(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:29 pm

My drive to create a parody YouTube channel full of clickbait videos like "NEW INTRO!! Goku Might Have Black Hair?" is increasing.

"Now, a lot of you Dragon Dudes and Dudettes have been asking me about this one. And yes -- I have watched the new opening. And after careful analysis, it has led me to believe that Goku may have black hair in the upcoming arc. Let's look at the hints, here, here, and here (red arrows and circles directing the viewers' eye toward random parts of Goku's hair in the intro scene).

This would all align with evidence previously in the series, that Goku might have black hair. You can see here in the Saiyan Saga, Goku has black hair. And here, if you look closely when he's talking to Krillin, you can see -- that's right -- he has black hair here too. Now, I don't know for sure exactly what's going on with it, but it seems like just the sort of thing Toei would add.

If you have thoughts on Goku having black hair in the new arc, let me know. And let me know what your predictions are for the new arc! Be sure to like, subscribe, and leave your opinions in the comments. And be sure to check back next week, when I interview Gohan's barber about the bang being the true source of his power."
Last edited by Cipher on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:47 pm

I really don't want Goku to get another form. I think Toriyama/Toei should stop while they're ahead with Super Saiyan Blue and just call it a day. I mean, how many times can they really recolour Super Saiyan and pass it off as another new form? I really hope what we saw in the opening was just a literal red herring.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Cipher wrote:My drive to create a parody YouTube channel full of clickbait videos like "NEW INTRO!! Goku Might Have Black Hair?" is increasing.

"Now, a lot of you Dragon Dudes and Dudettes have been asking me about this one. And yes -- I have watched the new opening. And after careful analysis, it has led me to believe that Goku may have black hair in the upcoming arc. Let's look at the hints, here, here, and here (red arrows and circles directing the viewers' eye toward random parts of Goku's hair in the intro scene).

This would all align with evidence previously in the series, that Goku might have black hair. You can see here in the Saiyan Saga, Goku has black hair. And here, if you look closely when he's talking to Krillin, you can see -- that's right -- he has black hair here too. Now, I don't know for sure exactly what's going on with it, but it seems like just the thing Toei would add.

If you have thoughts on Goku having black hair in the new arc, let me know. And let me know what your predictions are for the new arc! Be sure to like, subscribe, and leave your opinions in the comments. And be sure to check back next week, when I interview Gohan's barber about the bang being the true source of his power."
More fun if the arrows point elsewhere than the hair.

====================================
Ok, let's TOTALLY AVOID to watch a single frame.
What you exactly see is that Goku in Blue form create that red aura.
Because you're lazy my friends, while instead I have a lot of spare time, I did a test and that aura have the exact #HEX code of the red aura of the enemy is fighting.
The color code is #ED463D -dense red.

That, to be precise, is different from the red of Kaiohken.
#FF486A - YES, it's a shade of pink.

So, what's happening is that Goku was about to use that kind of energy (used by an "evil one"), but refuse it (that suggest that's a kind of evil/bad/dangerous energy).
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Cipher wrote:My drive to create a parody YouTube channel full of clickbait videos like "NEW INTRO!! Goku Might Have Black Hair?" is increasing.

This would all align with evidence previously in the series, that Goku might have black hair. You can see here in the Saiyan Saga, Goku has black hair. And here, if you look closely when he's talking to Krillin, you can see -- that's right -- he has black hair here too. Now, I don't know for sure exactly what's going on with it, but it seems like just the thing Toei would add.

I can already say that your comments about the new arc are gonna be the best things about it. Let the good times keep on rolling!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:More fun if the arrows point elsewhere than the hair.
You're right.

Like, two pointing to the hair and one to a random spot in the background would be perfect.

Don't think I can't do the top 40 radio announcer voice.
So, what's happening is that Goku was about to use that kind of energy (used by an "evil one"), but refuse it (that suggest that's a kind of evil/bad/dangerous energy).
Wow! I hadn't thought of that before! Pretty good theory, along with some compelling evidence!

But could this mean Goku is Goten?
Last edited by Cipher on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:19 pm

This would all align with evidence previously in the series, that Goku might have black hair. You can see here in the Saiyan Saga, Goku has black hair. And here, if you look closely when he's talking to Krillin, you can see -- that's right -- he has black hair here too. Now, I don't know for sure exactly what's going on with it, but it seems like just the sort of thing Toei would add.

Oh my God. I laughed so hard at this. :lol: :clap:

alexhermit
Not-So-Newbie

Post by alexhermit » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Just so you know, Goku's hair goes up while in Kaioken too:
https://youtu.be/1Iuq_W0wxbg?t=1m56s

I think it'll be a mastered Kaioken or something
The hair in the OP is a lot more refined also the Kaioken never covers the user to the point they cannot be seen plus the fact it is too ambiguous of a tease are telling me it isn't Kaioken, I would prefer a new form over mastering of Kaioken it is supposed to be a flawed technique that has pretty much been the whole point of it mastering it will take away from it so much.
Completely mastering kaioken would pretty make Goku limitless, as he could always amp it up even more higher, like kaioken x100, x10000, x100000000.....

It would be a dumb idea, i hope they just give him a new transformation.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Him being in his base form at the end of that could just be them hiding the transformation. The opening might even be altered when he gets the form, assuming there is a new form.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I really don't want Goku to get another form. I think Toriyama/Toei should stop while they're ahead with Super Saiyan Blue and just call it a day. I mean, how many times can they really recolour Super Saiyan and pass it off as another new form? I really hope what we saw in the opening was just a literal red herring.
Or you know, it might have been Kaioken. Openings often take artistic license for stuff like that.

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:34 am

I do remember hearing that Toriyama wanted to eliminate transformations all together. Or at least eliminate them having to transform to increase their fighting ability.

I think Goku and Gohan learning how to be SSJ all the time back in the Cell Saga was the start of it. It was stated that transforming wastes too much energy.

I'm thinking they could be returning to this idea of eliminating transformations all together.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:42 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I really don't want Goku to get another form. I think Toriyama/Toei should stop while they're ahead with Super Saiyan Blue and just call it a day. I mean, how many times can they really recolour Super Saiyan and pass it off as another new form? I really hope what we saw in the opening was just a literal red herring.
I think that is exactly the point. It will not necessarily mean physically as he may not change at all, and that i would gladly accept.

Let's get things straight, nobody wants anyone to transform in to a fluorescent raver.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Cipher wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:More fun if the arrows point elsewhere than the hair.
You're right.

Like, two pointing to the hair and one to a random spot in the background would be perfect.

Don't think I can't do the top 40 radio announcer voice.
Wow! I hadn't thought of that before! Pretty good theory, along with some compelling evidence!

But could this mean Goku is Goten?
What?? They are two characters??? I thoughts that was a GT time traveling stuff. I had evidences of that.
So sad.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:36 pm

I'm gonna take an educated guess and say the new form from the opening is Super Saiyan Violet. It will be a perfect mastery of the Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken integrated into Goku's being.

We saw him power up to Super Saiyan, then Super Saiyan Blue, then Goku seems to be surrounded by Kaioken, but the imagery implies a new form. The producers edit the clip to show his Base form again, in order to keep it secret.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:20 pm

kibbles wrote:after the red aura explosion we see him emerging from the red aura. his hair is black but his hair style looks like the super saiyan hair, and he has a steam like aura around him. if it's symbolizing a new form then it will either be ultimate goku or a base god form.

of course, it could just be hair physics, and the steam could just be symbolizing after effects of kaioken overload. in the next scene we see him battling like normal again.
I just noticed that during the Super's eighth ending, we could see that steam effect around Goku just what we saw/what you mentioned about Goku in Super's opening:

Interesting... :think:

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun May 07, 2017 2:43 am

superfan2024 wrote:
kibbles wrote:after the red aura explosion we see him emerging from the red aura. his hair is black but his hair style looks like the super saiyan hair, and he has a steam like aura around him. if it's symbolizing a new form then it will either be ultimate goku or a base god form.

of course, it could just be hair physics, and the steam could just be symbolizing after effects of kaioken overload. in the next scene we see him battling like normal again.
I just noticed that during the Super's eighth ending, we could see that steam effect around Goku just what we saw/what you mentioned about Goku in Super's opening:

Interesting... :think:
There seems to be a red outline around Goku based on the ending song and even the intro song. My guess is that he absorbs/masters the Kaioken since they've been showing that a lot recently when Goku was fighting in the Exhibition Match. Honestly I think it's a cool design but the idea just sucks. It would go to show that Goku even managed to conquer Kaioken. He managed to control something that puts tremendous stress on his body each time he uses. It just sucks because it seems like Goku really doesn't have any limits then. I always looked at Kaioken and thought well at least there's one thing that's been out of Goku's reach. Goku becomes too OP when he breaks every single limit he has.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun May 07, 2017 5:39 am

Maybe the opening is suggesting that Goku powers up to his very best (SSB + KKx10 or even 20) then says screw it all and proceeds to fight in his base form, while still being able to keep up with Jiren somehow.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 07, 2017 5:41 am

emperior wrote:Maybe the opening is suggesting that Goku powers up to his very best (SSB + KKx10 or even 20) then says screw it all and proceeds to fight in his base form, while still being able to keep up with Jiren somehow.
What the hell :lol: :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:39 am

The new form is also in Dragon Ball Heroes.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun May 07, 2017 6:47 am

There seems to be a red outline around Goku based on the ending song and even the intro song. My guess is that he absorbs/masters the Kaioken since they've been showing that a lot recently when Goku was fighting in the Exhibition Match. Honestly I think it's a cool design but the idea just sucks. It would go to show that Goku even managed to conquer Kaioken. He managed to control something that puts tremendous stress on his body each time he uses. It just sucks because it seems like Goku really doesn't have any limits then. I always looked at Kaioken and thought well at least there's one thing that's been out of Goku's reach. Goku becomes too OP when he breaks every single limit he has.
Don't worry about this, because Goku barely will beat Jiren with this kaioken/new form (maybe) and nothing will change.

Also, if is really kaioken, then probably is another Toei idea and in the manga we'll never see this.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun May 07, 2017 8:15 am

I still think that in the opening is just the regular Kaioken, but I could be wrong. We'll see.
Heno heno kappa!