"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:42 am

Neon Z wrote:
DBSQA wrote:I'm pretty sure 16 can't be brought back, I don't know about Launch thought. But she was about to appear in the Buu Saga but toriyama decided to replace her with 17.That just shows that toriyama has not forgotten about her.
They brought back all computers and cars on Earth after Kid Buu destroyed them all by blowing up the planet, so it makes no sense they can't bring back 16.
Maybe Machinery can be brought together, but the data stored as charge inside them can't, as they were destroyed the charge went away, so when 16 is brought back to life only his external body will be brought back and none of the coding of data stored inside of him, essentially turning him into a corpse..

The real 16 is gone below cells feet forever
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:21 am

On top in that they said in the wish what Buu has destroyed. And Buu hasn't destroyed 16.

KaiserAcedia

Post by KaiserAcedia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:04 am

So Toppo is the leader of a peace troop in Universe 11. And Universe 2 God of Destruction loves the beautiful and despise/hate the ugly.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 am

KaiserAcedia wrote:So Toppo is the leader of a peace troop in Universe 11. And Universe 2 God of Destruction loves the beautiful and despise/hate the ugly.
She will fall in love with 17

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:15 am

Kishido wrote:On top in that they said in the wish what Buu has destroyed. And Buu hasn't destroyed 16.
The only way to bring back 16 would to be wish him back into existence. Since he was never truly living being to begin with he was more or less "terminated" by Cell. However, I don't think it will be impossible for him to be wished back. I just don't expect it to ever happen since the story has progressed so far already.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:19 am

Kishido wrote:
KaiserAcedia wrote:So Toppo is the leader of a peace troop in Universe 11. And Universe 2 God of Destruction loves the beautiful and despise/hate the ugly.
That would be hilarious for that to happen. I can imagine it now, 17 enters the arena and Helles instantly turns red.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:57 am

Kishido wrote:
Lol wouldn't that be perfect if he wasn't already married
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:24 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kishido wrote:
He could be in favour of poligomy or mistresses
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DBSQA
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBSQA » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:31 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Yes it would be perfect. Since there would be a fight between 17's wife and that girl. Giving toriyama extra episodes to write about.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:39 am

Falls in love with Goku or Vegeta, i would rather have the latter to happen, because the former already happened in Z with Princess Snake.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 am

Kanassa wrote: He could be in favour of poligomy or mistresses
Naah, Gohan's a much better option in this case, especially since he has knack for being such a little b****

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:48 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Falls in love with Goku or Vegeta, i would rather have the latter to happen, because the former already happened in Z with Princess Snake.
I could see it happen with Goku or Gohan. Both of them are portrayed as being good looking in-universe.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

DBSQA
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBSQA » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:52 am

Neon Z wrote:
DBSQA wrote:I'm pretty sure 16 can't be brought back, I don't know about Launch thought. But she was about to appear in the Buu Saga but toriyama decided to replace her with 17.That just shows that toriyama has not forgotten about her.
They brought back all computers and cars on Earth after Kid Buu destroyed them all by blowing up the planet, so it makes no sense they can't bring back 16.
Huh well they did say 16 can't be brought back because he is 100% Robot. So I don't know, dragon ball logic maybe

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:53 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Naah, Gohan's a much better option in this case, especially since he has knack for being such a little b****
Gohan's gonna have a harem by the end of the series, isn't he?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 am

Kanassa wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Gohan's gonna have a harem by the end of the series, isn't he?
Just you wait :mrgreen:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:00 am

KaiserAcedia wrote:And Universe 2 God of Destruction loves the beautiful and despise/hate the ugly.
I bet the joke is that her idea of beauty is terribly skewed. Calling it now: the round pink fighter facing Vegeta is one of hers. :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:04 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
KaiserAcedia wrote:And Universe 2 God of Destruction loves the beautiful and despise/hate the ugly.
I bet the joke is that her idea of beauty is terribly skewed. Calling it now: the round pink fighter facing Vegeta is one of hers. :lol:
That would be interesting to see..
Arguments going on about if she will pick gohan or 17 and she ends up getting hots for buu :lol:

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:11 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Bullza wrote:I just like that they're bringing characters back. The complete opposite of what Dragon Ball Z did where characters appearences seemed to diminish over time especially those originating in the original Dragon Ball.
Gotta give it them, without super i wouldn't have got the badass scene of roshi vs space army..
And now we get to see tien in action too, with gohan in his ultimate..
Good times
Still don't understand how he was even a match for those guys, but I don't want to open a can of warms.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:15 am

How do you knew he's the leader? Did they post something giving out new information?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:16 am

dragonballgeek wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Bullza wrote:I just like that they're bringing characters back. The complete opposite of what Dragon Ball Z did where characters appearences seemed to diminish over time especially those originating in the original Dragon Ball.
Gotta give it them, without super i wouldn't have got the badass scene of roshi vs space army..
And now we get to see tien in action too, with gohan in his ultimate..
Good times
Still don't understand how he was even a match for those guys, but I don't want to open a can of warms.
If you wanna understand the concept of what Toriyama might have thought we gotta look at the movie..
Jaco was beating them without much problems, I will go as far as to say without any problems.. he isn't that strong and his comment about the freeza force being in that condition helps..
We got a comment that roshi could always have been that strong, he trained and achieved that level of power is what should be taken from that statement..

Roshi being even a little stronger than Jaco Should let him handle those soldiers with mild difficulty, which he did..