Let me get this board rolling with an old-fashioned topic

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

XxShinGokuxX

Let me get this board rolling with an old-fashioned topic

Post by XxShinGokuxX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:02 pm

Who is your Favorite Character from the Dragonball world (all series).
Mine is just like a lot of other people is Goku.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:05 pm

Same goes for me, overall, I think. There's just something about Goku... I usually stray away from liking the main characters of series, but like the narrator says... Goku's the one that everyone always loved, the most!

SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games era) is my favorite bad-ass character, though. With the exception of not killing Cell right away (whoops!), he didn't take SHIT from Cell, and let him have it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:25 pm

GOHAN, GOHAN, GOHAN! I've never encountered a sweeter, more lovable kid. I don't want children of my own, but if I did want one, I'd want it to be Gohan!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:27 pm

Gokuu is my favorite! Piccolo and Tenshinhan are both very close behind him.

urhash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by urhash » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:16 pm

I gotta go with Goku. All those times when he gets floored by a blast but slowly gets back to his feet... that's what it's all about. It's not just about whose power level is stronger, but having the heart to keep fighting. Something like that. :P

admin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by admin » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:10 pm

I'd have to say Goku as well; but I like his transformations especially when he becomes SSJ3 and 4, he just gets bad-ass and doesn't take any bullshit from anyone and usually kicks some ass.
[size=200][b][color=red]TKE[/color] [color=gray]4[/color] [color=red]LIFE[/color][/size][/b]

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:51 pm

I think mine would have to be Goku or Vegeta. They are just so cool. ^_^
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

SSJ Bento

Post by SSJ Bento » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:03 pm

Mine would be Goku.Vejiita,and Buu(any form).

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:20 am

It depends, for all of DB its definatly Goku but I just dunno dont feel the magic with him in the DBZ era of things, however Mirai Trunks takes over there as a tie with chibi Goku ^^;
-Laserkid

XxShinGokuxX

Post by XxShinGokuxX » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:43 am

A lot of Goku people here :D. ^^^^^^I also like Mirai Trunks too.

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:54 am

Yeah Mirai Trunks is cool too! ^_^
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

Ramenman

Post by Ramenman » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:27 pm

Hola, I'm new here.

Now that that is out of the way, I have to go with my old stand-by: Piccolo. He was really the first character I had seen from the series and was the reason I kept watching. He also has this badass-osity to him. :D
"It's 3am in Wisconsin. I want a camel. Go get me it."
"Prince...it's 3am in Wisconsin. It's the middle of January. You want a camel. That is neither physically or psychologically possible.”

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:40 pm

Piccolo's a damn good character I'll give ya that, you're the first Piccolo favored person I've met but thats quite cool ^^
-Laserkid

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:46 pm

Not the first one that I have met where Piccolo was thier favorite but they are rarities.. ^_^

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:51 pm

Piccolo is definitely a very cool character. He's tied with Tenshinhan as my #2 favorite (I can't choose between them). Isn't Piccolo Toriyama's favorite character?

Ramenman

Post by Ramenman » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:51 pm

I believe he is Toriyama's favorite (American Shonen Jump 1 has an interview where he says that). Though he does seem to be a bit absent minded at times, so his favorites could change.
"It's 3am in Wisconsin. I want a camel. Go get me it."
"Prince...it's 3am in Wisconsin. It's the middle of January. You want a camel. That is neither physically or psychologically possible.”

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:15 pm

No, Toriyama stated once before in a Japanese interview,(I believe it was actually in the daizenshuu), that Piccolo was his favourite. So he hasn't switched. Incidentally, along with Gohan, Piccolo's my other choice. Of course Goku ranks high up there for me as well. :wink:

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:02 pm

I'm gonna have to be different and go with Tenshinhan. He couldve been such an interesting character, but they had to go and introduce all that Super Saiya-jiin B.S.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:04 pm

It's apparent that Piccolo remained Toriyama's personal favorite character, because he's the only one from the first series that wasn't tossed aside later on (granted, he became the wacky babysitting uncle, but he was still AROUND).

Yamcha does nothing but sit around in his suit, Tenshinhan's out in the mountains (at least he got his shots in on Cell and Buu, though!), Lunch is off drunk somewhere, Kuririn's around but barely doing anything besides playing cards... it's sad!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It's apparent that Piccolo remained Toriyama's personal favorite character, because he's the only one from the first series that wasn't tossed aside later on (granted, he became the wacky babysitting uncle, but he was still AROUND).

Yamcha does nothing but sit around in his suit, Tenshinhan's out in the mountains (at least he got his shots in on Cell and Buu, though!), Lunch is off drunk somewhere, Kuririn's around but barely doing anything besides playing cards... it's sad!
Yeah I agree with you there Mike.. er.. VegettoEX.. can I call you Mike?? LOL..