"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:46 am

If the Saiyan Girl is appearing in tonight's episode, that means we might finally get a look at Planet Sadala! :D

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:If the Saiyan Girl is appearing in tonight's episode, that means we might finally get a look at Planet Sadala! :D
I hope you're right. It's been a long time coming. One of the many potential localizations the show failed to explore. The Universe has so much to explore and we're stuck on Earth.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 am

LightBing wrote: The Universe has so much to explore and we're stuck on Earth.
*Explode :P

On a serious note, we will more than likely explore other planets as the tournament ends, there really aren't many more things to do except maybe explore other Universes..
And if sadala survives they will visit it in a mini arc, which I highly doubt at this point, it seems like they want to eradicate the Saiyans once again to not have an overdose of Saiyans, it's speculation on my part right now though
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:06 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:If the Saiyan Girl is appearing in tonight's episode, that means we might finally get a look at Planet Sadala! :D
I'm a little dissapointed that we don't get a whole episode of training, but if we get to see sadala then I guess I'm fine with it! Also, if Fembroly is a Savage acting character (she looks like she's wearing cave men clothes ) then she could be extremely interesting. Especially if she's like that because the saiyans were scared of her.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:27 am

It'd be amazing if Fem Broly turns out to be the Queen of Saiyans.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:29 am

SansrivaaL wrote:It'd be amazing if Fem Broly turns out to be the Queen of Saiyans.
With what little information we have about her, it seems to me she will be Cabbas sister, she is kinda young to be a queen and gives more of a teenage girl vibe
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:35 am

I'm curious to know if that Broly form is another super saiyan God form :? everything is possible in super.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:04 pm

A potential Super Saiyan 2 Gohan and the new Saiyan will also appear tonight. When was the last time I was hyped for a Dragon Ball Super episode!? :o Even I myself don't know.

Hopefully we get more information, more about her, more about Saiyans, more about planet Sadala! Please don't be another boring episode!
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Relieved to finally, hopefully, get a name to call not!Brolli. Would like to see the king too, but won't get my hopes up.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Breaking!

Today, Toyotaro, guest at Napoli Comicon in Naples (Italy), said on Dragon Ball Super future: "we are preparing the ground to direct Dragon Ball Super into original Dragon Ball Z ending."

Source: Dragon Ball Italia on Twitter https://twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS/status ... 6026387456
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Kouga wrote:Breaking!

Today, Toyotaro, guest at Napoli Comicon in Naples (Italy), said on Dragon Ball Super future: "we are preparing the ground to direct Dragon Ball Super into original Dragon Ball Z ending."

Source: Dragon Ball Italia on Twitter https://twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS/status ... 6026387456
Could it be? We'll reach or go past EoZ after possibly this arc?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
LightBing wrote: The Universe has so much to explore and we're stuck on Earth.
*Explode :P

On a serious note, we will more than likely explore other planets as the tournament ends, there really aren't many more things to do except maybe explore other Universes..
And if sadala survives they will visit it in a mini arc, which I highly doubt at this point, it seems like they want to eradicate the Saiyans once again to not have an overdose of Saiyans, it's speculation on my part right now though
They could have done that times and times before.
Dragon Ball track record isn't the best; after BoG let's fight on Earth with an old villain; after U6 and U7 tournament let's fight on Earth but in the Future and now let's fight in a remote place which is so full of nothing it doesn't even have time(or time doesn't pass).

I wonder what this exactly means...
Do they now have a specific plan and are willing to give us dates, setting up a time-skip. Or is preparing ground in the way they have been doing it now, go with the flow and eventually we'll get there.
Thanks for the scoop.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Does that mean the ToP Arc will be the last one before heading to EoZ/Going beyond it? I hope Toyble is in charge of heading beyond EoZ.

I want to see grown up Pan, Uub, who deserve redeemption after what GT did to them.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:31 pm

The saiyan girl better get a name, and we need to know what universe she's from
Mostly active on discord.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:31 pm

FemBroly is here and thus begins the official era of *shlock Super!"
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:32 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:FemBroly is here and thus begins the official era of *shlock Super!"
Wait you mean that didn't begin back when we started giving everyone a different hair color?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:FemBroly is here and thus begins the official era of *shlock Super!"
We've been there since day one doc so don't know where you been.

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Well, the Italian tweet text says "direct Dragon Ball Super" not "direct Dragon Ball Super ending / finale" ... so, we can assume it goes beyond that point. Unfortunately he said nothing more about it.
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:34 pm

I felt that happening this arc. I can't say I'm too surprised.

I don't care about EoZ or the next gen much, so depending on how this goes this might be the time for me to ease on out of here. At the very least I won't be rushing to watch it live and that's one less thing for me to worry about on weekends. It'll also be less manga to buy. I'll stay semi-active as long as Gokû's on Super as a main, but once he's gone I'll stop following Super.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Wait you mean that didn't begin back when we started giving everyone a different hair color?
Please, new hair colors are nothing when Broly is being put in. Shit better go to even greater lows afterwards with SS5 and Bardock getting shoehorned in too.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):