A UK Imperfect Cell advert I am looking for

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

A UK Imperfect Cell advert I am looking for

Post by JAKEMAN » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:44 pm

I remember when the Imperfect Cell story arc was just about to arrive over here in the UK on cartoon network, a rather dark advert was shown late at night. I will describe best I can what it was like,

Shots of Trafalgar square in black and white, it is empty and silent, kind of like 28 days later.

A lone man is running about looking around, he has a megaphone in his hand and starts to shout.

"A monster is coming, run for your lives"

It then cuts to scenes form the show of Cell sneaking around in Nicky town?(I can't remember). But they are made to look like they are in London. The man continues,

"But do not worry for we have an army of warriors coming from the four corners of the globe"

I believe there were then shots of Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta and Trunks. He then goes on to shout about four times

"Cell is here"

That is what I could remember of it, I never had a copy of it but I have always remembered it, I only remembered the advert now because of the last podcast episode.I was wondering does anyone own this advert in some shape or form? Does anyone actually remember this advert?
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Damn....That ad came on a few years ago. Funny ad, I forgot all about it becuase DBZ was basically completely 'eradicated' from the UK. You described it pretty well. I think i had it on tape somewhere. I tried looking for it, no luck. Sorry, I'll try look again later. :D

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Son Gohan wrote:Damn....That ad came on a few years ago. Funny ad, I forgot all about it becuase DBZ was basically completely 'eradicated' from the UK. You described it pretty well. I think i had it on tape somewhere. I tried looking for it, no luck. Sorry, I'll try look again later. :D
Hope you find it, I also remember another UK advert for the Cell Games where they used Triple H's theme "Time to play the game", with their usual Cartoon network voice over doing a tough voice to sound like a wrestler.
DS Friend Code

b_boult
Beyond Newbie

Post by b_boult » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:05 am

I still have this advert on a tape, and actually made an off-screen video of it a while back although annoyingly I lost the clip. I can make another though if you'd like? I ask this because the quality will be pretty negligable, but I'll try to make it as good as possible. The advert itself is easily the best we got in the UK.

He is coming,

He is coming,

HE, IS, COMIIIIIIIIIIIIING 8)

Edit: Actually I'll wait for Son Gohan to see if he can find his first, as he probably he has a better way of capturing video.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:59 am

YES! I WANT TO SEE IT TOO! IT WAS EXCELLENT!

*Heart starts thumping fast*

I was thinking the same thing the other day, funny enough. :shock:

And there's also some pretty awesome UK Movie promos- they made the movies actually look awesome. I have these on tape.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:04 am

this is great, I didn't think anyone would remember it. Please any kind of footage you guys can get of it would be great. Son Gohan and b_boult you guys rule :D
DS Friend Code

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:41 am

I really can't find that advert. :cry: If not tapes, then it should be somewhere on the internet, off to the world wide web.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:00 pm

I remember that advert. It was really funny, but i would like to see it again. :lol:
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

b_boult
Beyond Newbie

Post by b_boult » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Haha it's a good job I went hunting for the advert then, if you can't find it Son Gohan. Just to let you know you're all very lucky. The original tapes I remember having it on got overwritten with some BBC Parliament shit so I had to see if the advert was on another tape, and thankfully I found one. However, my digital camera isn't working, so I'm gonna have to borrow one off a friend, which can be easily arranged by tomorrow. So you won't have to wait long.

b_boult
Beyond Newbie

Post by b_boult » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp8cDTD_xg

*3 weeks later*

I've put the advert on YouTube. Unfortunately, none of my friends ended up having anything like a decent camcorder, or a camera with a decent video record function. So this is as good as it's gonna get for the moment I'm afraid.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:46 pm

What is that creepy image of Goku at the end? :shock:

b_boult
Beyond Newbie

Post by b_boult » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:49 pm

Haha, I was going to record more of that simply to prompt that question 8) It's some guy edited to look like Goku, and it was basically the ident they used throughout a DBZ Marathon week CN:UK were holding.

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:06 pm

Oooh flashback! The pixel DBZ ad always stood out most for me though. With the vector Dr Slump one coming second.
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:33 pm

LOL. Erm, what an interesting advert, especially the warped Goku at the end.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:57 pm

Damn, people sure do love those UK adverts. chibi_goten was musing on one such promo just the other week in a different thread, as I recall.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Ah yes thank you so much, yes I remember the "Goku" he he good times good times, b_boult you are awesome!
DS Friend Code

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:29 pm

b_boult wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp8cDTD_xg

*3 weeks later*

I've put the advert on YouTube. Unfortunately, none of my friends ended up having anything like a decent camcorder, or a camera with a decent video record function. So this is as good as it's gonna get for the moment I'm afraid.
Does anyone have a better quality version?
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:56 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Damn, people sure do love those UK adverts. chibi_goten was musing on one such promo just the other week in a different thread, as I recall.

~Da Lemmy
Yeah I was, I'm still trying to find it, but it's looking very um. We'll go with not very promising. :(

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:40 am

I had NTl Cable when that came out, so I missed it. Then got Digital and it was already up to Great Saiyaman.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:34 am

That advert was pretty good.

What the Hell was that thing supposed to be at the end? He doesn't even LOOK like Goku. :shock:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku