"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Footlong Shoe wrote:I was hoping that trailer would show at least a little tease of the Super Saiyan 3 transformation scene. Still looks like it'll continue to be a quality dub.
Sean teased it a while ago! He said he did something that burned him out but fans will appreciate, someone replied with SS3 for Buu Kai and he liked it.
There are a lot of things to anticipate in this dub, another being Vegeta's sacrifice, or well anything with Vegeta actually since Sabat was that bad in old Z dub.
I wouldn't say Sabat was bad during this saga in the original dub, but the scripts were.
He still hammed most of his line deliveries, and every single line had weird inflections. He didn't start getting decent until the Ultimate Uncut and Orange Brick redubbing (his Kid Buu and GT episodes were too gruff). Even then, he was still too flat, and his yelling was more like grunting.

Now, in Kai, he has much more range and much more natural line deliveries. His Vegeta is probably the biggest improvement of the returning cast members.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sean teased it a while ago! He said he did something that burned him out but fans will appreciate, someone replied with SS3 for Buu Kai and he liked it.
There are a lot of things to anticipate in this dub, another being Vegeta's sacrifice, or well anything with Vegeta actually since Sabat was that bad in old Z dub.
I wouldn't say Sabat was bad during this saga in the original dub, but the scripts were.
He still hammed most of his line deliveries, and every single line had weird inflections. He didn't start getting decent until the Ultimate Uncut and Orange Brick redubbing (his Kid Buu and GT episodes were too gruff). Even then, he was still too flat, and his yelling was more like grunting.

Now, in Kai, he has much more range and much more natural line deliveries. His Vegeta is probably the biggest improvement of the returning cast members.
Yup, his delivery of "now let us begin" in this clip for example was awful, line itself was absolutely fine.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:"THe mother fucker who uploaded this video didnt allow viewing from your fucking country" It may have been more polite than that though.
Change the word Tube in the YouTube link to Pak. It will work

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:13 am

Did Goku call the Supreme Kai "Shin" in the Z dub or is this a Kai thing?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:16 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:Did Goku call the Supreme Kai "Shin" in the Z dub or is this a Kai thing?
That is the name supreme kai uses to enter the tournament in both dubs

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 am

Oh yeah, if I had just waited a few minutes I could have seen that in the show lol. I haven't watched Kai in weeks or the Buu saga in a while so sorry for my forgetfulness :lol:
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:20 am

AzuraRacon wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:Did Goku call the Supreme Kai "Shin" in the Z dub or is this a Kai thing?
That is the name supreme kai uses to enter the tournament in both dubs
Isn't it in the Japanese version too, since they have to take up pseudonyms?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:27 am

Gohan's Ssj2 transformation was better than I remember. The animation, his surroundings, his aura and hair, it was all really well done. It's a shame we'll NEVER see anything like that in modern DB.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:28 am

sintzu wrote:Gohan's Ssj2 transformation was better than I remember. The animation, his surroundings, his aura and hair, it was all really well done. It's a shame we'll NEVER see anything like that in modern DB.
Do you have to always throw shade at modern DB when discussing Kai? It's getting rather old at this point.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:56 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Do you have to always throw shade at modern DB when discussing Kai? It's getting rather old at this point.
It's hard not to when watching them back to back and at least I'm not throwing shade on everything the original did just to try to make Super look better than it is.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:47 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Do you have to always throw shade at modern DB when discussing Kai? It's getting rather old at this point.
It's hard not to when watching them back to back and at least I'm not throwing shade on everything the original did just to try to make Super look better than it is.
Nobody is throwing shade at the original, at most people are noticing that things in the original weren't as well written as they seemed, but the point was I don't want to open a Kai thread and have this negativity about Super seeping in here. It's ridiculous.

LettuceJUMP
Beyond Newbie

Post by LettuceJUMP » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 am

Slowish episode. I don't notice the pacing increase yet. Love the transformation and vegeta's comment.
They changed supreme kai's line of "he's still the strongest one here".
Only a week away from the first blu-ray final chapter of kai. Can't wait.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:07 pm

LettuceJUMP wrote:Slowish episode. I don't notice the pacing increase yet. Love the transformation and vegeta's comment.
The only real pace differences I can see from the series is the Japanese version, where they cut down the first 8-10 episodes even further than they were for the international, original, cut of the series when it aired in Japan. Unless they cut more stuff later in the arc that I don't know about.

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:33 pm

LettuceJUMP wrote:Slowish episode. I don't notice the pacing increase yet. Love the transformation and vegeta's comment.
Thanks for the reminder I completely forgot about the release coming up. Preordering now! I will say I am liking how quickly they are releasing Kai.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:36 am

Really enjoying the dub so far. Honestly, as many times as I've read it in the manga, I've never watched the Buu saga from start to finish in the anime (I don't think I've seen any of it beyond highlights in English; I still have my old fansub VHS for the Majin Vegeta and Vegito portions though). The scripts and acting are superb. Preferred the Yamamoto score for the original Kai through Cell, undecided how I feel about the Buu soundtrack. Hoping that Sabat will do a great job for the sacrifice stuff and things leading up to it.

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:08 am

My final chapters part 1 has shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow. Will be on here to let you guys know if TFS made it onto the home release.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 am

Unfortunately according to a post in a different forum Team Four Stars part did not make it on to the Blu Rays. It is just the recycled Z audio :/

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:Unfortunately according to a post in a different forum Team Four Stars part did not make it on to the Blu Rays. It is just the recycled Z audio :/
Well THAT sucks to no end.
"A post in a different forum"? What post & which forum?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Scsigs wrote:
rs_chaosmaster wrote:Unfortunately according to a post in a different forum Team Four Stars part did not make it on to the Blu Rays. It is just the recycled Z audio :/
Well THAT sucks to no end.
"A post in a different forum"? What post & which forum?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37207&start=20
Retired.

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Starting now. All discs are in one case, kinda flimsy. English intro and ending songs. This is my first time watching Kai Final Chapters and wow, even the eye catches are riddled with spoilers for events later in the arc.