"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:37 am

Can't believe this is actually happening, it feels so surreal after waiting this long. :lol:

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Someone probably planned to anyway but it never hurts to ask; could whoever gets their set first check if the TFS scene made it to the blurays?
I'm hopeful that it's still there since the sets were never delayed but with them being so far off at the time anyway it's all up in the air until someone has them in their hands

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:56 pm

AzuraRacon wrote:Someone probably planned to anyway but it never hurts to ask; could whoever gets their set first check if the TFS scene made it to the blurays?
I'm hopeful that it's still there since the sets were never delayed but with them being so far off at the time anyway it's all up in the air until someone has them in their hands
ohaimynameiserik, from the main Funimation discussion thread, said he's planning to let us know tomorrow. Keep an eye out!
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Ramble123

Post by Ramble123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 pm

Just got my copy in today and needless to say, it's so amazing!! I can confirm now that there is no TFS cast for that scene on the blurays. I have no clue why to be honest. I barely noticed the green tint. As if it wasn't there! I don't know. Maybe some of you guys may notice it once you get it, but I don't at all. This set ends with the beginning of the Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight! Shame they didn't include more, so I guess we'll have to wait till the next set. It's going to come out next month I believe. The aspect ratio is need 16:9, as expected. The last disc on the set actually includes 20 minutes of extra commentary from the voice actors! Pretty funny stuff. Overall, I can't wait to hear your guys' thoughts on this! I'm so hyped for the next set!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Ramble123 wrote:I barely noticed the green tint. As if it wasn't there! I don't know. Maybe some of you guys may notice it once you get it, but I don't at all.
It has to be there, we would have known a good deal in advance if there were any plans to alter the footage. It's fine if you don't notice it, but I don't want anyone to be mislead just because someone didn't calibrate their screen properly or doesn't have an eye for correct colors, or just because someone didn't know any better.
Retired.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:56 am

Ramble123 wrote: I can confirm now that there is no TFS cast for that scene on the blurays. I have no clue why to be honest.
It's Toei just being Toei.

Can you post an image of the back cover ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:57 am

Not really a surprise. It was inevitable that they'd just leave in the Z recordings there. It's not a big deal since it's just a filler scene with no real impact, but without any official explanation, it just looks lazy to recycle audio like that.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 am

Is the FUNimation Blu-ray region free? I'm from Australia, we use Region B and I want to buy it off of Amazon.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:51 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Is the FUNimation Blu-ray region free? I'm from Australia, we use Region B and I want to buy it off of Amazon.
I'll know for sure later when my copy arrives, but according to FUNI's site it's region A only.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Ramble123 wrote:Just got my copy in today and needless to say, it's so amazing!! I can confirm now that there is no TFS cast for that scene on the blurays. I have no clue why to be honest. I barely noticed the green tint. As if it wasn't there! I don't know. Maybe some of you guys may notice it once you get it, but I don't at all. This set ends with the beginning of the Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight! Shame they didn't include more, so I guess we'll have to wait till the next set. It's going to come out next month I believe. The aspect ratio is need 16:9, as expected. The last disc on the set actually includes 20 minutes of extra commentary from the voice actors! Pretty funny stuff. Overall, I can't wait to hear your guys' thoughts on this! I'm so hyped for the next set!
Speaking from the TV broadcasts, it's kind of like the Sailor Moon season 1 Blu-Rays for me, with their infamous ghosting problems. It's noticeable in some episodes, but not every one, so it all comes down to personal experience. It definitely seems to be prevalent in earlier episodes than the ones after, but that's not to say it isn't there. Definitely where you notice it the most is Bulma's hair being more teal than blue, as it should be blue, because of the tint.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Is the FUNimation Blu-ray region free? I'm from Australia, we use Region B and I want to buy it off of Amazon.
I'll know for sure later when my copy arrives, but according to FUNI's site it's region A only.
Got my copy. So awesome to finally have this. It is region A only.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 pm

As expected, Super Saiyan Swagger your best bet is to wait for Madmans then, though if you have a BD drive on your laptop/pc then there are software that can remove region coding might be worth looking into that.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
As expected, Super Saiyan Swagger your best bet is to wait for Madmans then, though if you have a BD drive on your laptop/pc then there are software that can remove region coding might be worth looking into that.
Thanks for the help. I have a region free Blu-ray player, but I prefer owning a copy that's in region B so that I can watch it wherever without the hassle of the show not working on other players. Looks like I'm gonna wait for the Madman release.

Kinda bizarre that the FUNimation Dragon Ball Z season Blu-rays were region free but the Kai Blu-rays are region locked.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thanks for the help. I have a region free Blu-ray player, but I prefer owning a copy that's in region B so that I can watch it wherever without the hassle of the show not working on other players. Looks like I'm gonna wait for the Madman release.

Kinda bizarre that the FUNimation Dragon Ball Z season Blu-rays were region free but the Kai Blu-rays are region locked.
I can certainly understand that, I'm from the UK and we have the same region code as you Aussies and Kiwi's though I have a BD drive on my laptop but it's just too much hassle like there's not remote once you plugged in into the TV you can't forward, rewind or pause without doing it manually can be annoying at times especially after a long day and your there wasting time fiddling around heh.

FUNi have pretty much been locking everything lately even their site! They switched "Fairy Tail" from Region A,B to Region A during Part 11 onwards (that was freaking frustrating as hell) recently their release of "Gosick" was initially solicitated as Region A,B as indicated by the back of BD cover but recently they updated the BD cover on their site to A only now... /: I think it is so sub-lincesors like Madman have less people from those countries importing from FUNi.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thanks for the help. I have a region free Blu-ray player, but I prefer owning a copy that's in region B so that I can watch it wherever without the hassle of the show not working on other players. Looks like I'm gonna wait for the Madman release.

I can certainly understand that, I'm from the UK and we have the same region code as you Aussies and Kiwi's though I have a BD drive on my laptop but it's just too much hassle like there's not remote once you plugged in into the TV you can't forward, rewind or pause without doing it manually can be annoying at times especially after a long day and your there wasting time fiddling around heh.

FUNi have pretty much been locking everything lately even their site! They switched "Fairy Tail" from Region A,B to Region A during Part 11 onwards (that was freaking frustrating as hell) recently their release of "Gosick" was initially solicitated as Region A,B as indicated by the back of BD cover but recently they updated the BD cover on their site to A only now... /: I think it is so sub-lincesors like Madman have less people from those countries importing from FUNi.
It's worse now cause Funi aren't even getting Madman to do some releases here. My Hero Academia is a $80 Blu-ray from I believe Universal. I bought a region free blu-ray just so I could import that. It's getting really inconsistent from Funimation though, Assassination Classroom, Shimoneta and Dagashi Kashi are all Region A/B and they just came out this year. Yet My Hero Academia and Dragon Ball Kai Final Chapters are A only. It's even worse when you notice Kai parts 1-8 are region A/B and now Final Chapters is region A only.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Luckily enough, it's incredibly easy to get around region codes with a capable PC or region-free player.
Retired.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:28 am

sintzu wrote:
Ramble123 wrote: I can confirm now that there is no TFS cast for that scene on the blurays. I have no clue why to be honest.

https://twitter.com/Scsigs/status/855291529237209088

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 am

Scsigs wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Thanks. It's a lot better than the original seasons.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 am

sintzu wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Thanks. It's a lot better than the original seasons.
The season sets are good as is. Where they're different comes down to stylistic changes they made since season 4 came out. I'm looking on the back of Battle of Gods' case & it has the same design. Things just got shifted over & some text got shrunk, plus there's Gohan & Goten training above the description of the arc. Everything's streamlined & I like it more because it looks better, not to take away my first sentence there, but it's more visually exciting now.
That came out way different than I was intending.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 am

Scsigs wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Lmao they are still using Kai is awesome from DVDTalk? Does anyone even use DVDTalk anymore lol.