Hints of Majin Boo's power and intelligence.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Hints of Majin Boo's power and intelligence.

Post by Desassina » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:55 pm

As we all know, Majin Boo went through transformations once he absorbed people, be them powerful or intelligent, but definitely of different races, should they have an effect on his shape. I think that the more powerful the absorption, the longer his antenna or head tentacle, the more intelligent his victim, the more detailed the facial features, and last, but not the least, his hands look regular when humans are inside. Here's an image to serve as the reference:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

What do you think? Was Akira Toriyama this thoughtful, were these hints casual, or am I thinking too much about Boo?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Hints of Majin Boo's power and intelligence.

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Yeah, there's something to be said about this. It's never been revealed but it's certainly possible.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:25 pm

As Boo absorbs more humans, his features (face and hands) become more human-like, just like Cell. That makes sense.

As for his head tendril, it becoming elongated may be a nod to his absorption of a SS3. Why he keeps it when Gotenks' fusion wears off is anyone's guess. Maybe it was just useful, and he liked it.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:As Boo absorbs more humans, his features (face and hands) become more human-like, just like Cell. That makes sense.

As for his head tendril, it becoming elongated may be a nod to his absorption of a SS3. Why he keeps it when Gotenks' fusion wears off is anyone's guess. Maybe it was just useful, and he liked it.
Its length represents his power. It gets even longer when he absorbs Gohan.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:44 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Zillamon51 wrote:Its length represents his power. It gets even longer when he absorbs Gohan.
So if he absorbed a Super Saiyan Blue, would he end up like Rapunzel, with something several times longer than he is tall, hanging off of his head?
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Zillamon51 wrote: So if he absorbed a Super Saiyan Blue, would he end up like Rapunzel, with something several times longer than he is tall, hanging off of his head?
It's possible.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:42 am

I personally think Toriyama goofed with the details of Piccolo-Buu and South Kaioshin-Buu.
Piccolo-Buu should have had 4 fingers like Piccolo, but he shouldn't have had Piccolo's pants, while South Kaioshin-Buu should have had 5 fingers and the Kaioshin clothes, unless South Kaioshin was topless, when absorbed, which is possible.
Otherwise I agree that the head tentacle represented a huge increase in power.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:10 am

I think it's easier to avoid drawing many fingers when the absorptions aren't human. Piccolo is Namekian, while South Kaioshin is... another entity with pointy ears, so they contributed to intelligence and raw power alone. The one consistent trait between both Piccolo Boo, one with base Gotenks or Goten and Trunks absorbed, the other without them, is a face with the nose detail, so perhaps that denotes intelligence. Every time Boo appears to have more animal instincts is without a nose.