What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

andrewtuell1991
Beyond Newbie

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Post by andrewtuell1991 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 am

I was a bit bummed at first, especially since it came at the cost of Majin Buu instead of Tenshinhan or Muten Roshi, but then I realized it was the perfect opportunity to fix a plot hole. Doesn't Kuriza still need to born? People were whining about Bra all these years, I don't see why Kuriza should be any different. And since one of the guidebooks, damned if I can remember which one, stated that Frost Demons need only one parent Freeza's temporary resurrection would be the perfect time to correct this oversight.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 14, 2017 1:11 pm

andrewtuell1991 wrote:I was a bit bummed at first, especially since it came at the cost of Majin Buu instead of Tenshinhan or Muten Roshi, but then I realized it was the perfect opportunity to fix a plot hole. Doesn't Kuriza still need to born? People were whining about Bra all these years, I don't see why Kuriza should be any different. And since one of the guidebooks, damned if I can remember which one, stated that Frost Demons need only one parent Freeza's temporary resurrection would be the perfect time to correct this oversight.
I don't see how the lack of Kuriza is a plot hole.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 am

andrewtuell1991 wrote: Doesn't Kuriza still need to born? People were whining about Bra all these years, I don't see why Kuriza should be any different.
Kuriza is a gag character invented for Neko Majin Z, which is entirely a self parody manga. He is not canon and should not become canon.

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:34 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
andrewtuell1991 wrote: Doesn't Kuriza still need to born? People were whining about Bra all these years, I don't see why Kuriza should be any different.
Kuriza is a gag character invented for Neko Majin Z, which is entirely a self parody manga. He is not canon and should not become canon.
FRIEZA AND CAULIFLA TO MAKE KURIZA!!!!!! ...wait...no...FRIEZA AND KALE!!!!!!! K-RIEZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:24 pm

...eww. Just...eww.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Thu May 18, 2017 3:39 pm

I just hope freeza comes back for real and this isnt just a gag episode making up hype and then end up deciding on levaing Freeza out
That would be so annoying after weeks of anticipation
Dpc292 wrote: FRIEZA AND CAULIFLA TO MAKE KURIZA!!!!!! ...wait...no...FRIEZA AND KALE!!!!!!! K-RIEZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling Cabbage is the one thats going to get in some of that cauliflower. The tension between the two is palpable

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:23 am

Danfun64 wrote:...eww. Just...eww.
Speaking of which, how do you think Freeza's race procreates?

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat May 20, 2017 8:58 am

Cabba wrote:I just hope freeza comes back for real and this isnt just a gag episode making up hype and then end up deciding on levaing Freeza out
That would be so annoying after weeks of anticipation
Dpc292 wrote: FRIEZA AND CAULIFLA TO MAKE KURIZA!!!!!! ...wait...no...FRIEZA AND KALE!!!!!!! K-RIEZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling Cabbage is the one thats going to get in some of that cauliflower. The tension between the two is palpable
I'd like to see Freeza hang around earth and go the way of Vegeta and Piccolo really.

But something's been bugging me. He'll be coming back with a halo over his head, right? Goku and Vegeta both did when Baba resurrected them for 24 hrs. Gohan did too way back in the early manga.

So as such, won't he be seen as an invalid fighter and break the rules? Either something Shenron this way comes, or...

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sat May 20, 2017 10:52 am

cheddarsword wrote: I'd like to see Freeza hang around earth and go the way of Vegeta and Piccolo really.
But something's been bugging me. He'll be coming back with a halo over his head, right? Goku and Vegeta both did when Baba resurrected them for 24 hrs. Gohan did too way back in the early manga.
So as such, won't he be seen as an invalid fighter and break the rules? Either something Shenron this way comes, or...
Theoretically they could use that or anything really to pull a just kidding guys! and send him back to hell
I would like freeza to stick around too, its just that he is too evil and to much of a liability to keep alive. He could blow up the earth when noone is looking. Something big would have to happen to change Freezas old ways or some huge character development ala Vegeta

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat May 20, 2017 10:53 am

cheddarsword wrote: I'd like to see Freeza hang around earth and go the way of Vegeta and Piccolo really.

The rules never specified that the fighters had to be living and Frieza is still a mortal even if he's dead.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 am

Cabba wrote:
Theoretically they could use that or anything really to pull a just kidding guys! and send him back to hell
I would like freeza to stick around too, its just that he is too evil and to much of a liability to keep alive. He could blow up the earth when noone is looking. Something big would have to happen to change Freezas old ways or some huge character development ala Vegeta
I actually had a decent idea about that.

Everyone putting their trust in Freeza. Something that's never happened for him before unless it was out of fear of being killed by him.

Then, while having to be forced to behave, Vegeta makes him hold Bulla. "I want you to know what it is you're fighting to protect." he says.

Imagine the psychological repercussions that would have on someone like Freeza.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sat May 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Still can't get over this, it really ruined my interest in the rest of this arc. Sucks too, cause it's been really good do fast for the most part.

Even if they have a reason to justify screwing Buu yet again, couldn't they have found anyone else besides bringing back Frieza for like the 10th time? They could've brought in a new character, or it would've even made more sense to bring back Cell instead.

I personally would've liked if they made Pikkon officially canon, and this would've been the perfect time to introduce him. Especially if they're bringing anyone back from Other World, it would've made sense to use him.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat May 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Makai wrote:Still can't get over this, it really ruined my interest in the rest of this arc. Sucks too, cause it's been really good do fast for the most part.

Even if they have a reason to justify screwing Buu yet again, couldn't they have found anyone else besides bringing back Frieza for like the 10th time? They could've brought in a new character, or it would've even made more sense to bring back Cell instead.

I personally would've liked if they made Pikkon officially canon, and this would've been the perfect time to introduce him. Especially if they're bringing anyone back from Other World, it would've made sense to use him.
Ok, so you would rather Goku choose either someone who lost to SS2 Gohan, or someone who at one point went toe to toe with his SS3 form, rather than someone who at one point was actually STRONGER than his SSB form?

Logic plz?

Also, rather tired of people hating on super. Even I'll admit that it's not perfect but hey, two words. Buu Saga.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 20, 2017 6:07 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:He is not canon and should not become canon.
Why not?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:25 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
Cabba wrote:
I actually had a decent idea about that.

Everyone putting their trust in Freeza. Something that's never happened for him before unless it was out of fear of being killed by him.

Then, while having to be forced to behave, Vegeta makes him hold Bulla. "I want you to know what it is you're fighting to protect." he says.

Imagine the psychological repercussions that would have on someone like Freeza.
...what makes you think he cares about babies?

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat May 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Grimlock wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:He is not canon and should not become canon.
Why not?
Because putting something from a parody manga into the actual thing is fucking stupid. That's like putting Ghost Nappa into DBZ Kai.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Lets not forget that using too much energy also shortens the length of stay from the nether-realm. When Goku used SS3 it used nearly all of his remaining time on earth, but who knows how much energy he wasted fighting Majin Vegeta. I can only imagine using Golden Freeza might shorten the time to half a day at most.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Makai wrote:Even if they have a reason to justify screwing Buu yet again, couldn't they have found anyone else besides bringing back Frieza for like the 10th time? They could've brought in a new character, or it would've even made more sense to bring back Cell instead.
Actually, bringing back Freeza makes much more sense than bringing back Cell given the monstrous amount of potential he has unlocked in ROF. Though we can both agree on the fact that there were better options than shafting Boo again. I personally wouldn't have minded Freeza replacing Roshi.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:39 am

I think that Toriyama was just listening to F again recently, and suddenly decided to bring the character back yet again.

Honestly, if he's going to bring back characters and make the "minor" characters important again, why not do something like bring back Lunch into the cast? She should have been in Tenshinhan's episode instead of the randomly introduced Yurin. Instead of Freeza, why not have Upa return and suddenly be super strong and fight in the upcoming tournament? RoF wasn't very good, and I feel like bringing the character back again may further cheapen the character.

I have a friend who's impression of Dragon Ball back in the day (without having seen it but 3 episodes or so, and he says he hates it) was that it was a Saturday morning cartoon show where a big bad shows up every week, and he assumed Freeza was a recurring character. It's sorta irritating to me now that that's actually becoming true. :sick:
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Sun May 21, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun May 21, 2017 12:50 am

Metalwario64 wrote:I have a friend who's impression of Dragon Ball back in the day (without having seen it but 3 episodes or so, and he says he hates it) was that it was a Saturday morning cartoon show where a big bad shows up every week, and he assumed Freeza was a recurring villain. It's sorta irritating to me now that that's actually becoming true. :sick:
Well he isn't coming back as a villain this time, rather his help is desperately needed to fight in the tournament alongside pretty much everyone he hates. If he does end up being a villain in this arc somehow then i'll be very annoyed. I like the idea of him being forced into doing something that he would definitely not do if it had been a different situation. But yeah, I understand the frustration because this character is coming back yet again.