Nobodies like Android 17 and Buu

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Nobodies like Android 17 and Buu

Post by The gr » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
Akyon wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:17 only has problems with Ten if he decides to stand there and let Ten hit him with a Shin Kikoho.
And even then he only has that problem until Ten runs out of life force.
It's hilarious that people actually think Ten can fight the artificial humans. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen comments like this.
It is true that tien can't defeat #17 and #18 alone with raw power but with the neo kikoho could kill krillin and the androids , because the neo kikoho is op as hell
Mostly active on discord.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Not a single DB character with even a single episode dedicated to they is a nobody. I'd love to see Nam, Suno or Annin again.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
DragonBallLove wrote:I'd like you to take a look at my Jinzoningen psychology thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37786
Where's your Majin psychology thread?
We're a start-up bussiness, other races are still for the second phase.
Last edited by DragonBallLove on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:15 pm

The gr wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
Akyon wrote:
And even then he only has that problem until Ten runs out of life force.
It's hilarious that people actually think Ten can fight the artificial humans. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen comments like this.
It is true that tien can't defeat #17 and #18 alone with raw power but with the neo kikoho could kill krillin and the androids , because the neo kikoho is op as hell
Yes it is OP, I already acknowledged that. At the same time, he isn't hitting anyone with that if they decide to not just stand and watch him as he does it.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't care much for Lapis but I consider Majin Buu a fantastic character and his personality as a strong point from his saga.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:06 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:I don't care much for Lapis but I consider Majin Buu a fantastic character and his personality as a strong point from his saga.
I really want majin buu to absorb uub later on and give uub the regeneration, completing the full majin being..
Uub with then transform into kid buu becoming the first transforming human..
But Mr buu's design is too great to pass up too..

Well, Buu is a great character either way
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Nobodies? Have you ever imagined if they train for 4 months?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Hakaishin Saitama wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Hakaishin Saitama wrote:
Buu? You mean the fourth strongest mortal in U7 that would have mopped the floor with all of U6 less Hit?

Aside from that, he's a pretty cool character given his personality when presented accurately.

I don't really care about 17, though. He's fodder at this point to most of the Z fighters.
Oh again someone who only cares about the strong.

But hey at least we have Roshi and Tien there
Did you happen to read the part where I referenced Buu's personality? Not a big fan of 17's personality or relative lack of strength, but maybe Super will surprise me. As far as strength goes, Tien would probably wreck 17 at this point (and he did beat down semiperfect Cell if you recall). Roshi's fights are almost always entertaining, and his personality is fun, too. I don't really care how strong he is because his potential is more geared towards battle intelligence at this point in the series.
Did you just say Tien would beat 17 ? lol nice joke there buddy,Tien never beated Semi perfect Cell he just held him back a couple minutes before faiting.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:06 pm

supercat wrote:Why are people hyped about nobodies like Android 17 and Buu?
I couldn't care less about Buu actually never understood why he joined i find him rather annoying.
17 is a great character with a great design and personality and he deserves people being hyped about him.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
supercat wrote:Why are people hyped about nobodies like Android 17 and Buu?
I couldn't care less about Buu actually never understood why he joined i find him rather annoying.
17 is a great character with a great design and personality and he deserves people being hyped about him.
Fat Buu is hilarious, has tons of unique moves and abilities that none of the other characters have, and has a nice bromance with Mr. Satan.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:24 pm

What kind of a thread is this?. This sounds more of an opinion(Grouping everyone into one category) rather than a topic of discussion.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:00 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I dont like 17 as well, the guy was dull for me, Kishido's about the only person here that I've heard that likes him in such passion.
Boo tho yes, I can see why people like him since I'm one of those people as well, Boo is freaking awesome!
Don"r speak for everyone dude,17 is a very popular and well liked character and i'm sure Kishido isn't the only person who likes lmao,he was even in top 20 most popular characters list made in japan and he's about the only character with such lack of screen time yet people still appreciate him,he's my favorite character and he's quite unique,his personality is dope and he's very cool,he acts like saiyan yet he isn't a saiyan,Buu on the other hand is an annoying fatass who should have never joined the gang.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I dont like 17 as well, the guy was dull for me, Kishido's about the only person here that I've heard that likes him in such passion.
Boo tho yes, I can see why people like him since I'm one of those people as well, Boo is freaking awesome!
Don"r speak for everyone dude,17 is a very popular and well liked character and i'm sure Kishido isn't the only person who likes lmao,he was even in top 20 most popular characters list made in japan and he's about the only character with such lack of screen time yet people still appreciate him,he's my favorite character and he's quite unique,his personality is dope and he's very cool,he acts like saiyan yet he isn't a saiyan,Buu on the other hand is an annoying fatass who should have never joined the gang.
Which part of my comment was insisting that I speak for everyone dude? I clearly said I dont like 17 because he was dull for "ME", Kishido's the only person here that "I'VE" heard.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Which part of my comment was insisting that I speak for everyone dude? I clearly said I dont like 17 because he was dull for "ME", Kishido's the only person here that "I'VE" heard.
Your comment was as if people don't care for 17 when it's actually the complete opposite he's very appreciated which is exacly the reason he's coming back and being promoted more than some other characters.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Don"r speak for everyone dude,17 is a very popular and well liked character and i'm sure Kishido isn't the only person who likes lmao,he was even in top 20 most popular characters list made in japan and he's about the only character with such lack of screen time yet people still appreciate him,he's my favorite character and he's quite unique,his personality is dope and he's very cool,he acts like saiyan yet he isn't a saiyan,Buu on the other hand is an annoying fatass who should have never joined the gang.
Your comment was as if people don't care for 17 when it's actually the complete opposite he's very appreciated which is exacly the reason he's coming back and being promoted more than some other characters.
Is english by chance not your strong language ?
SansrivaaL clearly wasn't speaking for everyone, all he stated was his experience with the fandom, if he said it as a fact of the matter then your conclusion would hold some value
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Don"r speak for everyone dude,17 is a very popular and well liked character and i'm sure Kishido isn't the only person who likes lmao,he was even in top 20 most popular characters list made in japan and he's about the only character with such lack of screen time yet people still appreciate him,he's my favorite character and he's quite unique,his personality is dope and he's very cool,he acts like saiyan yet he isn't a saiyan,Buu on the other hand is an annoying fatass who should have never joined the gang.
Yeah because I dont care about him, I even went to the trouble of saying "I've" and "Me" meaning that its all from my perspective. I doubt it, Toriyama probably couldnt think of anyone else and since this tournament favors teamwork and strategy, 17 would be a perfect partner for 18.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Which part of my comment was insisting that I speak for everyone dude? I clearly said I dont like 17 because he was dull for "ME", Kishido's the only person here that "I'VE" heard.
Yeah because I dont care about him, I even went to the trouble of saying "I've" and "Me" meaning that its all from my perspective. I doubt it, Toriyama probably couldnt think of anyone else and since this tournament favors teamwork and strategy, 17 would be a perfect partner for 18.
Toiryama could have literally put anyone in their,he never gave a crap anyway,18 doesn't need no partner they're all going to fight together,if people didn't care about 17 he wouldn't have cameback just like Future Trunks,you're still underestimating him saying that he's only on the arc to be 18's partner yet he has a bigger spot on the poster than her,shows up in the intro more than her and is being promoted more than her,you can hate him or despise i wouldn't care one bit but saying the fact that you underestimate his popularity is what pisses me off,just because you dislike a character doesn't mean other people do.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Your comment was as if people don't care for 17 when it's actually the complete opposite he's very appreciated which is exacly the reason he's coming back and being promoted more than some other characters.
Toiryama could have literally put anyone in their,he never gave a crap anyway,18 doesn't need no partner they're all going to fight together,if people didn't care about 17 he wouldn't have cameback just like Future Trunks,you're still underestimating him saying that he's only on the arc to be 18's partner yet he has a bigger spot on the poster than her,shows up in the intro more than her and is being promoted more than her,you can hate him or despise i wouldn't care one bit but saying the fact that you underestimate his popularity is what pisses me off,just because you dislike a character doesn't mean other people do.
You're not understanding me are you? all of what I'm saying IS about my opinion for him, not for everyone, I wasnt speaking for everyone in the 1st place, you just assumed it for some reason, like Ki Breaker asked, english isnt your strong language is it?
PS: for the record you're the one making bold claims about 17 returning because people wanted to and thats what got him to come back, you shouldnt speak for everyone now :shh:

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Yeah because I dont care about him, I even went to the trouble of saying "I've" and "Me" meaning that its all from my perspective. I doubt it, Toriyama probably couldnt think of anyone else and since this tournament favors teamwork and strategy, 17 would be a perfect partner for 18.
You're not understanding me are you? all of what I'm saying IS about my opinion for him, not for everyone, I wasnt speaking for everyone in the 1st place, you just assumed it for some reason, like Ki Breaker asked, english isnt your strong language is it?
PS: for the record you're the one making bold claims about 17 returning because people wanted to and thats what got him to come back, you shouldnt speak for everyone now :shh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1_RDQjDM7k
Start watching at 8:50

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:18 pm

This entire thread is basically baiting. 17 and Buu aren't "nobodies" to begin with. They were antagonists of their arc and have connections to the main cast.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Toiryama could have literally put anyone in their,he never gave a crap anyway,18 doesn't need no partner they're all going to fight together,if people didn't care about 17 he wouldn't have cameback just like Future Trunks,you're still underestimating him saying that he's only on the arc to be 18's partner yet he has a bigger spot on the poster than her,shows up in the intro more than her and is being promoted more than her,you can hate him or despise i wouldn't care one bit but saying the fact that you underestimate his popularity is what pisses me off,just because you dislike a character doesn't mean other people do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1_RDQjDM7k
Start watching at 8:50
Thats a youtuber's opinions on the whole matter, he wasnt even sure if it was Toei listening to its fans or a ploy for merchandising, that doesnt prove anything. You shouldnt take what they say into heart until you see an official source about it, you shouldnt make bold statements just because you thought the youtubers words were a fact which they're not, its his opinion.