Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 86

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Some cool promo art I came across:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Really like the way the hair looks here. There is so much promo art for DBS but you get some really good ones.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Some new pics of #88 in this article.
http://www.animatetimes.com/news/detail ... ge_share=7

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Sodhi wrote:Some new pics of #88 in this article.
http://www.animatetimes.com/news/detail ... ge_share=7
Episode looks nice, I'm excited.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Yes, it is looking really good. I am hyped too, even more than before now.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Man they do really look good . i can't wait bring it already

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:07 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Gashif Aldi wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:The script writers have nothing to do with the production of Dragon Ball Super; that's for pre-production. It's the key animators that are vital for the improvement of the production process. Without any extra times key animators need to complete cuts ahead of schedule, we are still pretty much stuck in the hellish schedule.
The script is also important, because it executed how the story goes, then adapted into Storyboard, finally it became an animation. So more time on script, better story.

Like, the manga have less plotholes than the anime.
Examples: No Asspulls, Rosè explanation, Goku actually doing Mafuba, better executed overall.
So the fact that the script writing in the production is rushed, makes thing worse.

If the schedule was good at the start, then we would still had Chioka directing the series. If Chioka is still here with good schedule, the story would have changed a lot.
The way it executed, the way how the plot points connect together, good filler, and the comedy of course.

So both are important, the script is essentially the story itself, and the animation just executed that script. I mean SSB Kaioken itself is from Chioka's direction.
What your saying is that by improving the schedule and giving more time to polishing the script, we might actually finally recieve some truly satisfying and meaningful story arcs that don't make the actions of the characters completely pointless and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Yep, pretty much. I'm pretty bad at english. Thanks.
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:46 am

Nasryyy wrote:Man they do really look good . i can't wait bring it already
Okay, what is up with the censoring here? I can understand censoring red blood in a situation like this, they did it a lot with Hokuto No Ken, but why here? Piccolo's an alien and his blood is purple, why not just have it purple since it basically accomplishes the same thing as making it white?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 am

Damn it... Why can't we see some blood??? In this case it would be purple so the censorship makes even less sense.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:48 am

Looks like they're using the same crazy rain effect that they used in 84.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:52 am

emperior wrote:Damn it... Why can't we see some blood??? In this case it would be purple so the censorship makes even less sense.
Maybe it's... Not blood.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

BakaManiaHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by BakaManiaHD » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:55 am

Octorockandroll wrote: Maybe it's... Not blood.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kill me

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 am

KameNinja45 wrote:Image
Looks like they're using the same crazy rain effect that they used in 84.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The crazy rain effect is a genius move imo. They'res also some extra shots released. Looks like this'll be a great looking episode.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Is this Eguchi's cut from RoF, the one which Yamamuro heavily corrected ? I don't have any idea about his style tbh.
https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/17814

Again was having a look at the fight scene from #86 and man I am glad that it didn't had any Yamamuro overcorrections, Thank god for Mama Tsuji <3 :D
https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/32991

I am glad that important animators have their freedom in the series now since Yamamuro isn't directly involved in the series anymore and hasn't been in a really long time. Hope it attracts a few new animators to the series.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:16 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/quote][/spoiler]

The first image has no filter. The second one has good amount of it. I really like the filter though. I wonder if Nagamine didn't liked Super's pallete, because the filter does tend to make it look very different. The 2nd image is a good example of that. I also wonder if he really likes those highlights on character's faces. I mean they are a lot less visible nowadays, though they look very flashy at times, especially when characters power up. The image below is a good example. Its lot less severe now and the one on Gotenks is almost invisible.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:12 pm

[/spoiler]
Ugh, what the heck? That looks nasty. Are those supposed to be sparks? They look like the scratches you see on somebody's phone. And the blue lightening looks as ugly as ever.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
[/spoiler]
Ugh, what the heck? That looks nasty. Are those supposed to be sparks? They look like the scratches you see on somebody's phone. And the blue lightening looks as ugly as ever.
The scratches is the rain going crazy because of their power.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:41 pm

kinisking wrote: The scratches is the rain going crazy because of their power.
Really? I couldn't tell that for a second. Wait, the rain goes crazy? Yeah, imma have to get back with y'all on that one. They better have some rocks flying around or something.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
kinisking wrote: The scratches is the rain going crazy because of their power.
Really? I couldn't tell that for a second. Wait, the rain goes crazy? Yeah, imma have to get back with y'all on that one. They better have some rocks flying around or something.
Go a little bit further up in the thread and you'll see it happening with Krillin versus Goku. I think arched thunder posted it.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Having no blood just ruins everything. The fights are just not the same without the battle damage. They can't even add on blood scratches anymore? Does the blu rays provide any blood?

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Nope sorry. What we see here is what you would get in the Blu Ray :(.