"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat May 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Slaythe wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
You said earlier that you have seen positive feeback about 17 and I am saying what I have observed about the other characters is that they are more popular than 17.
This is dumb.

17 was written off the show so he's not as popular as characters thrown in your face constantly for 20 years, sure.

17 has always been popular considering how little screen time he actually had, that's why they brought him back for GT, gave him extended role in Heroes, and is now back into the main cast in Super.

Since his return in Super, the feedback has been really good for 17 (his looks, voice, personality and abilities), the only negative thing was "how he got so powerful", which isn't exactly linked to the character itself but Super's writing.

After 17 shines in this arc, he will definitely rank far higher than he did just based off Z.
PREACH ! this is everything i've been trying to say.
17 might get a little boost in popularity but after a few months his popularity will be back to normal.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 pm

precita wrote:Would this be the 8th time?

1st time: Freeza on Namek
2nd time: Cyborg Freeza
3rd time: Pikkon knocking out Freeza in Hell
4th time: The "fake" Freeza in the Tuffles special from the videogame
5th time: Freeza in Movie 12 where Gohan kills him
6th time: GT appearance
7th time: Return of F and in Super

Also if you count the Bardock special as another appearance for him that makes 8.
I consider using his likeness for points as even more Freeza appearances.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat May 06, 2017 7:32 pm

If Freeza does not join the team, I will stop watching Super.

But seriously, I really do want that to happen and have been pulling for it since the arc was announced.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
kinisking wrote:I don't see why people would be so opposed with Freeza coming back as long as he's not going to be a villian. They'res so many different ways to write him as an ally. Why get mad at seeing him like 4 times, when we've seen Vegeta and piccolo much more times ?
Sorry but this is a serious comparison man? Vegeta and Piccolo are part of the main cast, Freeza not. That would not be the 4th time but the 8th! Yes I'm considering the TV Special, the lost OVA, fillers and GT because are all part of the animation so it counts as the times he came back in the franchise as a whole
And what if they bring him back to turn him into part of the main cast ? Why shouldn't be be allowed the same privilege as the other characters ? I would get it if he was going to be a villian again but this would be different.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Vados_chan wrote:All this discussion over something that is clearly fake?
Just let them enjoy themselves until it officially gets debunked.

Oh, and happy 2017th page!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat May 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
It would be hard to write Freeeza as an ally in my opinion. There would be so much animosity and tension between Vegeta and Freeza that there would certainly be a confrontation. Vegeta would never allow Freeza to be on the team.

Keep in mind Freeza destroyed his home planet, killed his father, forced Vegeta to work for him for many years, and brutally beat him & killed him back on Namek just to name a few. You don't just forget that and let the guy become your ally. Other Z fighters wouldn't like it too, Krillin would have nightmares and everyone else would be weary.
Vegeta forgiving Freeza would be great character development for the both of them. Vegetas had a lot of his terrible shit be forgiven, so he'd be a hypocrite if he never forgave Freeza.
Yes but Vegeta eventually got the point of making it up by attempting to take Buu out by blowing himself up, then helping with the Kid Buu fight and throwing his pride away with Beerus in order to save everybody. Forgiving Freeza out the blue based on absolutely nothing would not be great.
I didn't mean forgive him immediately. It could happen at the end of the tournament​.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat May 06, 2017 7:39 pm

My biggest issue with Frieza returning is actually...he doesn't fit with this sort of setting?

Like the tournament has an emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and Frieza's never going to play ball with those filthy monkeys, the bald midget who cut his tail off or a Namekian who despises him. Not that I imagine Krillin, Piccolo, Gohan or Vegeta would be okay with him on the team since he's killed them all at one point or another. Hell, he's tried to kill all four of them at least twice each. Tien, Roshi and 18 are probably similarly not okay with this.
Speaking of; a rule of the tournament is no killing. Which is Frieza's favourite past time. Killing everyone and everything. Often for no reason. Including his most loyal henchmen. For minor infractions. Because he's Frieza. Instant disqualification?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Sat May 06, 2017 7:39 pm

People want Frieza back? Hasn't he suffered enough humiliation?

Maybe he could lose to Kale or Cauliflower.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 pm

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote: Vegeta forgiving Freeza would be great character development for the both of them. Vegetas had a lot of his terrible shit be forgiven, so he'd be a hypocrite if he never forgave Freeza.
Yes but Vegeta eventually got the point of making it up by attempting to take Buu out by blowing himself up, then helping with the Kid Buu fight and throwing his pride away with Beerus in order to save everybody. Forgiving Freeza out the blue based on absolutely nothing would not be great.
I didn't mean forgive him immediately. It could happen at the end of the tournament​.
Hell no this isn't naruto dude.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat May 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Freeza absolutely wouldn't gel with the rest of the cast, but it'd be an interesting predicament for exactly that reason.

In-universe, I've argued that someone as capricious and amoral as Beerus, backed into a corner at this point, would absolutely think about reviving the almost-as-strong-as-Goku-and-Vegeta Freeza as well.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat May 06, 2017 7:44 pm

They should just revive Frieza so they can all have practice against a potential Silver/Golden/Platinum Frost.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Sat May 06, 2017 7:51 pm

This ridiculous voice has not yet been denied by any source? Is a bit frustrating continue to have the feeling that such terrific senarius is possible.

Of course, I will not have the slightest interest to follow a series that touches a huge levels of ridicule plot like this, so i hope it will be denied as soon as possible.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Cauli and femBroly are 2 different characters! yaaay more saiyan female!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Two female saiyans yay!!!
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat May 06, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 06, 2017 8:18 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Cauli and femBroly are 2 different characters! yaaay more saiyan female!

I cannot believe what I'm seeing...

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat May 06, 2017 8:20 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Cauli and femBroly are 2 different characters! yaaay more saiyan female!

I cannot believe what I'm seeing...
So the only other SSJs in Cabbas universe are female?
Are they related?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Nice to know that there really are two female Saiyans. But we pretty much knew this was the case since "Kale" was revealed.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 pm

I'm so glad the speculation can end now that we know they are two different characters.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Kale is cute AF !

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 06, 2017 8:30 pm

That NEP, seems they wont BS Gohan's powerup as Goku was only SSJ2 fighting equally with Ultimate Gohan, yes Toei keep it that way, have him go SSJ3 for all I care (Ultimate Vs SSJ3 will my dream match finally come true?!) you guys shoulda went with Goku going SSJ2/3 with the others as well.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Sat May 06, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.