What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Post by wolflonnie » Mon May 08, 2017 6:09 am

Very, very excited. Has ton of potential with many interaction options, and the fact that he returns makes Resurrection of F less useless as a saga (because of the power up he had, and the fact that he interacted with Goku & co. a second time, making him a more recent figure).
I'm just annoyed that they had to remove Buu, again, with the same excuse.
I don't care about Roshi and Tenshinhan. They're boring. Could've just omitted them, and make Frieza and Cell join. This way, we would have had the main three villains of DBZ (Frieza, Cell and Majin Buu) working together with the Z-Warriors, how cool would that be?

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 am

Guys, I have a feeling that this isn't the last of Buu for this arc. I just can't be. All that promotion, all that hype, nah, i'm not buying it. I wouldn't call episode 93 "filler," but I have a feeling that it's just one of those "time-waster" type of episodes for the tournament to begin. I'm predicting that Buu will somehow wake up and enter the tournament. Here are a possible list of outcomes if my belief of Buu somehow waking up from his sleep comes true:

- Frieza somehow isn't able to enter the tournament, and somehow Buu is able to wake up and then Buu would enter the tournament and everything will be back to normal.

- Buu would enter the tournament, but would be late and sees Frieza in his spot. Buu isn't able to fight in the tournament since there are only 11 members, and then only becomes an audience member. (This is only if Frieza actually enters the tournament, which I don't believe is gonna happen.)

- Buu would enter the tournament late, sees Frieza in his spot, and conflict between Buu and the team occur. (Again, this is only if Frieza actually enters the tournament, which I don't believe is gonna happen.)

- Buu would enter the tournament late, sees Frieza in his spot, and pleads to be apart of the team because he wants to fight strong opponents/he trained for a long period of time so he deserves to participate. Eventually, it is decided that Universe 7's team could have eleven members instead of the normal ten. There may be a limitation specifically set on that team because they have more than ten members. (This outcome is highly unlikely, but again, i'm listing off what could actually happen knowing Toriyama).

Guesswhoo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Guesswhoo » Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 am

The sudden change of participant is strange, why hyping up Buu at the preliminarywhen he is going to be dumped ? Was it to see if the audience is interested enough in him ?
But the re-return of Freezer is still interesting.
I'm afraid Tien will get the same treatment, because he and Buu ( before the change) are the most uninteresting character of the group.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 6:38 am

Why do people defend Super with everything in their power ?

If Mr.Satan suddenly became a SSJ3, I can see fans still supporting it. :|

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon May 08, 2017 6:52 am

Overlord78 wrote:
precita wrote:Watch, they're going to have Goku cheer Freeza on and laugh and try to joke with him.

If you thought Goku was out of character in Super before, you ain't seen nothing yet.
That makes me sick just thinking about it. Talk about character assassination if that ends up happening.
Is it, though? Out of all the main cast, Goku seems to hate Frieza the least. He was perfectly willing to let him walk away during both the Namek and RoF arcs. Goku even laments Frieza being such a stubborn, petty asshole because he'd be great to train with.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 am

If it does actually happen, it would suck. I love Freeza and more Nakao and Ayres is great but as a character Freeza would be destroyed. My hope this is Toei just pulling our leg...

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon May 08, 2017 6:57 am

I'm actually very happy with the fact Freezer is returning and will take part in the tournament. This allows so many opportunities of great interactions, great battles etc... It could also give us some backstory to Freezer and his race because of Frost and I'm hyped for Freezer interacting with Frost.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Mon May 08, 2017 6:59 am

Goku is allowed to visit Frieza in hell right?

The living can goto Otherworld its just that the dead are not allowed to goto the living world.

Like how Goku goes to King Kais planet all the time which is in Other World or how Kid Buu did it.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Mon May 08, 2017 7:26 am

It's baffling that anyone could think it's a good idea to hype a team for months, and then shaft a popular character at the last moment (for the third time). This is not "subverting the expectations" or a "clever plot twist". This is trolling the fanbase, just and simple. Even if you're adamant about bringing Freeza, you must admit his interactions with Buu would be infinitely more fun to watch that his interactions (if they got any) with Tien or Roshi.

For some reason they seem interested in keeping the cast of "resurrection of F" (plus the androids, I guess it was harder story-wise to swap them for Bulma and jaco) and ignore everyone else.

I still have hopes for the tournament, but is already worst that it could be.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 7:27 am

GT canon confirmed, explains how Frieza learns to team up with Cell.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 am

Love Freeza Freeze on the team. Hate losing Buu...seriously. Roshi should have been first in line to go followed by Tien/Krillin if people were to be moved around.

Seriously love this addition. It makes sense more or less...the universe might end why not us your toughest fighters?

I seriously love that Goku is defending the universe flanked by a lot of former enemies and now a current one. That's one reason I'd like Buy as well.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 am

I love Frieza. Loved Resurrection of F.. even Super's edition. I am very much looking forward to all the interactions and the prospect of getting Vegeta Frieza and Goku to somehow work together. No to mention ALL the possible interactions, remember frieza afraid of Beerus? A chat with Frost. His reaction against LSSJ's woman(she probably deserves special case since everyone will react most likely.. even we).
But even with all that. I am pissed off with how they are seemingly treating Buu. Making him lose magical weight and go through a design change just doesn't add up.
Then again, this is still weeks early, can be a toei addition to spice more drama. I guess I'm still I'm denial about Buu getting Yamcha'd again. Question is why hype him up in the end?
Guess we will wait for the manga in next months for the other angle.
Luckily it shouldn't be hard to embrace Frieza.
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Spolier*** What's everyone thought on this character​coming back?

Post by TheMikado » Mon May 08, 2017 8:08 am

precita wrote:The show is dead to me now. I'll watch the next arc to see how it plays out, but I think I'm done.

Super is just turning into fanfiction at this point.
1 billion percent agree. I absolutely hate Frieza as a character so his repeat appearance is DB Hell for me. I was hoping it wasn't true, I even ignored it because I couldn't allow myself to go there. Buu sleeping again also irritates me...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon May 08, 2017 8:15 am

It has potential for a lot of interesting character interactions and development. I just hate that they had to take out Boo instead of one of the more boring characters like Tenshinhan, who offers nothing to the story anymore. I expect Freeza's uncooperative nature to cause some holes in U7's teamwork and be the source of tension throughout the arc. I also expect the other characters to use Goku's decision as a means to feed into the narrative that Goku only cares about fighting and is evil. What I fear the most is that Freeza turns into a good guy.

I urge everyone not to jump the gun on this yet, as we don't know if this is just Toei-exclusive padding to pass the time.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 am

Doctor. wrote:It has potential for a lot of interesting character interactions and development. I just hate that they had to take out Boo instead of one of the more boring characters like Tenshinhan, who offers nothing to the story anymore. I expect Freeza's uncooperative nature to cause some holes in U7's teamwork and be the source of tension throughout the arc. I also expect the other characters to use Goku's decision as a means to feed into the narrative that Goku only cares about fighting and is evil. What I fear the most is that Freeza turns into a good guy.

I urge everyone not to jump the gun on this yet, as we don't know if this is just Toei-exclusive padding to pass the time.
It says your the tenth warrior freeza on the episode title pretty sure it means he's on the team.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon May 08, 2017 8:22 am

pacz360 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:It has potential for a lot of interesting character interactions and development. I just hate that they had to take out Boo instead of one of the more boring characters like Tenshinhan, who offers nothing to the story anymore. I expect Freeza's uncooperative nature to cause some holes in U7's teamwork and be the source of tension throughout the arc. I also expect the other characters to use Goku's decision as a means to feed into the narrative that Goku only cares about fighting and is evil. What I fear the most is that Freeza turns into a good guy.

It says your the tenth warrior freeza on the episode title pretty sure it means he's on the team.
My problem with adding Frieza is that this is the same guy who, not once, but twice would blew up the planet he's on just to kill and spite everyone. Like, I don't know what the end game for him would be. Released from Hell? That has to be the incentive otherwise all he would have to do is wait a few hours and he wouldn't even exist at all anymore. And then Kami help us if he's the one to get the Super Dragonball wish.... The risk doesn't seem worth the reward other than doing it for the sake of "making it interesting" kinda like Roshi or Tien.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:28 am

TheMikado wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

My problem with adding Frieza is that this is the same guy who, not once, but twice would blew up the planet he's on just to kill and spite everyone. Like, I don't know what the end game for him would be. Released from Hell? That has to be the incentive otherwise all he would have to do is wait a few hours and he wouldn't even exist at all anymore. And then Kami help us if he's the one to get the Super Dragonball wish.... The risk doesn't seem worth the reward other than doing it for the sake of "making it interesting" kinda like Roshi or Tien.
Agreed freeza more of a risk here. Especially where all he has for him is more power barring goku,vegeta,gohan,and 17 on the team.
Teamwork and tactics were treated as main points here how the fuck that's gonna work where a guy like freeza hates everyone and would try to sabotage the team.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Mon May 08, 2017 8:29 am

That's just lazy writing and lame fanservice (for whom? the kids in Japan who weren't here during the 1990s when Frieza was literally EVERYWHERE: Bardock Special, Cooler's movies, Plan to Eredicate the Saiyans, Fusion Reborn + fillers in hell + GT? Just to sell them some toys?!), who wishes to see Frieza ONCE FUCKING MORE? he's done.

This character is beyond milked to it's fullest at this point of the franchise, I wouldn't mind if there was a series about the Frieza Army with Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz as the main characters and their lives under this faction, but in this arc? NOT A CHANCE, it's just bad storytelling.

I would be super pleased if Roshi was either not casted from the beginning or being replaced by Yamcha (after Tien beat the crap outta him instead of what we've got in episode 89 and Roshi admits Yamcha and even Chiaotzu are stronger than him) instead of Buu whose potential as a character and a fighter is FUCKING WASTED.

It seems now that whenever they're having a new story to tell but can't find how or what to do there they run to the realms of "let's rehash some old thing", and Frieza is their last resort. It was bad with Super 17 and it'll be bad now. I called it. It seems like they're trying to push fans away from the show with these poor ideas.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 am

Well i have no problem with him coming back, i kinda like it, since they will need all the help they can get, and Golden Freeza is already SSJ Blue level.

What i don't like is: AGAIN they totally forget about Cell! Cell has arguably the greatest potential of them all. Alongside the most abilities. They should totally bring him back aswell, and have him train in the time chamber for the last couple of hours, and let him reach SSJ Blue level!

So they should bring them BOTH back! In place of Roshi and Tien, and have Majin Buu remaining in place of Krillin!

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon May 08, 2017 9:02 am

Freeza is the most popular villain in all of dragon Ball, his movie is the best selling in the franchise and it was specifically because of him.

He is also the third most powerful nongod character.

it makes sense from a merch perspective for bandai and a power perspective for the power fans.

it's the fans who care about the story that will be upset, but unfortunately those fans don't bring the dough

I say this, if you stuck around for evil goku and female broly, you are in way too deep to back out now