Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by Gokitalo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:10 am

Saturnine wrote:Gotta say I really liked the shit out of Toyble's AF. For several reasons:

- it explains the mess that GT's ending was, and does it well
- it attempts to give Broly some characterization by putting him in an environment where he's no longer a threat
- the story is pretty cool

To me this is pretty much THE continuation to GT. I don't care if it's not official, in my head this is what happened after GT (provided of course that GT happened, which it didn't, haha!) But yeah, in all seriousness this makes GT better in retrospect and a genuinely enjoyable little side-story.
I pretty much agree. I'm not sure it exonerates GT entirely, but it does steer aspects of it in a very positive direction. Creating a realm for the dragons (and showing how Goku's "union" with Shenlong tied into that) was also very inventive, and I like the expanded role Toyble's given Paikuhan. Who would've thought making him Broly's mentor would work so well?

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:17 am

One thing to notice is Toyotaro's penchant for showcasing as many transformations as possible. It's very evident in the sketch of Chapter 5 where Vegeta's branched transformation possibilities are shown. I'm not quite sure I enjoy that aspect of Toyotaro, and it shines through a lot in his manga. He's only happy if the characters have the biggest number of transformations possible available at their disposal, haha.

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:56 pm

I know this is totally unrelated, but can anyone tell me how I can deactivate or if possible delete my account? I've been trying to look at the settings, and sent mail to an admin but got no reply. I don't mind if getting banned is the only option to get my account closed as well. I just want to stop getting notifications and just want the account deleted.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:29 am

Hisham wrote:I know this is totally unrelated, but can anyone tell me how I can deactivate or if possible delete my account? I've been trying to look at the settings, and sent mail to an admin but got no reply. I don't mind if getting banned is the only option to get my account closed as well. I just want to stop getting notifications and just want the account deleted.
You can't delete the account as far as I know, but you can turn all notifications off in Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Notification Options. Uncheck all the boxes, forget the name of the website, and have a nice life. It'll be like your account never existed. :thumbup:
Retired.

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:29 am

I unchecked them all. This will be my last post, meaning I won't get notification if anyone replies to this.

Thank you for the help! I wish you all a good life as well.

Cheers :)

Shad73
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shad73 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:18 pm

I just recently received Toyble's AF Volume II (Strategy of Guardians) and I've got to say, I got lucky: the last copy off of Ebay. It's legitimately amazing, even if I'm not as big a Toyble AF fan as a Young Jijii AF fan. It's all in Japanese but still, it's so legitimate as a piece of work! :D
Seeing the world as neutral is a gift; then you see the most beauty.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Thu May 04, 2017 5:12 pm

I just wanted to share this great moment in my entire life with you guys, and some piece of information with AF since they come from the primal source.
I'm italian, I was in Naples at the Napoli Comicon just for him, and I've been lucky enough to talk with him through the help of Star Comics' translator, in front of the suspicious eyes of the editor Taiki Uchida :lol: .
Third picture, this is Toyotaro/Toyble and me, and in his hands there is my gift for him in sign of devotion, that he accepted with enthusiasm. It's DBAF 4, no holes in my collection since I have another one of it :D . He has confirmed to me that this was his art, and when I asked if he will continue in the future the DBAF story, he said that it would be very difficult due to the actual state of things. Inside the volume I've put a google translated ideogram-written letter starting with "dear Toiboru-san" where I wish him a long career in the DB World, stating that I've been a fan of him since ten years ago, and that I would like in the future that he could complete the DBAF story if he will have some time to dedicate. All these things have been told to him thanks to the help of Star Comics' japanese translator and member of the staff that was there.
Autograph and lucky meeting/conversation have happened in two different days, 04/30 - 05/01 and... oh, Toyotaro has got a photo of him and me on his iPhone as well. I've shaken his right hand... It was an heartpounding moment, great emotions. :oops:
I've found some nice Toyble's DBAF fans too, first and last picture! I've been a lucky man, I can rest in peace now... maybe.

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by macho_man on Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu May 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Dude... That is amazing! I'm really happy for you. You have memories to cherish forever. The future may seem bleak for AF, but it will live on in our memories and hearts.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri May 05, 2017 12:36 am

macho_man wrote:I just wanted to share this great moment in my entire life with you guys, and some piece of information with AF since they come from the primal source.
Congrats! And good to have what we all knew confirmed 8)
But you didn't ask about any juicy details about the story?
Dude, I'd have gone nuts with all the questions I wanted answered :lol:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 05, 2017 1:06 am

That's great macho_man. Good for you, and we now got spoken confirmation, Toyble and Toyotaro is one and the same. Yeah we already knew, but it's still good to hear it from the man himself. And if you felt your heart pounding, I'm sure he felt the same way. Man's living the dream. From one of millions making fan anything of his favorite series, to grabbing that golden ticket and making not only official artwork, but is even affecting canon. And now he has people getting giddy over him the same way he likely got giddy when he was face to face with Toriyama. It's a crazy world.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:24 am

I like to think that if he ever does get the chance to return to AF, hell do a complete rewrite while still retaining the characters. Western Kaioshin being Freeza's mother could benefit from being erased as would Gohan suddenly getting SSJ4. Theres just a lot of things that dont hold up well and could use some heavy editing. Otherwise Id love to see him go back and finish it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri May 05, 2017 5:55 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I like to think that if he ever does get the chance to return to AF, hell do a complete rewrite while still retaining the characters. Western Kaioshin being Freeza's mother could benefit from being erased as would Gohan suddenly getting SSJ4. Theres just a lot of things that dont hold up well and could use some heavy editing. Otherwise Id love to see him go back and finish it.
Congrats Macho! And I know that Toyble/Toyotaro has expressed great determination in letters to Young jijii that he wishes to complete his AF one day but doesn't have the time as of now to do so. I'm sure seeing everyone like Macho with AF gear outside of Japan makes the guy want to finish/continue the series even more, it was pretty cool his editor was even there! Heck who knows, if his editor sees all the attention AF is getting by fans outside of Japan... Perhaps he'd want to do an official Spin-Off?! I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of drunk editors came up with the Yamcha spin-off. :lol:

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sat May 06, 2017 5:26 am

dbgtFO wrote:
macho_man wrote:I just wanted to share this great moment in my entire life with you guys, and some piece of information with AF since they come from the primal source.
Well, he was about to start a press conference, I couldn't restrain him for more than 3 minutes :cry: . There were lots of things I wanted to ask about the story he was structuring, but there was not time for this. These would have been my questions, I just had not time and enough lucidity to spell them:

1) Saiya-jin are defined by Elder Kaioshin the "race of light", there were plans to dig it more? Color changing (hair, eyes, etc...) could be explained with this?;
2) And what about the ancestral liaison between Saiya-jin and Ryuoshins (Dragon Gods)? Super Saiya-jin 5 is result of a fusion between Saiya-jin and Ryuoshin?
2) Maybe some romance spotted between Broli and Bra! There were future plans for this relationship?
4) Xicor would have been defeated being killed or the battle could solve by conversation with Son Goku, and Xicor added as a reasonable ally?
5) There were plans for other sagas after Xicor?

If someone has the lucky chance to meet him in some event, please find a way to ask these.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 pm

macho_man wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Well, he was about to start a press conference, I couldn't restrain him for more than 3 minutes :cry: . There were lots of things I wanted to ask about the story he was structuring, but there was not time for this. These would have been my questions, I just had not time and enough lucidity to spell them:

1) Saiya-jin are defined by Elder Kaioshin the "race of light", there were plans to dig it more? Color changing (hair, eyes, etc...) could be explained with this?;
2) And what about the ancestral liaison between Saiya-jin and Ryuoshins (Dragon Gods)? Super Saiya-jin 5 is result of a fusion between Saiya-jin and Ryuoshin?
2) Maybe some romance spotted between Broli and Bra! There were future plans for this relationship?
4) Xicor would have been defeated being killed or the battle could solve by conversation with Son Goku, and Xicor added as a reasonable ally?
5) There were plans for other sagas after Xicor?

If someone has the lucky chance to meet him in some event, please find a way to ask these.
Great questions, macho_man. Next time, I suppose! Either way, it's awesome that you got to meet Toyotaro. I think it's great that he really IS Toyble: he's gone from sharing how he thought the Dragon Ball saga might continue to playing a major role in actually shaping its future. It'd be cool if he gets to go back to AF at some point, but him working on the Dragon Ball Super manga is pretty awesome in itself.

It'd be pretty fantastic if maybe one day, more fan comics and fan comic creators also got that kind of recognition. I think Toriyama would enjoy works like Michsi's "Who wants to be a superhero?" and RMK's Dragon Ball Z Elsewhere, to name a few. From what I understand, Japan has a lot more relaxed attitude about fan work, anyway. Which is probably why Toyble could continue AF later down the line with little difficulty!

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 pm

I got another read at this fanmanga including the insight of how Toyble give insight into the Saiya-jin transformation process.

But I wanted to know if someone can give me the Kanji for Raila the West Kaioshin I want to see if there is meaning behind it like the other Kaioshins ?

Also I want to include this part story into my Super Dragon Ball Re-Story project and make Zaiko and Raila ally to Black and Zamasu. If I can have some help that would be greatly welcomed.

You will find my dedicated topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39160
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm italian, I was in Naples at the Napoli Comicon just for him, and I've been lucky enough to talk with him through the help of Star Comics' translator, in front of the suspicious eyes of the editor Taiki Uchida :lol: .
Third picture, this is Toyotaro/Toyble and me, and in his hands there is my gift for him in sign of devotion, that he accepted with enthusiasm. It's DBAF 4, no holes in my collection since I have another one of it :D . He has confirmed to me that this was his art, and when I asked if he will continue in the future the DBAF story, he said that it would be very difficult due to the actual state of things. Inside the volume I've put a google translated ideogram-written letter starting with "dear Toiboru-san" where I wish him a long career in the DB World, stating that I've been a fan of him since ten years ago, and that I would like in the future that he could complete the DBAF story if he will have some time to dedicate. All these things have been told to him thanks to the help of Star Comics' japanese translator and member of the staff that was there.
Autograph and lucky meeting/conversation have happened in two different days, 04/30 - 05/01 and... oh, Toyotaro has got a photo of him and me on his iPhone as well. I've shaken his right hand... It was an heartpounding moment, great emotions. :oops:
I've found some nice Toyble's DBAF fans too, first and last picture! I've been a lucky man, I can rest in peace now... maybe.

Image Image Image Image
Congrats macho, bravisimo
I’m glad Tom find this post , I'm curious to read this manga , I saw good YouTube videos but I’ll like it in my hands , is it impossible , right ? Any good link to at least read it properly.? Thanks
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

prince212 wrote:I'm curious to read this manga , I saw good YouTube videos but I’ll like it in my hands , is it impossible , right ? Any good link to at least read it properly.? Thanks
I dunno about print, but someone put together all 4 finished volumes and the bonus chapters, all with good translations, plus the unfinished draft version of volume 5 with a slightly rough translation here. Old link died, so this one's a mirror.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

prince212 wrote:

Image Image Image Image
Congrats macho, bravisimo
I’m glad Tom find this post , I'm curious to read this manga , I saw good YouTube videos but I’ll like it in my hands , is it impossible , right ? Any good link to at least read it properly.? Thanks
Hi my friend, you could buy it here: http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/r231342940
Hurry up, it's becoming very rare!

O.T. you will appreciate: https://youtu.be/_ZQs5D9nq6Q

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:42 pm

macho_man wrote:Hi my friend, you could buy it here: http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/r231342940
In Japanese. Dunno if the guy asking speaks Japanese.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm

Thank you guys , macho man , robo . I didn’t know about db zero, was that before or after db af ?
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....