Is Kanzenshuu Becoming Toxic?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Re: Is Kanzenshuu Becoming Toxic?

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Pretty much what Kaboom said. Other forums are full of misinformed people who don't even have any idea of what they're talking about, and some are just downright horrible. As a person who was introduced to the series by a local dub and really got into it from the FUNImation dub with the Bruce Faulconer music, I'd still have to say that most dubbies are really, really misinformed and very hostile towards fans of the original Japanese. Kanzenshuu on the other hand is welcoming to both fans of the dub and the original, not to mention that many members here are more mature and level-headed than most people from other forums.

As a content creator on YouTube with over a thousand comments on my videos, I can confirm that Kanzenshuu is way more welcoming and allows for way more constructive and fun discussions than a platform like YT. I think the recent influx of new members may give you the impression that the community is becoming more "Toxic". This might be because most newer members are coming from sites like YouTube where they may be introduced to the site by someone like Geekdom101 or to a very, very lesser extent, me.

Kanzenshuu is the best damned DB related website and forum that I've ever seen. Many others are all good forums but none of them come close to this one.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:31 pm

I agree with Macky and Kaboom,this community is not as toxic as other forums. I'm glad we have people geekdom101, Mike, Ajay, Kaboom and Herms, without them we would have a lot of misinformed people, 100 debates on what's canon, and a lot of people​ falling for click bait. And without the great admins that we have in kanzenshuu, who know how to control the community, then would be a massive cluster, a lot people calling names to each other, people constantly arguing with no stop, the admins would be abusing their power and banning a lot of people over a petty reason, etc
Mostly active on discord.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Everything besides the episode threads are fine. The episode threads can get pretty bad, because it's people's raw thoughts a bit after watching it. It's very reaction based. Of course, their are some users who are toxic, but you can always block them, so it's not a huge deal.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 pm

No, I don't think so. It's a lot better than other forums.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:04 am

Toxic? Not quite but I feel there is an over looming negative atmosphere on the forums felt that way for a while now tbh. Outside of Super sub forum there doesn't seem to be anything interesting going on, looking at the General Franchise sub forum there is nothing super interesting happening there, the Kai sub forum is pretty much dead, and because of that every time I am on here it feels like I have to go on the Super sub forum, the main problem I think is peopel are not enjoying Super but continue watch so they will be liable to pick up on the negatives much more or what they deem as a negative, take this SSGSS vs 17 thing people are genuinely complaining that 17 is SSGSS level based off of a 1 second clip. Like when I was not enjoying Super I wasn't as discussing it as much and eventually dropped it but there are people here who feel much worse about the show than I did (as in genuinely find it offensive) but continue to waste time not only watching but discussing too, isn't it human nature to avoid things you hate? Then again they are continuing to support the show they hate/dislike so jokes on them? :P

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 am

I won't say it's fully toxic, yet, but it's going there..
What I am about to say might not fit well with you but that's a big reason for me more like the only reason..

Some of the newcomers are the problem, they don't know a lot and that's fine but they refuse to listen..
More knowledgeable members try being reasonable with them, they lash out instead, throwing personal insults not caring about simple logic and just being awful to talk to overall..

Just few days ago I encountered two new members, kid you not, first thing they did was throw insults instead of defending their faulty point, in both these occasions they had their facts twisted and refused to learn either..
Fanboying over a single character all the time and bringing the same old points which were proven wrong again and again seems to be their only agenda..

I still stick around because not all apples are bad here
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am

This place? toxic? far from it, since its in the rules to not personally insult someone which is a good add, we can have civil arguments and discussions here and there, that is until someone forgets it or gets heated up in the moment and decides to throw in a personal insult (I sometimes get attacked but mostly from new users) if a lot of you think this place is becoming toxic because of having opinions then literally everywhere you go will be toxic at some point. Compared to YT,MAL and CV, this place is paradise.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am

VegettoEX wrote:That all being said, the last thing we want is a perception of toxicity. The best thing you can do? If you see something, report it. We can't read every single post, and rely on the community a bit. Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome.
Question are we allowed to report if we see a post that has been poorly constructed with poor grammar etc ie hard to read? Or a post where someone replied by just a meme or emitcons or short word answer? Starting to see that creep in a lot.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 am

Please just use your best judgement in reporting posts, per the community guidelines.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 am

I don't know if "toxic" is the correct word. Does it seem to take itself more seriously than other forums, to the extent some view it as "elitist" or "snobbish"? Perhaps, and probably rightfully so given its reputation and news reliability. You wouldn't want a good overall website pulled down by a chaotic and unlawful message board. I don't personally find myself a wonderful fit for discussion here, but I do find this place an amazing resource for translations and series news in general.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

King-K9
Not-So-Newbie

Post by King-K9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:12 pm

BECOMING Toxic?

I fail to remember a time where the Dragon ball community wasn't cancerous. The fact that this is just now becoming clear to people is just baffling to me. I love Dragon ball, and I'm aware that many other people do. But this community is beyond fixing at this point.

From people arguing over whether or not GT is better than Super, to arguing about which Dub is superior. This community is so divided that it rivals the Sonic the hedgehog and Super smash brothers fandoms is terms of toxicity.

You know how many times I've been looked down upon for saying that I like Goku as a character, or that I prefer the 90s english dub over Kai and the Japanese version? More than you'd think. But that shouldn't be a big deal. We all have our own taste, we have our own opinions, we have our own ways of viewing and interpreting things.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:54 pm

King-K9 wrote:BECOMING Toxic?

I fail to remember a time where the Dragon ball community wasn't cancerous. The fact that this is just now becoming clear to people is just baffling to me. I love Dragon ball, and I'm aware that many other people do. But this community is beyond fixing at this point.

From people arguing over whether or not GT is better than Super, to arguing about which Dub is superior. This community is so divided that it rivals the Sonic the hedgehog and Super smash brothers fandoms is terms of toxicity.

You know how many times I've been looked down upon for saying that I like Goku as a character, or that I prefer the 90s english dub over Kai and the Japanese version? More than you'd think. But that shouldn't be a big deal. We all have our own taste, we have our own opinions, we have our own ways of viewing and interpreting things.
I think you're confusing toxicity with argument, disagreement. These things are healthy for a community.
Retired.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Kaboom wrote:If y'all think Kanzenshuu's community is even anywhere close to being "toxic," then... you haven't been to many other Dragon Ball forums. It'd be in poor taste to name any specific names, but the raw bile and vitriol within some other places I've visited make even the worst conversations here look like a classy black-tie dinner party by comparison.
Not just Dragon Ball, forums in general. This is easily one of the cleanest most well modded forums out there. Show me one post where someone calls someone a "fag" or "nigger" here. I've never them, and if they do exist the mods usually jump in immediately.

I have to admit, I WISH there was less moderation since I like forums with full of disgusting vitrol and insults but as far as Kanzenshuu itself goes, it really is one of the least toxic forums out there.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:58 pm

MarCas92 wrote:
Kaboom wrote:If y'all think Kanzenshuu's community is even anywhere close to being "toxic," then... you haven't been to many other Dragon Ball forums. It'd be in poor taste to name any specific names, but the raw bile and vitriol within some other places I've visited make even the worst conversations here look like a classy black-tie dinner party by comparison.
Not just Dragon Ball, forums in general. This is easily one of the cleanest most well modded forums out there. Show me one post where someone calls someone a "fag" or "nigger" here. I've never them, and if they do exist the mods usually jump in immediately.

I have to admit, I WISH there was less moderation since I like forums with full of disgusting vitrol and insults but as far as Kanzenshuu itself goes, it really is one of the least toxic forums out there.
Heh, this came pretty close, but the mods jumped right in and took action.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:19 pm

For me personally, as long as people are civil about it, it is ok to make debates, there is a guy on Youtube called Asalieri, and he made few videos about AVGN and TGWTG, it made fanboys attack his family, calling him pedophile, they even put his address, telling he give away free games, now that's toxic community i would never want to be part of.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38290
Prime example.

I don't know if "toxic" is the word, but the fact that a civilized discussion over a cartoon cannot occur because people get so worked up over nothing is fucking annoying. For fuck's sake, the vast majority of this thread is spent bitching about a one-second frame in a next-episode preview!

For the love of God, cut that shit out. And for the rest of you, just ignore those people. They'll go away.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:17 pm

The recent discussion have gotten really rough to the point the admin lock the recent episode, they have a new Norm, once a summary is realesed, they locked thread, like Soppa Saia People , when the episode comes out,It's very reaction based,is expected to have comment like that either negative or positive without knowing the context,so people will post one liners about the episode because they don't know the context of the new episode.
    I'm really questioning this decision on the admins, the admins need to post a rule in the first post of the episode discussion,to let's us know to avoid a thread lock.

Kamiccolo9
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:40 pm

The gr wrote:The recent discussion have gotten really rough to the point the admin lock the recent episode, they have a new Norm, once a summary is realesed, they locked thread, like Soppa Saia People , when the episode comes out,It's very reaction based,is expected to have comment like that either negative or positive without knowing the context,so people will post one liners about the episode because they don't know the context of the new episode.
      I'm really questioning this decision on the admins, the admins need to post a rule in the first post of the episode discussion,to let's us know to avoid a thread lock.
      The thread lock wouldn't be necessary if the posters in those threads would quit acting like obnoxious children. Enough is enough.
      Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
      Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
      Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
      Malik_DBNA wrote:
      Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
      "Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
      The gr wrote:The recent discussion have gotten really rough to the point the admin lock the recent episode, they have a new Norm, once a summary is realesed, they locked thread, like Soppa Saia People , when the episode comes out,It's very reaction based,is expected to have comment like that either negative or positive without knowing the context,so people will post one liners about the episode because they don't know the context of the new episode.
        The thread lock wouldn't be necessary if the posters in those threads would quit acting like obnoxious children. Enough is enough.
        Touche,I think this whole thing started ever since krillin spar with goku,I just knew the premises of this arc is going to be controversial with the power scale, and I know a lot of people love powerscaling over everything, So is expected to have comments like that,in fact there's interview about a producer questioning the reaction of fandom when they see roshi figthing,so we're not only the only ones with the same reaction, but is necessary for the episode lock, because I'm usually seeing the same comments over and over, people only paying attention to power levels with out knowing how good the episode was
        Last edited by The gr on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
        I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Like the ancient proverb says: "This."
        I fail to find much of a reason to call Kanzenshuu "toxic" without broadening my definition of "toxic" quite a lot. Of course it's not a perfect community (episode discussion threads in particular have started getting nasty, and we also had that old "Rule 8: The admin is a lady" situation :lol: ), but I believe that such a thing as a perfect community does not exist in the first place. This site is a much better (much less "toxic") place to discuss Super episodes than on videos on Youtube, for example. Things get nasty on the internet, that's just a fact, and when you consider that, this place is just fine. :mrgreen:
        888th post!
        Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
        JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
        Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link