"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 16, 2017 1:24 pm

LightBing wrote:Where was it said it was temporary?
In a moment of anger, kinda rampage-like, a human can get stronger than the usual. I myself witnessed that once. But once the person gets calmed, he loses that.

Have you, LightBing, ever got so angry that you felt you could destroy a wall and retained that "strength" once you get calmed? If so, teach humanity to do that, please. :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue May 16, 2017 1:50 pm

Basako wrote:
Venus wrote:
Basako wrote:I hope the manga gives another solution than Trunks and Mai going to live with their duplicates. I think this is the thing that bothers me most.
I hope Trunks just goes to the unseen timeline where Bulma is still alive, that would be the best, and honestly, I don't know why Toei didn't did that.
That would be so great, I don't discard it.
I actually really like that. He has something impactful and meaningful tied to the remainder of his existence besides the one he has now.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm

DHM211 wrote:It wasnt said anywhere, its just implied to be a rage boost, just like Goku got after he found out Black killed Chichi and Goten.
If it wasn't said anywhere and the next time we see Vegeta use SSJ2 he's above SSJ3 Goku, then it's not just a temporary rage boost. It's like when Gohan turned SSJ2 for the first time, nobody said if it was permanent or not and it was clearly achieved with the help of rage. We only got confirmation that it was permanent the next time he used the form, in the following arc.
Grimlock wrote:In a moment of anger, kinda rampage-like, a human can get stronger than the usual. I myself witnessed that once. But once the person gets calmed, he loses that.

Have you, LightBing, ever got so angry that you felt you could destroy a wall and retained that "strength" once you get calmed? If so, teach humanity to do that, please.
We are discussing Dragon Ball, a fictional story where if you're from a certain alien race, get angry, you can turn blonde and get really strong.
I don't understand why you're bringing reality into this and being a smart-ass.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue May 16, 2017 1:56 pm

The temporary status of Vegeta's rage boost is a fan made theory, pure speculation. Even if it was temporary, the point remains, Vegeta in SS2 surpassed Goku and Gotenks in SS3.

But there are problems with Vegeta SS2 fighting against Black in SS and next chapter Black after the Zenkai in SS defeating Vegeta Blue. Both were avoidable because Vegeta could have gone Blue to defeat Black SS and in the next fight Black could have gone Rose to defeat Vegeta.
Heno heno kappa!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 16, 2017 2:09 pm

LightBing wrote:We are discussing Dragon Ball, a fictional story where if you're from a certain alien race, get angry, you can turn blonde and get really strong.
I don't understand why you're bringing reality into this and being a smart-ass.
Indeed we are. But that doesn't exempt a certain alien race from get similar trait seen in human being. That trait is exactly what happened to Vegeta, he got angry and surpassed Super Saiyan 3 Goku because the gap in power level between them in that era wasn't so big. The anger he felt in that moment was enough for him to surpass Goku in that moment. But as I said and what's generally known, it's a momentary power boost through anger.

I wasn't a "smat-ass", the issue I brought up is reasonable and applies to a fictional story. The real problem here is that you ignored such a popular information.
Basako wrote:The temporary status of Vegeta's rage boost is a fan made theory, pure speculation.
Then why Vegeta himself specified that he had surpassed Goku "in that moment"? Wouldn't Vegeta say something different if he had surpassed permanently?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue May 16, 2017 2:27 pm

batistabus wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:I hope for a better ending to Future Trunks this time
Considering Toyotaro's had several MONTHS to analyze the ending of the anime's version of the arc, plus he's a fan of the franchise himself, I'm betting he's come up with something good.
You seem to misunderstand the production process. Toyotaro likely finished drawing this arc months ago (even longer if you consider when he submitted his storyboard for review). Not only is Toyo not allowed to deviate drastically from Tori's outline, but he likely wouldn't if given the chance. He'll do his best with what he's given.

I'm not sure why so many seem to despise the end of the arc. The only thing I dislike is "Zamasu is merging with the universe itself!"
I see what you're saying, but here's my thoughts on it. Toyotaro has said that he needs to follow Toriyama's outline & story details, but he can take liberties with the stuff in the middle of each, as can the anime staff. If he wanted to, because of the timing of his chapters vs the anime's episodes for the releases, he could make changes to what he's already done if he feels the need. He'd need approval, sure, but he has the option if he wants to do so.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue May 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:Indeed we are. But that doesn't exempt a certain alien race from get similar trait seen in human being. That trait is exactly what happened to Vegeta, he got angry and surpassed Super Saiyan 3 Goku because the gap in power level between them in that era wasn't so big. The anger he felt in that moment was enough for him to surpass Goku in that moment. But as I said and what's generally known, it's a momentary power boost through anger.

I wasn't a "smat-ass", the issue I brought up is reasonable and applies to a fictional story. The real problem here is that you ignored such a popular information.
I didn't ignore any information, I'm thinking about the facts we have and not following the herd. There's two possibilities: either Toyotarõ messed up the power scale or he intended the Vegeta boost to be permanent.

Looking at the manga nobody says the boost is temporary or not. The next time Vegeta uses the form, he appears to be at the level displayed against Beerus. It's my assumption that Toyotarõ, having not established that the boost was temporally decided to keep it. Kinda like he did with SSJG. He left it ambiguous and freed himself up to bring it back.

The other assumption, apparently the popular one, is that Toyotarõ messed up the power-scale. That's a possibility. However, Toyotarõ tries his best to apply logic to the manga, it's one of the advantages the manga has compared to the anime. To add, two or three chapters before he showed how SSJ2 Trunks is on the same level as SSJ3 Goku, I really doubt Toyotarõ wouldn't remember this.
It's not even an easy mistake to make since SSJ3 is literally supposed to be above SSJ2. I think Toyotarõ making such a blatant mistake is by far the less likely of the possibilities.

That isn't to say that maybe the original intention was a temporary boost. I can see why people look at it and assume that, it's perfectly logical. However the manga is different from the other continuities and Toyotarõ can and made these type of changes before.

Maybe smart-ass isn't the best word, condescending is a better description. I made a legitimate question and you stepped in to explain to me what rage was- That was condescending.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm getting sick of the Future Trunks arc, especially with how the manga is handling it. I just want the Universal Tournament arc to happen, even though that's probably going to be butchered too.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Vegeta's rage boost may had been temporary when Vegeta first did it, but the fact that Trunks could make his SS2 form as strong as a SS3 form, and the fact that SS2 Vegeta is even stronger than that when he is an equal to Goku in his base/SS/SSG/SSB forms means that after BoG, Vegeta made the boost permanent to his SS2 form. It's so simple, really.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm not optimistic in thinking we might get a better ending in the anime, we'll probably get the same thing but with a few changes.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:03 pm

So, when are we to expect our next leaks?

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 pm

superfan2024 wrote:So, when are we to expect our next leaks?
Anywhere from Wed to Friday is the sweet spot this month.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Tue May 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Noah wrote:I'm not optimistic in thinking we might get a better ending in the anime, we'll probably get the same thing but with a few changes.
It might be even worse.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Totamo wrote:
Noah wrote:I'm not optimistic in thinking we might get a better ending in the anime, we'll probably get the same thing but with a few changes.
It might be even worse.
The manga doesn't have Kitano drawing the last chapter, it literally can't be worse.
Retired.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Tue May 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Totamo wrote:
It might be even worse.
The manga doesn't have Kitano drawing the last chapter, it literally can't be worse.
This is a fact!

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Wed May 17, 2017 3:04 am

Grimlock wrote:
Then why Vegeta himself specified that he had surpassed Goku "in that moment"? Wouldn't Vegeta say something different if he had surpassed permanently?
Vegeta: 'In that great moment I surpassed you, Kakarot!'
Goku: 'Yeah, you definitely did. I guess the next time we face someone that strong we just have to get them to slap Bulma and then we'll be all good, right?'

I don't know man, read the words again, it's still not clear it was temporary for this. If it was permanent, the exact same words would be valid, Vegeta surpassed Goku when Beerus slapped Bulma, in that moment. The thing is Goku surpassed him after the ritual again. The conversation starts with Vegeta asking to be the one having the ritual if another enemy comes ever.

Look, maybe it was temporary, I can't discard it, but it can't be confirmed either. But, as I said first, the point remains, temporary or permanent, Vegeta in SS2 surpassed Goku and Gotenks in SS3.
Heno heno kappa!

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Totamo wrote:
It might be even worse.
Only the first half of 67 looked bad. The second half actually looked really good.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed May 17, 2017 9:57 am

DHM211 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Totamo wrote: It might be even worse.
Only the first half of 67 looked bad. The second half actually looked really good.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Did you added the new filter?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:12 am

YonkouProductions is releasing images of the latest chapter on Twitter and..... it does not bode well....
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 am

Is Goku focusing on something Genki Dama-esque?