What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by ecrockedboston » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:52 pm

My most recent purchase was a blindbox figurine that comes with a stand and posable arms. I've never seen them anywhere before. The figurine I got was Jackie Chun.

In the mail, I'm waiting for 3 official Jump branded strategy guides for DB vidya. One is a guide for Dragon Ball Z: Goku Hishōden, another for Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Frieza, amd the third is for Dragon Ball Z Gaiden: Saiyajin Zetsumetsu Keikaku. They all have some fantastic original art. For instance, in the guide for Gekishin Frieza, theres a large poster drawing of Goku v first form Frieza. I'm looking forward to discovering other hiddem gems.
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Danfun64 wrote:The superiority of the video of the old DB Movie 2 single should be evident fairly quickly, as the biggest issue of the 2010 release of DB Movie 2 is that the framerate is cut in half, an issue that none of the other movies in the 4 pack (or Funi in general, really) suffer from. This issue make it the worst transfer of something DB related by Funi ever made.

That being said, you should still keep the new DVD with the horrific transfer...if only for use with Thejeremymenace's Dragon Radar project.
I have no intention of using Dragon Radar. Even though it is a godsend, I'm just not interested in buying the series twice when I don't mind the quality of most of Funimation's releases. I'll probably just sell the worse version on ebay.
Retired.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Well, I'm on a trip to France, and I took this opportunity to pick up a copy of Glénat's first Volume of Dragon Ball: Perfect Edition, and I must say, I'm impressed by how faithful the presentation is to the original Kanzenban. Apart from the spine logo being reversed (apparently, in France titles on spines are read bottom-to-top ad opposed to top-to-bottom) and a few puslisher logos, it's pretty much page-for-page identical. Add the great translation and that it's uncensored, and that's how you have a good international release. Now why can't Viz do the same for us?

Apart from that, I probably have Super Vol 1-2, Legends 15-17, and Saikyo Jump January-March waiting for me at home.

Super Saiyan Ikari

Post by Super Saiyan Ikari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Well I did it guys. I scored dragon box 2. And now the set is complete. I wish I had a great story to tell and how great of a deal I got. But no I just bit the bullet. Definitely feeling a little shameful lol but at least you guys understand!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Movie 4-pack came in.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sure enough, Sleeping Princess did have frame rate problems, although it didn't look to be halved. Definitely not keeping it, regardless.
Retired.

Super Saiyan Ikari

Post by Super Saiyan Ikari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Movie 4-pack came in.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sure enough, Sleeping Princess did have frame rate problems, although it didn't look to be halved. Definitely not keeping it, regardless.
Haven't bought this cause I recently bought the older 3 movie pack without curse. I was just planning on buying the curse single to compete the movie collection. Figured something about this 4 pack had to be lesser in quality :(

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 pm

I bought the parts for the Loyal Subjects Build-a-Figure Shenron. Pretty neat figure, all in all! :thumbup: I just wish I had a full set of dragon balls to put in the base.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Super Saiyan Ikari wrote:Haven't bought this cause I recently bought the older 3 movie pack without curse. I was just planning on buying the curse single to compete the movie collection. Figured something about this 4 pack had to be lesser in quality :(
If you want to buy the 4-pack, just get the old Sleeping Princess single DVD to go along with it: The other 3 movies are fine, and for cheap. The worst thing I can say about them is that the saturation and contrast are a bit reminiscent of the Orange Bricks. Definitely still watchable, though.
Retired.

Super Saiyan Ikari

Post by Super Saiyan Ikari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Super Saiyan Ikari wrote:Haven't bought this cause I recently bought the older 3 movie pack without curse. I was just planning on buying the curse single to compete the movie collection. Figured something about this 4 pack had to be lesser in quality :(
If you want to buy the 4-pack, just get the old Sleeping Princess single DVD to go along with it: The other 3 movies are fine, and for cheap. The worst thing I can say about them is that the saturation and contrast are a bit reminiscent of the Orange Bricks. Definitely still watchable, though.
Thanks man!

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:38 pm

I just purchased this guy. Is it an official work? It claims to be an art book. I kind of like the style, looks like a personal sketchbook
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:29 pm

ecrockedboston wrote:Image

I just purchased this guy. Is it an official work? It claims to be an art book. I kind of like the style, looks like a personal sketchbook
Probably not. It's a Japanese book, but it's Left to Right?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

DBGT101
Patreon Supporter

Post by DBGT101 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Just got in Kai Seasons 1-4 on blu-ray

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Lunch: Blonde Version! Has arrived! Thank you, Dragon Ball Gals!

She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:06 pm

I... I must stop. I've purchased so many things from ebay lately. My most recent:

-Memetic Lexicon

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:50 pm

ecrockedboston wrote:My most recent purchase was a blindbox figurine that comes with a stand and posable arms. I've never seen them anywhere before. The figurine I got was Jackie Chun.
Whoa... Do you have a picture or a any make/company info? That sounds cool, and I'd really dig a li'l Jackie Chun figure.

As for me, I've got a few fairly recent video game arrivals from eBay -- Hyper Dimension for Super Famicom and Shin Butoden for Sega Saturn:

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Bryesque wrote:
ecrockedboston wrote:My most recent purchase was a blindbox figurine that comes with a stand and posable arms. I've never seen them anywhere before. The figurine I got was Jackie Chun.
Whoa... Do you have a picture or a any make/company info? That sounds cool, and I'd really dig a li'l Jackie Chun figure.

As for me, I've got a few fairly recent video game arrivals from eBay -- Hyper Dimension for Super Famicom and Shin Butoden for Sega Saturn:

As a matter of fact, I do! Funny enough, I accidentally stumbled accross the name while searching on ebay for Hyper Dimensions. When I typed in "Dragon Ball Hyper", one of the suggested searches was "Dragon Ball Souls of Hyper", so I decided to check it out. Sure enough, that was the name of the figurine line! They are crazy expensive though... The blind boxes at my local comic shop were $9.99 each, which, I'd just as soon spend on the newer Loyal Subjects line.

As for those games... You, sir, are hurting my OCD ;_;. dat incomplete Hyper Dimensions. Dat sunbleach! Dat missing Shin Butouden manual! Mister you're a better man than I, because I wanted both, but they are a tad rich for my blood, considering I'd never play them and keep them as collectors items. I've shelled out so much on games lately too. Here's my haul:

All CiB, with the exception of Dragon Ball 3, which has the box but no manual ;( I jumped on it because it was 8 bucks, and shipped within the US. Didn't notice it was missing the manual until I had already paid.
-Memetic Lexicon

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:47 pm

ecrockedboston wrote:As a matter of fact, I do! Funny enough, I accidentally stumbled accross the name while searching on ebay for Hyper Dimensions. When I typed in "Dragon Ball Hyper", one of the suggested searches was "Dragon Ball Souls of Hyper", so I decided to check it out. Sure enough, that was the name of the figurine line! They are crazy expensive though... The blind boxes at my local comic shop were $9.99 each, which, I'd just as soon spend on the newer Loyal Subjects line.
Awesome, thanks! I'd never heard of the line before, actually... We've got a bunch of the WCF figures mainly, but I'll look into these too. :)
ecrockedboston wrote:As for those games... You, sir, are hurting my OCD ;_;. dat incomplete Hyper Dimensions. Dat sunbleach! Dat missing Shin Butouden manual! Mister you're a better man than I, because I wanted both, but they are a tad rich for my blood, considering I'd never play them and keep them as collectors items.
Ha! Sounds like we have the opposite situation going on -- I mainly want to play them and try to get working copies as cheap as I can. So there's a reason I could afford these ones. :lol: The missing manual bugs me a bit, but I can print up a decent-quality cover.

Very nice collection, though! I've got the three Super Famicom Super Butodens, Super Saiya Densetsu, and Shenron no Nazo for Famicom as well... all loose, mind you, but without damage/discolouration. And I've got a copy of The Legend for Saturn headed my way as we type.

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Bryesque wrote:
ecrockedboston wrote:As a matter of fact, I do! Funny enough, I accidentally stumbled accross the name while searching on ebay for Hyper Dimensions. When I typed in "Dragon Ball Hyper", one of the suggested searches was "Dragon Ball Souls of Hyper", so I decided to check it out. Sure enough, that was the name of the figurine line! They are crazy expensive though... The blind boxes at my local comic shop were $9.99 each, which, I'd just as soon spend on the newer Loyal Subjects line.
Awesome, thanks! I'd never heard of the line before, actually... We've got a bunch of the WCF figures mainly, but I'll look into these too. :)
ecrockedboston wrote:As for those games... You, sir, are hurting my OCD ;_;. dat incomplete Hyper Dimensions. Dat sunbleach! Dat missing Shin Butouden manual! Mister you're a better man than I, because I wanted both, but they are a tad rich for my blood, considering I'd never play them and keep them as collectors items.
Ha! Sounds like we have the opposite situation going on -- I mainly want to play them and try to get working copies as cheap as I can. So there's a reason I could afford these ones. :lol: The missing manual bugs me a bit, but I can print up a decent-quality cover.

Very nice collection, though! I've got the three Super Famicom Super Butodens, Super Saiya Densetsu, and Shenron no Nazo for Famicom as well... all loose, mind you, but without damage/discolouration. And I've got a copy of The Legend for Saturn headed my way as we type.
If you're interested, you should check out the guides for the games from the Famicom througg Super Famicom era (including Gameboy). They're incredible! Quality publications. They even have dust jackets! The best part, though, is the original art. The guide for DBZ 2 for Famicom has a drawing of Goku vs first form Frieza, as an example. I've got the guides for Goku Hishouden, DBZ 2, and Plan to Erasicate the Saiyans. I plan on picking more up. I don't think I paid more than 20 for any of them, but I've notices the guy I bought my Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans guide from jacked the price up to $65 for his last copy.
-Memetic Lexicon

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Always wanted one of those unlicensed Dragon Ball resin statues, but could never justify the price. Finally decided to spend a bit of tax money on one and holy :shock:, the quality and finish on this thing puts to shame every statue or figure I've ever bought. VKH perfectly captures my favorite villain and fight of the series as well. I'm speechless.

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:12 am

Just a heads up to anyone in Canada. With HMV closing down, you can get some great deals on anime DVDs. Couldn't get any DBZ disc sets but picked up One Piece, Toriko, Mazinger Z (both volumes), Gaiking Movies, and others for $2 or less this past day. The Gaiking disc was 50 cents! The Kijiji buyers were out in full force because in the last hour or two you could get full box sets of shows like Glee for $2! If nothing else, you could flip what you didn't want on eBay for a lot more than you bought it for. Also good to use as gifts to friends.