Do you think Beerus the strongest god of destruction? It is implied in the manga

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Do you think Beerus the strongest god of destruction? It is implied in the manga

Post by ryan s » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:03 pm

[scanlation removed by administrator]
Last edited by VegettoEX on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Scanlation removed by administrator

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Do you think Beerus the strongest god of destruction? it is implied in the manga

Post by Beyond » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Maybe because Beerus was the one that allowed someone like Goku to keep existing. Maybe Beerus cares the least for the rules. I don't know. He could be the strongest.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Do you think Beerus the strongest god of destruction? it is implied in the manga

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:13 pm

He just says most troublesome. That doesn't really mean strongest. Kid Buu was the most troublesome Buu, but not the strongest.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Can't really argue against that panel. Although, it's confirmed that Black killed the Supreme Kai's and not the Gods of Destructions in the manga. Up until the start of Super, Beerus spent most of his time sleeping (Also confirmed in episode 80 by Supreme Kai), so if "troublesome" doesn't refer to strength I'm not sure what it can be referring to. It's not like Beerus was out and about maintaining a high Average Mortal Level. I'd like to think he's the strongest.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:02 pm

I wager Liquir will be stronger, but that's based primarily on his design rather than any solid evidence right now. Otherwise, yeah, it makes sense for Beerus to be the strongest. He's certainly one of the most popular characters as of late.

But didn't he tell Goku after their fight that there were other, more powerful Gods of Destruction than him?
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:I wager Liquir will be stronger, but that's based primarily on his design rather than any solid evidence right now. Otherwise, yeah, it makes sense for Beerus to be the strongest. He's certainly one of the most popular characters as of late.

But didn't he tell Goku after their fight that there were other, more powerful Gods of Destruction than him?
In the movie he did nothing was said in the Arc

Beerus is in the second lowest universe, i doubt he was the most troublesome in terms of danger, all he does is sleep context clearly points to strength

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 pm

The most troublesome doesn’t necessarily mean the strongest, the best example of this is Pure Boo being described as the most troublesome Boo of all, but he’s far weaker than Evil Boo. The only thing we know currently is Champa is (slightly) weaker than Beerus. It might come up at some point in the future, but so far there’s no way to tell who’s stronger than who. If we apply Toriyama’s typical logic of the least strongest-looking actually being the most powerful, then Iwen might be the strongest of them, but that’s not the case every time.
Nazi Cola wrote:But didn't he tell Goku after their fight that there were other, more powerful Gods of Destruction than him?
In the original (Japanese) version of the movie, Beerus said that there might be powerful warriors out there (the other universes), while in FUNimation’s dub, Beerus said that some of them might have warriors even mightier than him and Goku — neither version have any power comparison between Beerus and the other Gods of Destruction. Meanwhile, the entire conversation between Beerus and Goku about the other universes was omitted in Super’s version of Battle of Gods.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:17 am

I'd like him to be. Beerus should be one of the final walls Goku overcomes. He can overcome all the other gods in the meantime and then in the end, it'll be Beerus, Whis, Grand Priest, and Zeno as his final challenges. Beerus being the strongest would also explain how Goku can get dozens of times stronger between BoG and now and yet even Vegetto is still weaker than the Destroyer.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:10 am

ryan s wrote:
Nazi Cola wrote:I wager Liquir will be stronger, but that's based primarily on his design rather than any solid evidence right now. Otherwise, yeah, it makes sense for Beerus to be the strongest. He's certainly one of the most popular characters as of late.

In the movie he did nothing was said in the Arc

Beerus is in the second lowest universe, i doubt he was the most troublesome in terms of danger, all he does is sleep context clearly points to strength
Troublesome could easily mean he's one most likely to bother reacting to an individual going around and attacking and destroying planets in his universe. After all, we know that Champa is lazy, even compared to him, and it's easily possible that the other Hakaishin are similarly lazy or apathetic to such things (after all, Rumoosh didn't seem to come around at any point during the various times Goku and the others were in U10, despite it being seemingly frowned upon for Hakaishin of one universe to come to another unannounced).