is most likely doing

Goku Black Arc Content for DLC 3 + Random Content for the Free DLC

But DLC 4 will either do more Goku Black Arc or something different

But if a Expansion is made (it better cover some of the Z Characters/Forms that people really upset that aren't in the game)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:28 pm

If ever do Zeno as DLC, I do wonder how they could pull off his moves without him being super broken.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Zeno should be added as a NPC character. It'd be nice to have dialogues with him, what he has to say about everything. He could even reveal some secrets, the deepest ones. Like Chosuke and mentors, his dialogues would change whenever you go back to Conton City.

~ Day of the Machines ~

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Dammit, they could've gave us the movie villains at least in the free update! I miss playin' as 13 and Bojack.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:58 am

EXBadguy wrote:Dammit, they could've gave us the movie villains at least in the free update! I miss playin' as 13 and Bojack.
It's interesting that we're getting these costumes but not costumes for 13 and Bojack. Maybe they plan on bringing them in in the final DLC pack or something?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:05 am

Android 13's hat along with the hair is already in the game. It's something, I guess.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:13 am

Grimlock wrote:Android 13's hat along with the hair is already in the game. It's something, I guess.
Just his hat though, not the rest of his outfit.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:56 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Android 13's hat along with the hair is already in the game. It's something, I guess.
Just his hat though, not the rest of his outfit.
Just use 17's pants. Then you have a trucker hat and a gun.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Metis Connetis

Post by Metis Connetis » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:25 am

Grimlock wrote:
Metis Connetis wrote:Thanks, I tried and it's true, when you're flying up a double tap doubles speed. Weird only works up (not down), and still isn't the direct aproach I'd want. I guess that "Weak Attack + Jump" burst it's the only way to move vertically with aura on...
It goes down if the enemy is down.
I dind't know that move, the double tap moves you to the same height your opponent, thank you!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:13 am

Xaroc wrote:Via Twitter (https://twitter.com/Anamaze_) I've read that we'll get a patch containing things like this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
- 10x Kamehame Ha: 200 Ki, but buffed damage output. Uncharged it will fire faster.
- Dragonburn: can be vanished out (shortened time until you can vanish)
- Dragon Fist: Evasive Moves work even when hit
- Absolute Zero: startup time reduced, when hit while frozen you won't be freed sooner, frozen time overall reduced
- God of Destruction Anger: now takes two Ki bars instead of one
- Purification: reduced stamina drain, sdash speed increased
- Giant Meteor: reduced startup time
- Hell's Flash: increased damage output
- Go Go Gum: reduced being trapped time
- Kaioken Assault: reduced Ki cost, nerfed damage output, you can vanish out of it when hit,
- Super Explosive Wave (Future Gohan): reduced Ki cost
- Punisher Driv: last hit can be guared
- Cross Arm Drive: you can change the attack via pressing L or R stick in the air
- Crazy Finger Shot: increased damage output
- Mighty Exposive Wafe (Majin Vegeta): increased damage output
- Burning Attack: sends you flying instead of tossing you up in the air
- Rolling Mr. Satan Punch: 2 more rolls possible
- Ki Blast Canon: time until hit enemies can vanish is shortened
- Fake Blast: can be vanished out (shortened time until you can vanish out)
- Thunder Eraser: shortened time until you can vanish out

(not the right order as in the pic and no garantee that everything is right. I just saw it an thought I post it here)
All confirmed.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 am

Grimlock wrote:
Xaroc wrote:Via Twitter (https://twitter.com/Anamaze_) I've read that we'll get a patch containing things like this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]- 10x Kamehame Ha: 200 Ki, but buffed damage output. Uncharged it will fire faster.
- Dragonburn: can be vanished out (shortened time until you can vanish)
- Dragon Fist: Evasive Moves work even when hit
- Absolute Zero: startup time reduced, when hit while frozen you won't be freed sooner, frozen time overall reduced
- God of Destruction Anger: now takes two Ki bars instead of one
- Purification: reduced stamina drain, sdash speed increased
- Giant Meteor: reduced startup time
- Hell's Flash: increased damage output
- Go Go Gum: reduced being trapped time
- Kaioken Assault: reduced Ki cost, nerfed damage output, you can vanish out of it when hit,
- Super Explosive Wave (Future Gohan): reduced Ki cost
- Punisher Driv: last hit can be guared
- Cross Arm Drive: you can change the attack via pressing L or R stick in the air
- Crazy Finger Shot: increased damage output
- Mighty Exposive Wafe (Majin Vegeta): increased damage output
- Burning Attack: sends you flying instead of tossing you up in the air
- Rolling Mr. Satan Punch: 2 more rolls possible
- Ki Blast Canon: time until hit enemies can vanish is shortened
- Fake Blast: can be vanished out (shortened time until you can vanish out)
- Thunder Eraser: shortened time until you can vanish out[/spoiler]

(not the right order as in the pic and no garantee that everything is right. I just saw it an thought I post it here)
All confirmed.
Thanks. I was kinda worried when I found out this morning, that YouTuber Rhymestyle literally copied my list (every single word except for three minor changes). I didn't translate it, but I took what somebody else was posting, rephrased it so it looks better on a list and postet it here. If all of that had been wrong, I would have blamed myself for the rest of my life for tarnishing his credibility.

Yet, still no Release Date for DLC2. It's Kingdom Hearts III all over again.
I just want a higher Level Cap and more Story Content and Quests. Is it that hard to tell us WHEN we get it? I don't care how long I have to wait, if at least I know when to expect it.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:04 pm

I love XV and haven't complained over the lack of true updates when it's come to their DLCs. But this is starting to get a little ridiculous. The raid rewards are TERRIBLE. I play raids mainly just to fight along side other players, but everything so chaotic, it's not even worth it when the rewards are straight garbage.

Then we get a DLC with Bojack and Android 13 movie themed costumes?!?! Come on man. I don't know about most people, but I'm not one of those folks who like to make my CaC look like an existing character. Now I get that this side of the update is free and its hard to complain about a free update, but DIMPS has to do better.

I'm happy with the new story content, but in a game that included movie characters in the main story line, please give us the rest of them. Give us better rewards like Hit's and Goku Black's freakin costumes, or Bardock's bandanna, rewards that would actually make the raids worth playing.

They've built a good foundation with this game, and like I said before, I feel like XV3 will be the pinnacle of the series much like Budokai 3 was the best of its series. But in the mean time, keep the momentum going. I don't have any issue with DLC at all, I'm more than happy to pay for more content, but they need to make it better.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:You know what would be cool? An expasion like Boruto to the Naruto Storm 4, based on Future Trunks saga. And leave DLCs to cover and expand Universe 6 saga.
Not a bad idea. It'd be cool to play through the Zamasu arc. Perhaps it'd have a normal mode and an unlockable mode with interference from the Time Breakers?
EXBadguy wrote:I miss playin' as 13 and Bojack.
Just curiously, and with no impoliteness intended, why do they have to be included in this game for you to play as them? Why not play a Tenkaichi game or Raging Blast 2?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Not a bad idea. It'd be cool to play through the Zamasu arc. Perhaps it'd have a normal mode and an unlockable mode with interference from the Time Breakers?
Just curiously, and with no impoliteness intended, why do they have to be included in this game for you to play as them? Why not play a Tenkaichi game or Raging Blast 2?
cuz XV2 would make the character better and more fun to play with :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Tsufuru wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Been a while since 've played Raging Blast, were most of the characters there clones like Tenkaichi 3?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: Not a bad idea. It'd be cool to play through the Zamasu arc. Perhaps it'd have a normal mode and an unlockable mode with interference from the Time Breakers?

Been a while since 've played Raging Blast, were most of the characters there clones like Tenkaichi 3?
nah, it just that the movements , the combos and the atacks in XV look much better than in BT and RB.
not to mention you dont have to look at the same cutscene's over and over again.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:Been a while since 've played Raging Blast, were most of the characters there clones like Tenkaichi 3?
Pretty much, but the visuals (mostly) make up for that IMO. Anyway, back to Xenoverse? :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune